Community
Wiki Posts
Search

driving line

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default driving line

Ok, quick question about a race that I had today. Hopefully someone could set the situation straight.

I am in second place going to pass for the lead....First place messed up and had a really bad lap. When I go into first place the other guy is bouncing off a wall into me. It doesnt do much but slow me down a bit. Immidiatly after this he takes the outside line and I take the inside. (Long sweeping turn) My car is about 2 inches behind his front wheels. The then decides to start to cut me off forcing me into a slightly misplaced flapper ripping my cvd out of the out drive.

The question is...... Was it my fault for not slamming on the breaks or was it his for pushing me towards the flapper and cutting off my line.

Side note...I had to let off many times through the first 8 laps as to not "hack" him.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

I don't think it was anybodies fault, you two were just racing so close together that something was bound to happen eventually. If I were you, if I thought he was getting too close to me I would have got on the outside of him or just follow his line & try to set up a pass.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i agree, it was a hard battle, sounds like it needed alot of strategy to it. Anyway, next time just turn toward him instead of the pipe, the saying 8 tires works better then 4 is always the best way to get through the corner.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

It's part of racing.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

It is part of racing, but some people just race cleaner than others. Its another part of it. Knowing the competition. Things arent alwayse right but #*it happens. And what comes around goes around. Last week I passed a guy coming into a right handed sweeper. The guy went wide and shot long so he could hack me off on the next corner. He took us both out but we got going right away. After that the guy was overshooting the corners aiming for my door trying to take me out on purpose. After a few corners of missing me he popped a ballcup off and had to fix his car. He put it back on the track and waited for me to come around again and tried again. By this time I had caught the leader from last place and the guy cost me the race. Not only didnt he say anything the track owner never said a word. So now I know and will treat thay guy appropriately next time.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

I know it is part of racing but who was really right?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

i was always told and where we race that if someone is faster let them pass... your racing your own race in qualifiers.

where i race when ever u cross the line thats when u start, it goes by the number of laps not how many people you pass.

so in theory if u were gaining on him and had the chance to pass he should of let you. its only fair to do so, y screw up someone elses race

i know not everyone does this of enforces this but its just common curtiousy
Old 12-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mtc3od
I know it is part of racing but who was really right?
Well, lets just say, in your case, both of you are right in your own way. And wrong in the other way.
Racing incidents is and will be part and parcel of racing.
Its just a fact that even though hard to swallow, must be accepted by everyone.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by iamjeff6
i was always told and where we race that if someone is faster let them pass... your racing your own race in qualifiers.

where i race when ever u cross the line thats when u start, it goes by the number of laps not how many people you pass.

so in theory if u were gaining on him and had the chance to pass he should of let you. its only fair to do so, y screw up someone elses race

i know not everyone does this of enforces this but its just common curtiousy
For qualifying, yes i do agree with you.
But when it comes down to final, holding your position is a right.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

The funny thing is that before the race he said he knew I was faster. In a previous qualifier he said he was going to let me pass because of this.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AdR|aN
For qualifying, yes i do agree with you.
But when it comes down to final, holding your position is a right.
Even when you are pretty much making me decide between hacking you or hoping I dont break???
Old 12-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Even when you are pretty much making me decide between hacking you or hoping I dont break???
Hahahaha.
I would prefer to have both cars come out of a race in one piece instead of many pieces.
Well, take it easy man.
You could always get back at him at the next race.
So chill out.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IF it comes down to the fact you are faster, and he wont get out of your way, and he knows it, hack the sob, half the time the race director wont see it , and if he knows you are quicker he will let it slide. Last time i hacked someone, we were going into a right handed sweeper, he slowed down too much and i rear ended him, we both ended up upside down, and he never got in my way since lol.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

The funny thing is that before the race he said he knew I was faster. In a previous qualifier he said he was going to let me pass because of this.
Talking before a race and actually doing it during the race is different.
I had the same experience before.
Telling my team mates that we should co operate.
But when i was behind him for a lap or two, guess the monster in me gotten the better of me.
Bang my friend. And cost him a podium position.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

In qualifying the slower cars should let the faster cars have the line. In a race you should be holding your line and making them pass you as long as its for position. If you were on the inside and he hacked you into a pipe it would be his fault. If two cars are side by side you each have to give the other room. The guy on the outside should stay there and the same for the inside guy. Just remember not everyone has the skill to do this and you need to know who you can and who you cannot race that close.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.