Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Old 12-15-2016, 08:05 PM
  #2296  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,533
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
"Tamiya front spool"??!!
oops sorry, I mean "F104 Adjustable Metal Upright"
disaster999 is offline  
Old 12-15-2016, 08:51 PM
  #2297  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,437
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I knew what you meant
MikeR is offline  
Old 12-19-2016, 05:29 AM
  #2298  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I really like the F1R3 and will be starting from scratch. There are 2 F1R2's for sale in here. What all is different between the R2 vs R3? Are all the options for the R3 interchangeable with the R2?
RollingChicane2 is offline  
Old 12-19-2016, 09:37 AM
  #2299  
Tech Master
iTrader: (64)
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Hey MikeR,

I'll be ordering an F1R3 after the new year but was just wanting to make sure they were going to be re-stocked. I could've sworn a week or so ago that you had some... the conversions are going to be restocked, right??

The reason I ask is that I can find them on ebay, and even Amazon, but the prices are inflated... I would rather get it from you than from a "middle-man". The one on Amazon is $250

I plan on the F1R3 conversion, adjustable front arms, and the IFS front suspension - that's only about $20 more for all that than the one the guy has on Amazon!!

thanks,
-Barry
aracefan is offline  
Old 12-19-2016, 09:58 AM
  #2300  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,437
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
Hey MikeR,

I'll be ordering an F1R3 after the new year but was just wanting to make sure they were going to be re-stocked. I could've sworn a week or so ago that you had some... the conversions are going to be restocked, right??

The reason I ask is that I can find them on ebay, and even Amazon, but the prices are inflated... I would rather get it from you than from a "middle-man". The one on Amazon is $250

I plan on the F1R3 conversion, adjustable front arms, and the IFS front suspension - that's only about $20 more for all that than the one the guy has on Amazon!!

thanks,
-Barry
Hi!

We are working on restock now but a bit backlogged with holiday shipping and general production load already so eta mid January...
Right now I believe http://www.tqrcracing.com/ and RCmart has them in stock though.

Thanks
MikeR is offline  
Old 12-19-2016, 10:03 AM
  #2301  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,437
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2 View Post
I really like the F1R3 and will be starting from scratch. There are 2 F1R2's for sale in here. What all is different between the R2 vs R3? Are all the options for the R3 interchangeable with the R2?
Very similar except that the R3 is wider to allow side ways battery mounting. All of the alloy bits are the same and some Exotek options like IFS are still bolt on though the double steering crank set is F1R3 only.
MikeR is offline  
Old 12-19-2016, 10:55 AM
  #2302  
Tech Master
iTrader: (64)
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Doh! [smacks forehead] Sometimes I can be a complete boob. I have ordered plenty of 1/12 stuff, not to mention an F1 body or two - can not believe I didn't think to check with them.

Thanks a ton! Just need to get the Expensive, er I mean Holiday season over - so I can start spending $$ on more important things.

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi!

We are working on restock now but a bit backlogged with holiday shipping and general production load already so eta mid January...
Right now I believe http://www.tqrcracing.com/ and RCmart has them in stock though.

Thanks
aracefan is offline  
Old 12-19-2016, 12:37 PM
  #2303  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Very similar except that the R3 is wider to allow side ways battery mounting. All of the alloy bits are the same and some Exotek options like IFS are still bolt on though the double steering crank set is F1R3 only.
Thanks Mike. Just bought the used F1R2 today and will be ordering the IFS kit and soft springs as well. Glad that F1 is making a comeback at our track and the Exotek designs are too awesome to pass up.

Keep cranking out the awesome products.
RollingChicane2 is offline  
Old 12-19-2016, 01:48 PM
  #2304  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,437
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2 View Post
Thanks Mike. Just bought the used F1R2 today and will be ordering the IFS kit and soft springs as well. Glad that F1 is making a comeback at our track and the Exotek designs are too awesome to pass up.

Keep cranking out the awesome products.
Sweet! Enjoy!

Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
Doh! [smacks forehead] Sometimes I can be a complete boob. I have ordered plenty of 1/12 stuff, not to mention an F1 body or two - can not believe I didn't think to check with them.

Thanks a ton! Just need to get the Expensive, er I mean Holiday season over - so I can start spending $$ on more important things.
No problem!
We may be doing a package pricing release on the F1R3 with it's hop-ups as well
MikeR is offline  
Old 12-20-2016, 01:05 AM
  #2305  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 153
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hi Mike,

I have some small questions that have appear during the assembly.
I am building the kit from scratch with the additional Tamiya parts, using the aluminium chassis and the side stiffeners.

