R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

seems to me, a simple spacer between the the servo and the servo mounts would cure the "oh my god the turnbuckle will be at a angle" crowd. also there are these little things call ball studs that come in different lengths..

I'm not sure about all the above, but I'm not gonna yell the sky is falling until all the seagulls pass by...
Old 11-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdog View Post
I hope he does. I looked at the TM website and they don't have anything listed for dist in us?
can't stock parts if there not released yet. not sure i will be getting back into sedans, but I like this car, and the new top car, choices, choices, I like having them.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I finally found a use for my retired E4, drifting.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Don't be surprised if the US distributor DOESN'T carry this car. Goes back to what some of you have said. The E4 never sold well here. Don't know if G4 sales are brisk enough to make up the difference. If TM doesn't mount any effort to promote the car then it'll just be another tc chassis with little support and few sales that only a few people know about. Sad but true.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #50
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckStang View Post
The piece that holds the ball stud on the 417 is above the steering post arm, on the magic is below. It looks like it would hit on the magic to me....as i said, maybe it's just the picture.
Yea that's exactly what I'm seeing. I'm sure it'll be possible to link up, but it looks like it'll be a pain to deal with...
Old 11-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Don't be surprised if the US distributor DOESN'T carry this car. Goes back to what some of you have said. The E4 never sold well here. Don't know if G4 sales are brisk enough to make up the difference. If TM doesn't mount any effort to promote the car then it'll just be another tc chassis with little support and few sales that only a few people know about. Sad but true.
OH you mean like the Schumacher I just sold....
Old 11-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #52
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
OH you mean like the Schumacher I just sold....
Sadly NO..unlike Schumacher who has a direct order system and a pretty darned good shipping department...TM has no such thing. Plus, Schumacher dealers here in the US keep an excellent parts supply. Know any stocking TM dealers in the US ??
Man...I sound like a TM hater. Sorry guys. I really loved my E4's. Wolf always did right by me and the car was excellent for the classes I raced in. No more bad statements from me. Hope the car does well and TM remains well represented.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #53
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I really don't get all the love for a long central battery.. Yes, it might look good on the table with everything balanced left to right, but fore and aft the weight is in the wrong place and simply makes the car difficult to turn.
Just think of a log heavy bar, hold it in the middle and try and turn it, difficult to get going and stop. Now take a short, wider one, but the same weight, and you'll find it much easier to rotate.
Its all to do with moments of inertia. And it's on track that the performance counts. You can be innovative all you want, but if it doesn't perform (and hence sell) there is no point...

Having said that... Truely centralised weight is a different story...

(end digression off topic)
I think you have that backwards. If the battery is in the middle it has less moment of inertia than it would if it sits outside the center of the chassis. This is because the mass is more centralized. If you put more mass outside the center, you increase the moment of inertia. That was the goal of the E4's original design which put motor and battery in the center. My E4 has a lot of steering, in fact, a little too much. If you want to argue as to which design has more or less moment of inertia, you and I both have to bring out our HP calculators and figure that out. Don't forget to show your work in your answer.

As for this new design from Team Magic.... why do I want to buy a Chinese made XRay clone with lousy parts support and expensive spare parts of questionable durability? (My experience with Team Magic so far)

I'm more than happy enough with the XRay I have for now. If I want to see innovation in TC design, I'll just wait another year or so and see what new designs come out that will take advantage of the new "shorty" lipo batteries.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Quote:
Quote:
Sadly NO..unlike Schumacher who has a direct order system and a pretty darned good shipping department...TM has no such thing. Plus, Schumacher dealers here in the US keep an excellent parts supply. Know any stocking TM dealers in the US ??
Man...I sound like a TM hater. Sorry guys. I really loved my E4's. Wolf always did right by me and the car was excellent for the classes I raced in. No more bad statements from me. Hope the car does well and TM remains well represented.
your first post, didn't have as narrow a scope as your second responce post.
Schumacher makes no effort to promote thier car with little support actually no support at major races,(US) (not talking being able to get parts.) Hell I couldn't even get a responce from them for TQing at carpet nats and puting thier car in the A at Reedy. thats the kind of support I'm talking about. And yes I do know of couple of hobby shops that stocked TM parts along with Wolf
Old 11-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
Yea that's exactly what I'm seeing. I'm sure it'll be possible to link up, but it looks like it'll be a pain to deal with...
It should be fine...the 416 is the same way...

Old 11-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
can't stock parts if there not released yet. not sure i will be getting back into sedans, but I like this car, and the new top car, choices, choices, I like having them.
Just got an email back from TM and they told me that they do not have a US distributor. HMMMMM thats not good oh well I guess Ill be looking at a diff chassis.
Rdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdog View Post
Just got an email back from TM and they told me that they do not have a US distributor. HMMMMM thats not good oh well I guess Ill be looking at a diff chassis.
That's strange. Its suppose to be Wolf Hobbies. I guess they lost the distributorship. Anyways if you look back at Team Magic's history with their G4, their representation has been somewhat flaky.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Maybe nobody noticed but Wolf was NEVER listed as a distributor on TM's site. In fact, there was no US company shown.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is there any true interest in this car ?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #60
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

at wolf you can pre-order it. 400USD. If it also cost so much in the EU I will try it.