Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Old 04-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Tamiya red spring is still too hard for low grip.

Most everyone is using the FLO red spring;

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1456

I have been known to use shortened AE B4 green springs for low grip tracks. I highly recommend them!

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/team-as...c91327/p239787
Are they these?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yep, that's what i ordered. They're closer to 14mm. I'll get a pic tonight if you want. Definitely not as small as the one in the your picture.

I might try the flo red spring first.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
Yep, that's what i ordered. They're closer to 14mm. I'll get a pic tonight if you want. Definitely not as small as the one in the your picture.

I might try the flo red spring first.
Oh ok sorry. They are listed as 12mm (like Tamiya) so the product description must be wrong

Maybe we are after these then; 3.5lb green spring

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Associated-6...item5b0f8a011c
Old 04-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Oh ok sorry. They are listed as 12mm (like Tamiya) so the product description must be wrong

Maybe we are after these then; 3.5lb green spring

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Associated-6...item5b0f8a011c
yep it is the small bore old springs from the b4-b4.1. not the big bore spring
Old 04-14-2015, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

All good Mike. I'll try those.

Could you or anyone else tell me why with more than 1.5mm front droop the car becomes very oversteery getting on the power out of corners? Under that and it has a fair amount of understeer.
It seems the opposite of what you'd expect in a tc
Old 04-14-2015, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
All good Mike. I'll try those.

Could you or anyone else tell me why with more than 1.5mm front droop the car becomes very oversteery getting on the power out of corners? Under that and it has a fair amount of understeer.
It seems the opposite of what you'd expect in a tc
To me, more front droop will allow the car to roll over more, due to more weight transfer onto the front tires, results in more front end grip and overpowering the rear end. I have noticed that my car is very sensitive to things like weight bias and front axle height.

Possibly with with a stiffer front shock setup and standing the shock up will allow you to run more droop and take side to side roll out of the car.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Wheelz check your inbox.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wheelz and MikeR,
Any further news on the different front tubes and springs Wheelz showed pics of on his car?
Old 04-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
Wheelz and MikeR,
Any further news on the different front tubes and springs Wheelz showed pics of on his car?
Hi Scott,

That is an Aaron piece before the Exotek machined dampers were made.

I only run these;
http://www.exotekracing.com/f1r2-ifs...damper-rods-2/

I like the IFS external spring style- makes for easy identification, larger springs offer more travel and linear consistency and they don't get coated with damper lube when you switch springs out
Old 04-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

dupli
Old 04-20-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

It looks like an F1R2 w/ IFS was sitting high in the a-main at Mile High Champs

I wonder whose care was that?

Old 04-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

It looks like an F1R2 w/ IFS was sitting high in the a-main at Mile High Champs

I wonder whose care was that?

Hi Mike,

I am proud to say that was me!

I was actually TQ through the first 2 rounds rounds of qualifying, before I started having trouble with my diff (basically the only non-exotek part on the car )

My time held up to be good enough for 3rd on the grid in the A-main, had I not had the trouble with the diff, I feel I could have had a good a shot as any at TQ.

I had a good start and took advantage of a bump between the top 2 cars to take over 2nd, but unfortunately I developed a push (due to a tight diff and under saucing to avoid traction rolling (grip was crazy high). A few mistakes and getting caught up in a wreck later, and I was down to 6th or 7th before making my way back up to 5th. I am happy and disappointed at the same time because I feel the chance for victory was there had I made a few different decisions.

Next is the Mile High Outdoor Championships later this summer, and IIC in October (if Scotty finds a place). I am currently building a new F1R2 for indoor/Vegas as the car pictured will be my outdoor car this summer.

Thanks for the recognition and posting the picture Mike! I am a Mclaren fan so you will notice the unsponsored Honda livery (the only other stickers I put on it were the white Exotek ones below the driver and on the front wing.

It's a great car Mike. Thanks for doing what you do!
Old 04-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats, Nick. The field looked pretty stacked.
Any interest in sharing your setup?

Scott
Old 04-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IlikeF1 View Post
Hi Mike,

I am proud to say that was me!

I was actually TQ through the first 2 rounds rounds of qualifying, before I started having trouble with my diff (basically the only non-exotek part on the car )

My time held up to be good enough for 3rd on the grid in the A-main, had I not had the trouble with the diff, I feel I could have had a good a shot as any at TQ.

I had a good start and took advantage of a bump between the top 2 cars to take over 2nd, but unfortunately I developed a push (due to a tight diff and under saucing to avoid traction rolling (grip was crazy high). A few mistakes and getting caught up in a wreck later, and I was down to 6th or 7th before making my way back up to 5th. I am happy and disappointed at the same time because I feel the chance for victory was there had I made a few different decisions.

Next is the Mile High Outdoor Championships later this summer, and IIC in October (if Scotty finds a place). I am currently building a new F1R2 for indoor/Vegas as the car pictured will be my outdoor car this summer.

Thanks for the recognition and posting the picture Mike! I am a Mclaren fan so you will notice the unsponsored Honda livery (the only other stickers I put on it were the white Exotek ones below the driver and on the front wing.

It's a great car Mike. Thanks for doing what you do!

Congrats Nick!
I can understand your disappointment with having the big race in your grasp but at the same time that was a pretty talented pool you were swimming in. Always feels good when you know you have the speed for the next big race though!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

I got to see Nicks car in person and I must say it's a very good looking (and performing ) car.
MikeR is there any plans to do a full kit So I don't have to piece one together ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.