Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIPO,,ESC,,MOTOR..WHATS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

70c batteries wont make a difference. what you want is 5000+ mah batteries so your voltage doesn't drop off too much during your run. if you look at discharge curves, you want to keep the highest voltage over the 6 minutes, which you can get more easily with bigger capacity cells.

i've been told 28c is all you really need for spec racing but i did see a pretty big difference in the punch going from 20-40 c batteries. might just be the new batteries too. who knows. they also seemed to hold that punch much longer in the race.
I wouldn't expect the same going from 40-50 or even 60 c though as your just not drawing the amps to make the $110 worth it.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

motor is very important. Know matter if it is blinky I think esc plays a part but if you go middle of row I think you should be safe. I still can not tell about batter. I ran some new batteries over my 2 yr old Reedy 5000. The newer SMC batteries felt punchy but my lap times did not say they were faster. maybe 1 or two laps I ran .02 sec faster but not over a 6 min. heat. I am pretty consistant in my lap times I will add.

Most important.
1: setup
2: tires
3: motor
4: esc
5 battery
Old 11-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mugen10
motor is very important. Know matter if it is blinky I think esc plays a part but if you go middle of row I think you should be safe. I still can not tell about batter. I ran some new batteries over my 2 yr old Reedy 5000. The newer SMC batteries felt punchy but my lap times did not say they were faster. maybe 1 or two laps I ran .02 sec faster but not over a 6 min. heat. I am pretty consistant in my lap times I will add.

Most important.
1: setup
2: tires
3: motor
4: esc
5 battery
thanks!!..the only reason i say a better lipo is because when i used a friends pack..my car was faster/more punch...the car didnt feel like it was draging...but i should of check my lap times
Old 11-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

If you want to try a new lipo try the 28c 6000 mah revtech pack. Awesome bang for your buck.
http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=3856
Old 11-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by starrx
to get more speed i need tires??
tyres are what make contact with the ground so yes they are very important in order to achieve better speed.

Thats why you'll see a big deal made about them in 1:1 motor racing, and also why in the majority of race tyres at events are controlled so that it is fair for all teams.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some cars seem faster because their tires (and traction compound) give a lot of exit acceleration. Yes for tires.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Someone explain it like this and I think it is in pretty good

1/3 Driver, 1/3 Tire, 1/3 Setup (tweak, motor, esc, battery etc)
Old 11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

i went out & practice tonight...i switch motors from a novak ss to a duo 3 & i drop 3tens...i was doing 8.1-8-2 with the ss..the duo3 i was doing 8.0-7.9...our fastest guy was doing 7.7 so not to bad
Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I will say from personal testing gens ace packs are good but not the best. I have 1 50c gen ace and 1 65c thunder power and you can feel the difference in the 2 and also can see a avg. Lapt time change.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

if you wanted more speed what would you buy 1st..a bigger lipo....a better motor or a high end esc
A better driver is the most important factor!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ditto, driver is the most important
Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Faster as in all out faster speed or faster lap times. The two don't always relate, as alot has to do with your driving abilities.

We need to know what your issues are that you aren't as fast as you want to be. Are you a-main material, rarely need marshalls and makes perfect lines? or are you coming up in the ranks and still working on your driving skills?

The factors above will point out if you need better driving skills, a better setup or just more speed.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by artwork
A better driver is the most important factor!
i understand the skills to drive..i am a very good driver thats not the point...i do very good when i race
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssnos
Faster as in all out faster speed or faster lap times. The two don't always relate, as alot has to do with your driving abilities.

We need to know what your issues are that you aren't as fast as you want to be. Are you a-main material, rarely need marshalls and makes perfect lines? or are you coming up in the ranks and still working on your driving skills?

The factors above will point out if you need better driving skills, a better setup or just more speed.
im talking flat out speed...im a good driver...setup i may need help with..i mostly run the boxstock setup of kits..with a change of oil & springs
Old 11-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

im talking flat out speed...im a good driver...setup i may need help with..i mostly run the boxstock setup of kits..with a change of oil & springs

Without seeing you drive I would suggest the following.

If you're being passed on the infield/corners, then I say work on your setup. You'll be amazed at how much faster you can drive with a really good setup.

When you get to the point where you're losing on the straights and passing people on the infield then go with a faster motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.