Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Old 04-29-2013, 08:10 AM
  #646  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 2,399
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mikpiz View Post
Would love to see that set up sheet , just built a f1r and am getting into F1 racing ( UF1 midwest rules ) and could use some hints to get this thing dailed in .
Sorry, this got away from me. I'll have a sheet up asap.
Rick Vessell is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 03:56 PM
  #647  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,437
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Sorry so late- work work work



Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
Ok thank you. What's a good tire to run on in Florida for f1 on a black top parking lot. That will fit on your wheels. Pits thanks
I'm guessing for your track Shimizu 72 hard rears and 71 soft fronts or 73 med fronts depending on how much steering you need.

Originally Posted by tudor_47 View Post
OK I'll refrase
will the electronics that I now have between the link and the battery still fit if I switch to this new chassis?
It will be an even tighter fit- about 2mm less on each side. You should be running a shorty lipo and just mount the on/off switch on the side plate like most F1 racers!
MikeR is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:05 PM
  #648  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Just letting you know my F1R is up for sale in For Sale section.

Sold.

Last edited by edhchoe; 05-14-2013 at 07:56 AM.
edhchoe is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 10:52 AM
  #649  
Suspended
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: awahtukee, AZ
Posts: 1,433
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
Sorry, this got away from me. I'll have a sheet up asap.
wheres itt at...lol
i am cornholio is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM
  #650  
Suspended
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: awahtukee, AZ
Posts: 1,433
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

mike...are the rims gonna be in soon..i need some for reedy
i am cornholio is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:03 PM
  #651  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,437
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
mike...are the rims gonna be in soon..i need some for reedy
Another shipment coming in this week thx
MikeR is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 PM
  #652  
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Talking

I ran my F1R successfully last Sunday(12 of May) with foams, this is great!
I could not get the car to function with the foam wheels
but after rebuilding this winter and introducing the uni crank steering (Exotek) and using shorty batteries. I am now able to run with last year winner at the same pace.. I TQ'd and got fastest lap during the final.

Setup: i have the electronics between the battery and the links. The transponder sits under the steering.

Great car!

Oh,
we run 35 minute final with a mandatory battery change stop of 4 minutes. during the summer we run 8 races and it all comes up to a final race where the winner is decided, points are collected during the summer. In the race last sunday I missed alot of racetime as I had choosen to run rubbers, it was raining some so I gambled that it would rain... however it dried up so I switched to foam tires, loosing valuable race time.
tudor_47 is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:49 AM
  #653  
Suspended
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: awahtukee, AZ
Posts: 1,433
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Another shipment coming in this week thx
thx mike..don't know if you remember me from srs a few years back..lol..anyways is there a way I can make a pre order or you let me know when they are available so I can order asap and have them shipped priority or overnight?? thx,
Ray
i am cornholio is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 AM
  #654  
Suspended
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: awahtukee, AZ
Posts: 1,433
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

also I have the older conversion with the laydown servo and bellcrank..do you recommend going with the standup servo up front?? is there a performance advantage to either?? I am goin to place order as soon as rims come in..with the new 2.5 mm chassis also
i am cornholio is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 10:16 AM
  #655  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 2,399
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

As promised here is my setup. I do apologize for the delay. No setup sheet at the moment so here's the long form

Front:
Width - 182mm
Spring - Tam black w/.7mm preload
No spacers under camber plate
1.5mm spacer under camber ballstud
1.5 deg. camber
4.5 deg. caster
Exotek adjustable arms
1 deg toe out
Tam alum uprights, inline axle, one hole forward from rear position for toe link
Pardus spec tire, CA inner and outer sidewall up to tread
7/8 sauce, outer edge dry
Ride height 3.5mm at front of chassis
Wing - F60 with Exotek brace

Center:
TRF full size shock
3 hole piston
450wt oil
Gray Tam spring (very hard), set preload so chassis has very slight sag
Forward hole on shock mount
1.5mm under forward ball stud for clearance
2.5mm under rear ball stud
4.5mm droop
X1 damper tube with 80K
AE gold side springs just touching

Rear:
Width 183mm
X1 counterweight
Spur 93
Pinion 31
Motor - SP MMM3.0 21.5 with 30deg board set full retarded
Pardus spec tire, CA outer side wall up to tread
Full sauce
Ride height 4.0mm
Wing - F60

Body - Tam F60
ESC - SP GT super stock mounted on end behind servo
Servo - Futaba BLS951 horizontal with Tam servo saver
Battery - Trakpower 4400 shorty full forward behind ESC
Rick Vessell is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 11:38 AM
  #656  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
texastc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

^^^ gold
texastc is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 04:43 PM
  #657  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,437
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
also I have the older conversion with the laydown servo and bellcrank..do you recommend going with the standup servo up front?? is there a performance advantage to either?? I am goin to place order as soon as rims come in..with the new 2.5 mm chassis also
Hi, Wheels just came in
Seems for rubber most are comfortable with the standard servo location. Just a tad more steering and probably more predictable off power with these narrow cars. Wide is probably another story

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
As promised here is my setup. I do apologize for the delay. No setup sheet at the moment so here's the long form
Nice! Thanks for your support Rick.
MikeR is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:03 PM
  #658  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,782
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Mike,
Are you still making the F1R? I am aware of the new, thinner chassis. Also, can we order the wheels from Exotek Racing now?

scott
NutDriver is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:09 PM
  #659  
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,548
Default

Can you use a mini servo in these cars or is it best to use a low profile servo?
E
EricF is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM
  #660  
PDR
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,928
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
Front:
Width - 182mm
Spring - Tam black w/.7mm preload
No spacers under camber plate
1.5mm spacer under camber ballstud
1.5 deg. camber
4.5 deg. caster
Exotek adjustable arms
1 deg toe out
Tam alum uprights, inline axle, one hole forward from rear position for toe link
Pardus spec tire, CA inner and outer sidewall up to tread
7/8 sauce, outer edge dry
Ride height 3.5mm at front of chassis
Wing - F60 with Exotek brace

Center:
TRF full size shock
3 hole piston
450wt oil
Gray Tam spring (very hard), set preload so chassis has very slight sag
Forward hole on shock mount
1.5mm under forward ball stud for clearance
2.5mm under rear ball stud
4.5mm droop
X1 damper tube with 80K
AE gold side springs just touching

Rear:
Width 183mm
X1 counterweight
Spur 93
Pinion 31
Motor - SP MMM3.0 21.5 with 30deg board set full retarded
Pardus spec tire, CA outer side wall up to tread
Full sauce
Ride height 4.0mm
Wing - F60

Body - Tam F60
ESC - SP GT super stock mounted on end behind servo
Servo - Futaba BLS951 horizontal with Tam servo saver
Battery - Trakpower 4400 shorty full forward behind ESC
Some quick questions:
  • Where do you measure the .7mm preload on the shock?
  • How do you measure the caster?
  • You mention CA on the sidewalls, so I'm assuming this is a carpet set-up. Would it work for asphalt?
PDR is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.