Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Old 09-17-2017, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

working on the F104 does anyone know the part number or the size of the steering arm from the servo to the hub on the front wheels I think mine are to long..going from a 103 front to a 104 front...and the part number to this red spring you guys are using...thanks
Old 09-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Default F1R

Hope this looks wright? put on my new arms trying to get this older car to run.Everyone in the club is getting F1s from A to Z I will be the only one with the F1R its ok I like it
Attached Thumbnails Exotek F1R-dsc00092.jpg   Exotek F1R-dsc00091.jpg   Exotek F1R-dsc00089.jpg  
Old 09-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

When will the F1R4 came out ?
Old 09-24-2017, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
working on the F104 does anyone know the part number or the size of the steering arm from the servo to the hub on the front wheels I think mine are to long..going from a 103 front to a 104 front...and the part number to this red spring you guys are using...thanks
F1 TOP SPRING SET, medium, soft, extra soft - Exotek Racing

Hope this looks wright? put on my new arms trying to get this older car to run.Everyone in the club is getting F1s from A to Z I will be the only one with the F1R its ok I like it
Looks good! How do the spacers on the pins look?

Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
When will the F1R4 came out ?
Always testing new things but no plans for a '4' still.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

thank you I will get them.F1 TOP SPRING SET, medium, soft, extra soft - Exotek Racing
Old 09-24-2017, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Default F1R

How's the best way to fix this? add more shims I took the plastic ones out that came with the kit arms they were hanging up was not smooth. thanks for any help.I want this Exotek F1R to be the best I can make it. It's the only one. the rest are XRays and so on
Attached Thumbnails Exotek F1R-dsc00093.jpg   Exotek F1R-dsc00094.jpg  
Old 09-24-2017, 05:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Always testing new things but no plans for a '4' still.
Mike, any chance you will have spur gears in stock soon?
Old 09-25-2017, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

How's the best way to fix this? add more shims I took the plastic ones out that came with the kit arms they were hanging up was not smooth. thanks for any help.I want this Exotek F1R to be the best I can make it. It's the only one. the rest are XRays and so on
Are you worried about the gap between the upper arm and the wheel upright? I would just put the kit spacers in there. There should be no up-down movement between the upper arm/kingpin/upright anyway, so it doesn't matter if it doesn't move freely; it shouldn't move at all. In fact, there should be no open space where you can see the kingpin between the upright and the upper arm.

I would also insert a setscrew on the side of the trailing upper arm, it keeps the turnbuckle from twisting after you've set caster.

Also, off topic, but anyone else get the heebie jeebies from that white nylon upright? It takes me back to my F102 days (which I've also been meaning to convert to the black carbon reinforced ones).
Old 09-25-2017, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Hi
I like to use these for taking up the clearance between the arm and the upright.
The different thicknesses are useful in taking out all the "slop" there.

I use the same adjustable arm's. Good stuff from Exotek !

https://www.amainhobbies.com/schumac...hu2858/p153178

Regards
BM
Old 09-25-2017, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by viking44 View Post
Are you worried about the gap between the upper arm and the wheel upright? I would just put the kit spacers in there. There should be no up-down movement between the upper arm/kingpin/upright anyway, so it doesn't matter if it doesn't move freely; it shouldn't move at all. In fact, there should be no open space where you can see the kingpin between the upright and the upper arm.

I would also insert a setscrew on the side of the trailing upper arm, it keeps the turnbuckle from twisting after you've set caster.

Also, off topic, but anyone else get the heebie jeebies from that white nylon upright? It takes me back to my F102 days (which I've also been meaning to convert to the black carbon reinforced ones).
ok thank you for the info....my kit did not come with the setscrews.Do you know the size of then.. I will see if I have some.you think it would be better to use the black carbon ones I have them also? thanks Jerry
Old 09-25-2017, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Hi
I like to use these for taking up the clearance between the arm and the upright.
The different thicknesses are useful in taking out all the "slop" there.

I use the same adjustable arm's. Good stuff from Exotek !

https://www.amainhobbies.com/schumac...hu2858/p153178

Regards
BM
ok thanks I got them I run the old Mi4lp TC
Old 09-25-2017, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone have the manual for the 2012 F 104 wing set part 51525 of how this thing goes together..thanks
Old 09-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

ok thank you for the info....my kit did not come with the setscrews.Do you know the size of then.. I will see if I have some.you think it would be better to use the black carbon ones I have them also? thanks Jerry
The setscrews are 3x3mm. Very common ones for pinion gears etc.

I like the black carbon ones because they look better and are stronger than the nylon ones. They may more brittle though but I have no hard evidence of that.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you don't feel 'in sync' with your cars steering at all you may want to switch the servo saver out to Xray or Tamiya HD. The plastic set you have now wanders a lot on higher grip tracks

Originally Posted by RCBuddha View Post
Mike, any chance you will have spur gears in stock soon?
Discontinued sorry
Old 09-25-2017, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
If you don't feel 'in sync' with your cars steering at all you may want to switch the servo saver out to Xray or Tamiya HD. The plastic set you have now wanders a lot on higher grip tracks

Discontinued sorry
LOL ya the servo stuff is junk but its already in the car when I started this thing.I got the HD Tamiya and a better servo I was going to use when I do the IFS later.but thing about it. it may not be worth the money to put it on this car F1R . Now that I am into it I will finish up what I started I also got the Exotek spring set.I should of just got the F1R3 trying to get a older car to do new tricks is being a pain in the neck LOL.But we will see how it goes it might even do good. thanks everyone for the help...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.