Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Old 01-23-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug View Post
Can you still use the older F60, MP4, and F104 kit bodies with newer F1R3 car?
idbdoug
Should be able to use an uncut F104 body, as its the same width as a protoform 2015. I have both and compared them, the proto '15 is of course lower profile.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RonF View Post
Should be able to use an uncut F104 body, as its the same width as a protoform 2015. I have both and compared them, the proto '15 is of course lower profile.
Thanks
idbdoug
Old 01-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Just picked up an F1R3 conversion and before I get to the nitty gritty of chassis setup, I was wondering what users recommend for the front suspension and rear axle cause I'm probably gonna have to cannibalize an F104X1, or get all new parts.

For the local guys, it's going to be run on TQRC's smooth carpet track (if I ever get me shiz together and get out there again).

I'll probably stick to the stock F104 front suspension before getting the Exotek adjustables or the IFS cause it's what I've got available. But for the rear axle, does this chassis work best with carbon or steel shaft? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viking44 View Post
Just picked up an F1R3 conversion and before I get to the nitty gritty of chassis setup, I was wondering what users recommend for the front suspension and rear axle cause I'm probably gonna have to cannibalize an F104X1, or get all new parts.

For the local guys, it's going to be run on TQRC's smooth carpet track (if I ever get me shiz together and get out there again).

I'll probably stick to the stock F104 front suspension before getting the Exotek adjustables or the IFS cause it's what I've got available. But for the rear axle, does this chassis work best with carbon or steel shaft? Thanks in advance!
for medium to high bite carpet, i'm told the carbon axle is the way to go. I think Tamiya has discontinued it though. I don't know how or why since i'm pretty sure the new trf102 uses the same axle.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys,

the video was posted from the third main of the tuning haus series at tq. its a 15 minute main but at least you can see how the car performs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EKUh7ZcJF8

Aaron
Old 01-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looks super smooth! I'll need to go throuh your pics on how ya set the front end up. What was the reason for the traction roll?
Old 01-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38 View Post
Looks super smooth! I'll need to go throuh your pics on how ya set the front end up. What was the reason for the traction roll?
I tried a little bit more rear droop to get the car to put more weight on the front end during 180 corners. Turns out I put too much droop and it was rolling over too far on the front end.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi All,

New F1R3 set up sheet now online. Thanks to Petite Rc;

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/exo...SetupSheet.pdf

We may add details later but for now it's a great start.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Im very curious to see a good setup on the new crc carpet
Old 01-25-2016, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi All,

New F1R3 set up sheet now online. Thanks to Petite Rc;

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/exo...SetupSheet.pdf

We may add details later but for now it's a great start.
its a thing of beauty!!!!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edonsohc View Post
for medium to high bite carpet, i'm told the carbon axle is the way to go. I think Tamiya has discontinued it though. I don't know how or why since i'm pretty sure the new trf102 uses the same axle.
IF you can't find a carbon axle, the 3racing fiberglass axle is almost as light but stronger and like $5
Old 01-27-2016, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
hey guys,

the video was posted from the third main of the tuning haus series at tq. its a 15 minute main but at least you can see how the car performs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EKUh7ZcJF8

Aaron
Hello Aaron,

Your car works very well and your a very smooth driver.
Have you tried the short wheel base option on the car?
I haven't tried it and was wondering if you had.

Thanks.
Regards
BM
Old 01-27-2016, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk View Post
IF you can't find a carbon axle, the 3racing fiberglass axle is almost as light but stronger and like $5
thanks for tip on the 3racing axle. i'll look into that. I've bought some carbon rod and made my own in the meantime. currently testing to make sure they are going to work. so far they seem fine.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else had ever tried this. I am running the F1R2 chassis on tight high grip carpet.

- We run 21.5
- Adjustable front Arms
- 8 Deg Castor
- 2 Camber
- .5 toe out
- Gold front springs
- Short W/B
- Tamiya Center shock - Blue spring
- AE single side shock instead of dampers
- NO sidesprings
- Battery forward
- Pit soft tires front and back CA on outside edge of front tires.

That's the basics of the car. yes it has no side springs at all, the AE damper just slows the rolling from main chassis to the motor pod. I can drive this like a touring car. Drive in deep, set the brakes to almost lock, turn in hard and I never roll over. Fast corners, the car rotates in, grips up, and lifts the inside front wheel. The outside front then rolls to the CA and doesn't grip flip. While it looks really cool doing it, Im amazed the speed I can carry without flipping. The car cuts like a knife on change of direction too.

Just wondering if anyone had tried this. I have had the car set up conventionally, best I had it was with the AE blue side springs. But this no side spring setup is a lot quicker, a lot easier to drive. Our carpet is 80'x3 rolls of ozite med-high grip.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Hello Aaron,

Your car works very well and your a very smooth driver.
Have you tried the short wheel base option on the car?
I haven't tried it and was wondering if you had.

Thanks.
Regards
BM
Hi!

Yes I have run it in the past for very narrow and tight carpet tracks.. at higher speeds I feel that the longer wheelbase is more stable when getting out of the sweeping corners. It is a really easy change to try though! I would try it and if you don't think its better its only 6 screws to change it back

Aaron

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.