What scares you most about racing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What scares you most about racing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

That because I am old and getting older, I won't get any better than I am now. That scares the sh*t out of me.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

my fear....

preparing for days for a race and then breaking your car at tghe very first heat. tried that before and it sucks. racing pumps my adrenaline evn if a lot of guys are passing me.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I recently got into nitro 10th scale off-road and the 30 minute mains we're running scare the cr@p out of me.....I've got soo many things on my mind....-I run 10 minute pit stops. Thats a long time to run without re-fil in off-road. So, I only have 2 stops the whole race. So, when I'm running 3rd at the 25 minute mark, I've get to worrying about....

-did my guy fill the tank?
-how far behind is 4th?
-Where is 4th on the track?
-"don't break you moron, there's 5 minutes left!"
-I have to go to the bathroom
-my arms are tired

The last 5 mintues of a long race, I don't care who you are, if you're gonna get sloppy in a race, thats where its gonna be. Luckily for me though, In all the 30 minute mains I've raced in, I've finished all of them.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What scares you most about racing?

Originally posted by Mabuchi540

Ah but are they not allowed to jockey to unlap themselves also.

As for plain wrong can't agree with that, must be different in other countries then. Here if they are good enough to lap you then they are good enough to pass without the one being past having to give up their racing line.

In heats for sure but in finals time is unimportant and only placings really matter after all.
I would just like to say that next time you come to a meeting, please move out of the way while being lapped, its called manners, and most people do it now in New Zealand. The worst thing for me is when someone is getting right up behind me racing for position while I'm trying to lap a car. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened. All it takes is for the person being lapped to run slightly wide at the next corner or to move off the line on the straight briefly and let them run past, and if you do it right you won't lose much time at all
Old 12-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Talking Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What scares you most about racing?

Originally posted by Trevor
[B]I would just like to say that next time you come to a meeting, please move out of the way while being lapped
Gotta catch up to me first!
Old 12-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hey, I didn't say I was the one doing the lapping, but seriously, its not looked kindly upon by other racers here to make it difficult for someone who's lapping you. Best you come to a meeting sometime to see whats going on. Ultimate would be good.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Default Actually was thinking....

Originally posted by Trevor
Hey, I didn't say I was the one doing the lapping, but seriously, its not looked kindly upon by other racers here to make it difficult for someone who's lapping you. Best you come to a meeting sometime to see whats going on. Ultimate would be good.

of going to have a look see and take some photos of that in the Holidays.

I never said making it difficult I just ment once I've committed to and entered a turn they can wait till a straight bit that's long enough I'm not actually going to slow down, sure move aside but not slow up.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Claydoh
That because I am old and getting older, I won't get any better than I am now. That scares the sh*t out of me.
Sounds like the old "The older I get, the faster I WAS" philosophy...I agree.

Actually, I fear that foam tire racing is hurting racing and reducing the numbers of people competing. I thought we had learned our lessons when sedan racing first began and we left foams and went to rubber tires. Hell, many track have gone to a spec CS-27 tire because some complained that open tires/inserts were hurting turnouts. I just see on-road racing in a serious state of flux right now...How else does one explain the sudden and unexplained resurgence of 1/12th scale racing? And not just of those who may travel to Snowbirds or Cleveland, but the average racers are buying up 1/12th scales like crazy... Maybe people have gotten to the point of if they are going to drive a slot car (sedan on foams), might as well drive a real slot car for 8-minutes.... Just my rant for the morning...
Old 12-05-2004, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think it is partially the race-directors job to keep lapped traffic problems to a minimum. I can't tell you how many time I come up on a lapper and they don't know I'm the pace setter, so they're racing me for position.....In a Qual round! I usually chime in with a "I'M THE LEADER" but I wish the director would catch those more often.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default What scares you most about racing?

Ending up in the B, C, or D Main
Old 12-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am scared that When All is said and Done And all the $$$ spent that I will always be just a sportsman skilled driver. BUT HEY THIS IS A HOBBY-which by its own defintion is a leisure activity for ENJOYMENT. SO I guess I don;t get to complain. I am just so stinking over diversified. Look at my signature. I have too many and too little time to run them all . I would be scared if I had to get rid of them. I am selling a couple of them though. Well just the MiniZ's. well only two of the three. I love this stinky HOBBY.
LOL @ SELF
Stephen <><
Old 12-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Getting beaten by a guy who is not even 10 years old (or should i say little boy).
Or worst. Get beaten by a girl.
LoL
Old 12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

im most scared about breaking my car during practice or the first heat. also my batteried dumping before a race or forgetting to refuel my v-one-rr and stopping in the middle of the straight.....which can lead to worse things
Old 12-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

My Greatest fear is losing, getting taken out by a bad driver who I'm trying to lap when I'm in the lead and, and afraid of not getting that trophy.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Doing all that work to get into a good main like B and being 0.5 of a second of the A main for the first time (that's kinda good for me out of 60-70 people) and having someone take you out on the first corner or realise when you've started you've got a sticky brush

Chazz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.