Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Old 05-13-2014, 02:54 PM
  #1036  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,435
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
i've the 574 in stock but the car il already touchy with the 571, Unfortunatly i don't have the 575

5° of caster and 1°toe out

i've tried different setup around the central and the laterals dampers but nothing that realy improve the car.
You can try less caster, gives you better stability on corner exit but good steering on corner entry.

575 Rears (softer) like Wheelz says and JackGripper or SXT3.0, which is more consistent over 15 minutes to keep the tires from collecting carpet grease and fibers.

What front springs are you using?
MikeR is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 05:28 PM
  #1037  
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 416
Default

i use the tamiya black (medium)
i'll try less caster tomorrow and maybe a stiffer diff

you'll be informed of the result thx Mike
Ph3nyx is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 03:15 PM
  #1038  
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 416
Default

Back from the track with less caster and a complete clean diff ! it's better but the issue is not completly resolved
the car as the potential , but it's not easy to get it with those tires !
Ph3nyx is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:20 PM
  #1039  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,435
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
Back from the track with less caster and a complete clean diff ! it's better but the issue is not completly resolved
the car as the potential , but it's not easy to get it with those tires !
Yes, tires are 75% of the handling especially when its 2wd
MikeR is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 11:08 AM
  #1040  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
cmunro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 540
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

for anybody looking for a complete f1r2 ,i have one for sale in the classifieds it has been the best chassis i ever had just makeing the move to 1/12 scale
cmunro is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 04:56 PM
  #1041  
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 416
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Yes, tires are 75% of the handling especially when its 2wd
in my configuration i've put the battery backward and the esc in front, do you think it could be better with the battery in the front (transfering mass to the rear on accel ) ?
Someone have tried both setup ?
Ph3nyx is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 04:11 AM
  #1042  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Thought I would share how I was able to use the additional M3 holes at the front of the chassis on my F1R2. I've also widened the car 10mm at the front and back. Less and less Tamiya is left over. Just the rear axle and differential now.



J-PaP is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 08:47 AM
  #1043  
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 416
Default

very nice ! 190mm wide ? How did you manage to widen the rear ? shims on the axle ?
Ph3nyx is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 AM
  #1044  
Tech Adept
 
wheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: orange county
Posts: 231
Default

Originally Posted by J-PaP View Post
Thought I would share how I was able to use the additional M3 holes at the front of the chassis on my F1R2. I've also widened the car 10mm at the front and back. Less and less Tamiya is left over. Just the rear axle and differential now.



Wow those are really nice!!!! I'm sure more and more people will be converting their front ends over when the 101W comes out. How long did that take to make?
wheelz is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:13 AM
  #1045  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
very nice ! 190mm wide ? How did you manage to widen the rear ? shims on the axle ?
Rear is widened using the Rsector widening kit plus 2mm shims on the axle.

Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
Wow those are really nice!!!! I'm sure more and more people will be converting their front ends over when the 101W comes out. How long did that take to make?
Hard to put a time on it. Manufacturing itself is quick though the CAD drawing takes a bit of time mostly due to having someone draw it up using sketches/standard tamiya lower arm set and the components to make the whole lot attach to the existing chassis/kingpins.

As the top arms now mount in a different position there was a bit of working out lengths of turnbuckles and the arms to tune caster/camber/toe. As you can see I've resorted to using different ball ends to make them fit.
J-PaP is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 02:52 AM
  #1046  
Tech Adept
 
pug205's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 132
Default

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get the F1R2 and have never run a car with the side psrings before. Is it easy for the springs to fall out after a hit or roll and can the Tamiya side springs (part 54352) be used on this car? As I cannot find where to buy the Associated springs from.

Cheers
pug205 is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 07:00 PM
  #1047  
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 416
Default

Tamiya's springs will work fine
i've never lose a spring so far on a hit
Ph3nyx is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 07:09 PM
  #1048  
PDR
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,928
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pug205 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking to get the F1R2 and have never run a car with the side psrings before. Is it easy for the springs to fall out after a hit or roll and can the Tamiya side springs (part 54352) be used on this car? As I cannot find where to buy the Associated springs from.

Cheers
Brett - only ever had one go walkabout and that was because I hadn't put it on properly. However, tqrcracing carries a good range of Associated parts, including the side springs.

Phil.
PDR is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 07:16 PM
  #1049  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

and if you are really paranoid just put a little dab of shoe goo at the top of the spring, after you install them.
evochick is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 08:23 PM
  #1050  
Tech Adept
 
pug205's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 132
Default

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it .

(Hope we get to see you back at the track soon Phil!)
pug205 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.