1. When putting the centre pivot I can not thigh properly the screws that go from the aluminium chassis into the nuts and the whole assembly is a bit loose but it doesn't have slope. Is this normal?
2. The small screws that go below the eccentric bearing holders are too long, the go properly troghu all the metal bit.
3. Are the side springs always mounted over the links? I think that I have seen some drives using them on the inner holes, what are the differences?
4. When fitting the lower front suspension Tamiya bits after using the side stiffener the whole parts gets really high not getting nearby the rails of the chassis. I have missed something?

Best regards
Javier
jimjav is offline  
Old 12-20-2016, 06:36 AM
  #2306  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jimjav View Post
hi Mike,

I have some small questions that have appear during the assembly.
I am building the kit from scratch with the additional Tamiya parts, using the aluminium chassis and the side stiffeners.

1. When putting the centre pivot I can not thigh properly the screws that go from the aluminium chassis into the nuts and the whole assembly is a bit loose but it doesn't have slope. Is this normal?
2. The small screws that go below the eccentric bearing holders are too long, the go properly troghu all the metal bit.
3. Are the side springs always mounted over the links? I think that I have seen some drives using them on the inner holes, what are the differences?
4. When fitting the lower front suspension Tamiya bits after using the side stiffener the whole parts gets really high not getting nearby the rails of the chassis. I have missed something?

Best regards
Javier
1. Are the screws bottomed out on the locknuts?
2. How far do they stick out? As long as they don't rub on the hubs, you should be fine.
3. You can't use the Tamiya front end with the chassis braces unless you cut the bottom of the Tamiya arms around the rear hole. The braces are designed to be used with the IFS front end.
Serzoni is offline  
Old 12-20-2016, 07:14 AM
  #2307  
Tech Master
iTrader: (64)
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
No problem!
We may be doing a package pricing release on the F1R3 with it's hop-ups as well
Wait, what??

So, you're saying you may do a package that includes:
  • #1570 - F1R3 PRO CONVERSION
  • #1473 - F1 IFS INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION SET
  • #1205 - F104 ADJUSTABLE FRONT ARM SET

I sure as H-E-double hockey sticks hope so!!
Do you have an ETA on this? So I can order when available.

Thank you, sir!
aracefan is offline  
Old 12-26-2016, 04:24 PM
  #2308  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Picked up an Exotek F1R2 this past week and just ordered the IFS kit, machined damper tubes, soft IFS spring set and soft top spring set. (Also ordered Exotek goodies for my Evo 6 but I'll save that for another thread...)

Can't wait to get the car on the track and see how it performs.

Thanks Mike for designing awesome upgrades for our cars!
RollingChicane2 is offline  
Old 12-27-2016, 06:26 AM
  #2309  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2 View Post
Picked up an Exotek F1R2 this past week and just ordered the IFS kit, machined damper tubes, soft IFS spring set and soft top spring set.
If anyone has a good starting point for medium grip (old gray) carpet for the F1R2 and would be willing to share, I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
RollingChicane2 is offline  
Old 12-27-2016, 07:28 AM
  #2310  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,437
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jimjav View Post
hi Mike,

I have some small questions that have appear during the assembly.
I am building the kit from scratch with the additional Tamiya parts, using the aluminium chassis and the side stiffeners.

1. When putting the centre pivot I can not thigh properly the screws that go from the aluminium chassis into the nuts and the whole assembly is a bit loose but it doesn't have slope. Is this normal?
2. The small screws that go below the eccentric bearing holders are too long, the go properly troghu all the metal bit.
3. Are the side springs always mounted over the links? I think that I have seen some drives using them on the inner holes, what are the differences?
4. When fitting the lower front suspension Tamiya bits after using the side stiffener the whole parts gets really high not getting nearby the rails of the chassis. I have missed something?

Best regards
Javier

Hi There
1. The center associated pivot works best if it is snug but not tight on the chassis. If it pivots or slides a little then that is right. It keeps the suspension pod from binding.
2. As long as they don't rub anything it is fine.
3. Some like the inner hole so that it touches the carbon instead of side links. Inner hole just makes the spring act like they are softer.
4 As Serzoni said- for IFS only.
MikeR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.