Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Old 06-28-2019, 06:05 PM
  #2716  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Plantation, FL
Posts: 516
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

That’s a F1R3 with the V2 arms. So it does fit!
astgerma52sp is offline  
Old 06-30-2019, 05:55 PM
  #2717  
Tech Master
 
5th wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,061
Default

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp View Post
Thatís a F1R3 with the V2 arms. So it does fit!
nice but I am running the F1R with the Tamia Front end looking for a low nose body
5th wheel is offline  
Old 06-30-2019, 06:41 PM
  #2718  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,160
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default


Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
What would be a good choice for a new body for my F1R that will fit properly. protoform stop making the one I have now . Itís the low nose thanks...
the bitty design type 6R or 6C always fit my F1R3 very well
MikeR likes this.
f1larry is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 05:52 PM
  #2719  
Tech Master
 
5th wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,061
Default

Originally Posted by f1larry View Post


the bitty design type 6R or 6C always fit my F1R3 very well
looks great I like that one. I will get one .if it fits the F1R3 I am sure it will work on the F1R.
5th wheel is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 09:40 AM
  #2720  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,440
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post

looks great I like that one. I will get one .if it fits the F1R3 I am sure it will work on the F1R.
The original F1R? Yes just about any body will fit it because it is so narrow.
NutDriver likes this.
MikeR is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 07:15 PM
  #2721  
Tech Master
 
5th wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,061
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
The original F1R? Yes just about any body will fit it because it is so narrow.
thank you Mike good to know
5th wheel is offline  
Old 07-05-2019, 11:20 AM
  #2722  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,440
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to Boris! The 2019 UF1 F2 class winner, piloting the F1R3!
2019 UF1 Formula 2 Winter Champion ? Boris Tsenov | UF1 RC - Formula 1 RC Racing
Raman and 5th wheel like this.
MikeR is offline  
Old 07-05-2019, 02:06 PM
  #2723  
Tech Addict
 
VegasHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 516
Default

Boris is such a great person. When it comes to tuning questions at 702 he's my go to, super knowledgeable and always willing to another racer out.
MikeR likes this.
VegasHB is offline  
Old 07-05-2019, 02:10 PM
  #2724  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (82)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,599
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VegasHB View Post
Boris is such a great person. When it comes to tuning questions at 702 he's my go to, super knowledgeable and always willing to another racer out.

Just what tires or brands are you are using
Thanks
OVA is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 02:03 AM
  #2725  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Plantation, FL
Posts: 516
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Mike, any chance you will make a wing to chassis conversion for the F1r3? Does it really impact the car’s handling?
f1larry likes this.
astgerma52sp is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 05:42 AM
  #2726  
Tech Master
 
5th wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,061
Default Track width

Mike you said in a previous post that F ones run better at 190 mm. I have some shims now running the f1r original should I bring the rear of the car to 188-189 or 190 it also has the Tamia front end on it. Would it be a good idea to also widen the front as far as possible. I also have the f1r 3 should I do the same to it also it has the new version 2 front end trying to understand the track with these cars thanks for your time and info.. both cars run on gravity tires asphalt track only Outdoors
5th wheel is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 03:29 PM
  #2727  
Tech Master
 
5th wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,061
Default Track width

I can see how you change the track width with shims and different size bearings in the front how do you change the track width on a F-1 R original do you guys shim out the tires I have no room to put shims on the axle on the rear
5th wheel is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 06:44 PM
  #2728  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,440
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
Mike you said in a previous post that F ones run better at 190 mm. I have some shims now running the f1r original should I bring the rear of the car to 188-189 or 190 it also has the Tamia front end on it. Would it be a good idea to also widen the front as far as possible. I also have the f1r 3 should I do the same to it also it has the new version 2 front end trying to understand the track with these cars thanks for your time and info.. both cars run on gravity tires asphalt track only Outdoors
I try to match the rear width just to feel balanced. Narrow up front tends to increase steering so it is a tuning option.
MikeR is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 06:48 PM
  #2729  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,440
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
I can see how you change the track width with shims and different size bearings in the front how do you change the track width on a F-1 R original do you guys shim out the tires I have no room to put shims on the axle on the rear
I space out the rear hubs from the axle with spacers. Or you can perhaps use TC car wheel shims. Just don't forget they may be in the wheels when you swap wheels
MikeR is offline  
Old 07-15-2019, 05:35 PM
  #2730  
Tech Master
 
5th wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,061
Default

Thank you
5th wheel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.