Search
Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

hello everyone
i have the F104w wr1 wolf.
dose anyone know if you can raise the ground clearance on the front of this car?
and what type of tires would you recommend for this car on asphalt parking lots
all it wants to do is spin out with box stock tires.. i would like to use rubber tires
other than foam.i do have a high traction t-bar on it and the diff is tight.as the manual said to do.nothing but spin outs any help here.. thanks
Old 07-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
hello everyone
dose anyone know if you can raise the ground clearance on the front of this car?
all it wants to do is spin out with box stock tires.. i would like to use rubber tires
other than foam.i do have a high traction t-bar on it and the diff is tight.as the manual said to do.nothing but spin outs any help here.. thanks
F104W is same front end as the F103. Can not raise the front ground clearance other than running a taller tire compared to a shorter tire (if you are running foam). If you want to run rubber tires, you will need to order the F103 tires. TQ Racing (http://www.tqrcracing.com/) stocks F103 tires. When I ran my F103, I used the Pit Shimizu rear tires and the Ride front tires. For me, the Ride tires gave better steering than the Pit Shimizu tires. If you are running on a medium to low grip outdoor track, loosen the diff a little. A tight diff is best for high traction tracks (asphalt or carpet). I used the Ride #24000 front tires and the Pit Shimizu #PS-0545 rear tires with the Ride # 25000 front rims and the ride # 25001 rear rims.

Panda
Old 07-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hello everyone
Assuming your not racing Tamiya races...

You can take a dremel and remove material from the bottom of the steering arm. Then add a spacer on top of the steering arm to basically lower the arm. So if you take off 2mm, you add a 2mm spacer back on top of the arm. This should get you 2mm more clearance
Old 07-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

ok thank for your help
Old 07-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

ok thank you also for your help
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Can you run the f1r in a wide configuration? Or if want to run wide should I get the ultra conversion?
Thanks
Idbdoug
Old 07-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Can you run the f1r in a wide configuration? Or if want to run wide should I get the ultra conversion?
Thanks
Idbdoug
I run the F1R in wide version. Ill let you drive it Saturday, and you can try Roberts Ultra. Wheel base is a tad longer on F1R.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
I run the F1R in wide version. Ill let you drive it Saturday, and you can try Roberts Ultra. Wheel base is a tad longer on F1R.
thanks.
idbdoug
Old 07-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

i have the wr1 wolf f104w on a exotek chasis can any one give a new guy a set up fore asphalt on rubber tires need to learn how to do this stuff motor is novak 21.5.. I got a 63 spur and 22-t pinion metric...edge ESC..thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i have the wr1 wolf f104w on a exotek chasis can any one give a new guy a set up fore asphalt on rubber tires need to learn how to do this stuff motor is novak 21.5.. I got a 63 spur and 22-t pinion metric...edge ESC..thanks
Start here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-f104-pro.html

Then go here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ber-tires.html

That took about 2 minutes using the search button. Whew! Happy reading.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Set it up as per manual first. the 0542 Hard rears and either 0544 soft or 0547 medium fronts. For 104W width cars. Same compounds as the 104 tires but for the wide cars. Most adjustments you will probably make will be side springs.
Attached Thumbnails Exotek F1R-exotek-f1r-setup.jpg  
Old 07-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Been using my F1r all season now, well 4-5 outings and as many races, to my dissapointment I always seem to have big isssues with rear grip.

I am now running F104W(F103) foams (they worked very well for a friend on his F103)

I have the straight line speed and the car feels OK in my hands on the bench but it will not corner as it i supposed to,
when I get into the corner the car spins out.

We are running 13.5T motors an our straight is some 50 meters.

Car setup.
front
F104 arms with RSector widening kit (widest)

rear
F104 motor pod, side damper with 20Wt(?)
main damper
side spring harder than default, had to try something, barely touching the links
F104 diff, rsector widening kit

body: Mclaren (tam#51430)
It feels like the car looses all traction in the rear as soon as it comes up in speed.
I am surrounded by other F104, F109 FGX and F103 and the all work OK with the motor/speed I am wanting to run.

So far I have pulled the car apart a few times and redone the links side damper/main damper (have fixed issues with stuck links and not good side damper) but car is still not working OK.
I have tested many different types of foam wheels...and some rubbers too
But if anyone know of a foam combination that works in a little quicker speeds I am up for testing another set.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tudor_47
Been using my F1r all season now, well 4-5 outings and as many races, to my dissapointment I always seem to have big isssues with rear grip.

I am now running F104W(F103) foams (they worked very well for a friend on his F103)

I have the straight line speed and the car feels OK in my hands on the bench but it will not corner as it i supposed to,
when I get into the corner the car spins out.

We are running 13.5T motors an our straight is some 50 meters.

Car setup.
front
F104 arms with RSector widening kit (widest)

rear
F104 motor pod, side damper with 20Wt(?)
main damper
side spring harder than default, had to try something, barely touching the links
F104 diff, rsector widening kit

body: Mclaren (tam#51430)
It feels like the car looses all traction in the rear as soon as it comes up in speed.
I am surrounded by other F104, F109 FGX and F103 and the all work OK with the motor/speed I am wanting to run.

So far I have pulled the car apart a few times and redone the links side damper/main damper (have fixed issues with stuck links and not good side damper) but car is still not working OK.
I have tested many different types of foam wheels...and some rubbers too
But if anyone know of a foam combination that works in a little quicker speeds I am up for testing another set.
What front end is everybody else running?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Im not sure of the terminology, or of my theory. But with the with the widetrack front end at max width, could that be the issue? Help me here but with the upright still being at 180mm and the axle/wheels extended outward, wouldnt that cause scrub/drag/badthings? At 190mm may not be an issue, but thats almost an inch more of axle. I know what Im trying to say, just not sure of how t get it across, Hopefully someone is as demented as me and can translate. thanks. back under my rock.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
Im not sure of the terminology, or of my theory. But with the with the widetrack front end at max width, could that be the issue? Help me here but with the upright still being at 180mm and the axle/wheels extended outward, wouldnt that cause scrub/drag/badthings? At 190mm may not be an issue, but thats almost an inch more of axle. I know what Im trying to say, just not sure of how t get it across, Hopefully someone is as demented as me and can translate. thanks. back under my rock.
as ttc said, with the widest front end, you will get added wheel scrub from slip angle when the tires are turned. its only 3/8" wider on the axle(per side).
what camber and spring are on the front end?

try to lighten the side dampening of the rear pod(free it up), add a small amount of droop and make sure the chassis is level in the middle of the car at ride height. if the center is higher than the ends(front and rear), it can become darty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.