Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Old 06-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
You are after more on power steering? You might just try going up to the next heavy spring for the top shock.
Yep, more on power steering, so a heavier spring will reduce the weight transfer to the rear...d'oh so simple! Thanks MikeR!

Any tips on how to reduce the spinning of the car under braking on low grip asphalt after a straightaway?? I'm using ABS and my brakes are at like 40% power
Old 06-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cadman1981 View Post
Yep, more on power steering, so a heavier spring will reduce the weight transfer to the rear...d'oh so simple! Thanks MikeR!

Any tips on how to reduce the spinning of the car under braking on low grip asphalt after a straightaway?? I'm using ABS and my brakes are at like 40% power
I don't think most F1 guys here are running much brakes at all outdoors because if the rear locks up at all then whoopsy daisy! Low grip means lower brakes, when grip goes up then brakes can be turned up. I find dialing drag brakes will be smoother on braking then manual braking so maybe that's something to try?
What would really help us is some rear toe in
Old 06-12-2016, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

This is my F1R3 built from the scratch & roll over when i turn hard
[IMG]h[/IMG]
Old 06-12-2016, 06:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 316 (100%+)
Default Exotek F1R2

Hey Guys,
New to F1 and looking to get a used F1R2. I am a little confused though. Is the Exotek a conversion kit for the Tamiya cars? Exotek does not make an actual F1 car? I see the F1R2 is an inline car only. Can this be converted to use inline and transverse battery config? I had the HPI F10 and raced once and really liked this class. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Buyer backed out. F1r3 still up for grabs!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

We had our 3rd race in the Texas EOS series in Austin TX. This is the first of two races held on an outdoor asphalt parking lot race. I elected to put my F1R3 back into F1R2 configuration due to track being asphalt. Once again the car was perfect resulting in a TQ and a 1st place which gives the exotek the series title. As matter of fact, the F1R2 would have qualified in the middle of the stock TC B-main(A,B, and C mains). For those who haven't tried the new Ride XR rear tires on asphalt, you need to because they are better than the R1's.
idbdoug
Attached Thumbnails Exotek F1R-image.jpg  
Old 06-14-2016, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug View Post
We had our 3rd race in the Texas EOS series in Austin TX. This is the first of two races held on an outdoor asphalt parking lot race. I elected to put my F1R3 back into F1R2 configuration due to track being asphalt. Once again the car was perfect resulting in a TQ and a 1st place which gives the exotek the series title. As matter of fact, the F1R2 would have qualified in the middle of the stock TC B-main(A,B, and C mains). For those who haven't tried the new Ride XR rear tires on asphalt, you need to because they are better than the R1's.
idbdoug
Nice job Doug! Congrats on the title!

On the rear XR- have you noticed any big drop off after about the 3rd run?
Mine seems to have faded quite a bit. Don't know if it was my set up or the tires. I need to test more I guess
Old 06-14-2016, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

idbdoug
great job Doug!
I am also curious about the xr tires. how do they compare to 72's? also what front were you running? Ive heard that the you have to run er's front and rear for a balanced feel... we haven't really been able to get our hands on many sets out here on the west coast

Aaron
Old 06-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Nice job Doug! Congrats on the title!

On the rear XR- have you noticed any big drop off after about the 3rd run?
Mine seems to have faded quite a bit. Don't know if it was my set up or the tires. I need to test more I guess
Zero drop off in performance. The key for this track was too clean the tires,Front and Rear, with your traction compound and DON'T reapply, leave tires dry. If you put traction compound back on the tires, its was like black ice in the winter---zero traction. I have inserted a pic of the left rear and you can tell almost no wear, the tires had 3 heats, a 8 minute main, and several practice runs
idbdoug
Attached Thumbnails Exotek F1R-ridexr.jpg  
Old 06-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=wheelz;14566952]great job Doug!
I am also curious about the xr tires. how do they compare to 72's? also what front were you running? Ive heard that the you have to run er's front and rear for a balanced feel... we haven't really been able to get our hands on many sets out here on the west coast

Aaron[/QUOT
I will do more testing on carpet but I have had only a few practice sessions so far but they felt good. They seem to generate the same grip as 572's but with less sidewall flex. I ran 574/RideXR combo for 3 heats and the main. The car was making the rubber tire barking noise as it went into a corner with all the grip being generated with this combo. I tried some 572 rears earlier in the day but they were very loose. I didn't try 571 fronts with the RideXr's because they might have overpowered the rears and car was balanced with grip on both ends. I purchased tires thru RCMart but TQ racing told me they were getting them in for purchase but i don't see them yet on their site.
I used Mike's old F1R2 asphalt setup with only minor changes::: Kyosho 30,000 diff grease in front shocks and Assoc Blue side springs
idbdoug
Old 06-14-2016, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Zero drop off in performance. The key for this track was too clean the tires,Front and Rear, with your traction compound and DON'T reapply, leave tires dry. If you put traction compound back on the tires, its was like black ice in the winter---zero traction. I have inserted a pic of the left rear and you can tell almost no wear, the tires had 3 heats, a 8 minute main, and several practice runs
idbdoug
Great info. Youre running 74s on the front as well right? How does that combo compare to like kit fronts and 72s? Have you run xr's front and rear?

I just ordered some ride tires to play with.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aris View Post
This is my F1R3 built from the scratch & roll over when i turn hard
[IMG]h[/IMG]
Are you saying car is rolling over in a 180 turn or sweeper??? What type of surface?
idbdoug
Old 06-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=idbdoug;14567718]
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
great job Doug!

Aaron[/QUOT
I will do more testing on carpet but I have had only a few practice sessions so far but they felt good. They seem to generate the same grip as 572's but with less sidewall flex. I ran 574/RideXR combo for 3 heats and the main. The car was making the rubber tire barking noise as it went into a corner with all the grip being generated with this combo. I tried some 572 rears earlier in the day but they were very loose. I didn't try 571 fronts with the RideXr's because they might have overpowered the rears and car was balanced with grip on both ends. I purchased tires thru RCMart but TQ racing told me they were getting them in for purchase but i don't see them yet on their site.
I used Mike's old F1R2 asphalt setup with only minor changes::: Kyosho 30,000 diff grease in front shocks and Assoc Blue side springs
idbdoug
Can't wait to give them a try! What sauce are you cleaning with?

Also do you have a set of yokomo soft fronts? I find yoksofts to be far superior on carpet compared to 74's!

The xr's must make a ton of rear grip
Old 06-14-2016, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
Great info. Youre running 74s on the front as well right? How does that combo compare to like kit fronts and 72s? Have you run xr's front and rear?

I just ordered some ride tires to play with.
The Ride XR's were rear only, not fronts. The fronts were 574's. I haven't tried the XR fronts and since you ordered them I will wait to see what your opinion is of Rider XR front and rears
idbdoug
Old 06-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=wheelz;14567733]

Can't wait to give them a try! What sauce are you cleaning with?

Also do you have a set of yokomo soft fronts? I find yoksofts to be far superior on carpet compared to 74's!

The xr's must make a ton of rear grip
On Asphalt, I was using the black can paragon. I don't have yokomo softs but a friend does so I will try them on carpet. Now are you talking about the new CRC black carpet because that's what we have now?????
idbdoug

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.