R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #91
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Last notch of timing and probably a 46 pinion to start with depending on track size.

EA
Thanks, that's about where I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
You should include track size. Brand of car would also help if you are looking for someone to tell you which pinion to use with your 96 spur, instead of just the FDR. They have different internal ratios.

4.0 FDR is a reasonable starting point for a medium sized track. Lower for larger tracks.

Can timing...Crank it up, but check temps often, use a fan and make sure your drivetrain is as free as it can be.
the car is a TC6, track is about 100 x 40, so medium size and it's medium traction. I have a fan as well, and I just purchased some ceramic bearings so they will be going in as soon as I get them. I'm running a front ball diff (set tight) and a rear ball diff set loose. Tried a spool, but really didn't like the corner entry with it so went back to the ball diff.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
Thanks, that's about where I was thinking.

the car is a TC6, track is about 100 x 40, so medium size and it's medium traction. I have a fan as well, and I just purchased some ceramic bearings so they will be going in as soon as I get them. I'm running a front ball diff (set tight) and a rear ball diff set loose. Tried a spool, but really didn't like the corner entry with it so went back to the ball diff.
I like running a 47/96 (4.08), last timing notch. Our track is around the same dimensions. Good bearings, good fan, and some light braking action puts me at 155*ish after a 6-minute run. This is the best setup for both TC6 and Serpent here (same internal).

When we run really tight layouts, I'll drop to a 46 and go heavy on the brakes (driving style)... temps still come off around 155.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #93
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
I like running a 47/96 (4.08), last timing notch. Our track is around the same dimensions. Good bearings, good fan, and some light braking action puts me at 155*ish after a 6-minute run. This is the best setup for both TC6 and Serpent here (same internal).

When we run really tight layouts, I'll drop to a 46 and go heavy on the brakes (driving style)... temps still come off around 155.

thanks, I don't typically use much if any breaking at all
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote