Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2004, 08:15 AM   #91
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default YOur right!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Worth
Everyone seems to have forgotten about the big delay when the TC3 came out. Remember the diff/pinion gear problems that ran on for a long time. I believe it was a machining issue. Then there was the problem with half of the rear hubs not having the same toe as others. Then everyone complained about the batteries being too far to the left. Then "It's a peice of crap because the hinge pins bend too easy." We all forget about the problems when a new car comes out as soon as it is proven on the track. I'm sure the TC4's problems will go away when it gets some time under its belt.
Yes-this is the truest post on this thread. The Tc3 is in my words the fastest hunk a junk on the planet. If it wasnt fast-it would be unforgiven for all its shortcomings in tolerances and materials.

As soon as the TC4 is proven fast in local as well as international competition-sloppy hingepins, 15 or more varying thickness brass shims all over the car, aftermarket and Losi parts installed to make it work will all be forgiven-just like the Tc3.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:20 AM   #92
Tech Regular

Default tc4

One thing about the "team" version that I noticed over my FT TC-3 is It took some major hits from the boards and kept on without taking a tweak,(of course it had to since nobody has any spare parts anyway.) I think this car transitions much better than the old one. In the slalom sections the tc-4 is much faster than the tc-3.
sedanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:23 AM   #93
Tech Regular

Default tc-4

by the way, I use Losi steering knuckles
Old 12-06-2004, 11:10 AM   #94
Tech Regular

Default tc-4

I looked at this entire thread and i was curious about the chassis rigidity so iwent home at lunch and twisted the car a little. s**t it twists like a pro 2 (at least without batts in it.) on the track i could not feel much inconsistancy, but maybe i ain't good enough to tell the difference!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:14 PM   #95
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The graphite conversion is already out for the tc4 isnt it. I have seen these cars run and its really not bad. I think they are ballistic. To many any car can be made fast and complaining about it constantly isnt going to get your car any faster. Get it on the track and get it tuned up and just race! I hope to have the new car soon!
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 06:44 AM   #96
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hi guys i was hoping if some one could help me with a problem i have ..... i janve spent time with the tc4 and i am now very excited and happy with it but i have a prob when you hit the acelerator the car pulls right can any one help me out with any ideas pls
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #97
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mattwoodcraft
hi guys i was hoping if some one could help me with a problem i have ..... i janve spent time with the tc4 and i am now very excited and happy with it but i have a prob when you hit the acelerator the car pulls right can any one help me out with any ideas pls
It could be tweak, try the old trick of lifting the chassis in the middle, under the diff, with knifeedge and see if the wheels on both sides lift at the same time.
One time I got this problem I traced it to faulty receiver.
Try plugging 2 servos into the receiver and see if the "steering" servo moves when you give full throttle and the "throttle" servo moves when you steer. It helps to have the servo horns on the servos. You'll be amazed how much "bleeding" can be between channels in older radio systems, even the expensive ones.

The TC4. In My Opinion.
The chassis is better than in TC3.
All the suspension components are same or worse.
Drivetrain is basically the same.
I'm amazed by how little has really changed.
I have lot of slop for a new car, some of it minimized by careful applications of CA but still too much.
The manual could be clarified and there are outright errors.
My car has the thick diff gears, still waiting for the replacements.
One of the balls (for the ballcups) had smooth hole on top, not hex.
Since Associated is supposed to be "overengineering" company I'm not happy with their quality control or should I say component quality checks.

Afterword.
Someone should tell the Associated engineers that the shape, or form of a part, is even more important for strength, than thickness and material used.
Some basic engineering. Even sided triangle is the strongest shape there is, I'm talking about supsension arms. Look at the difference (in suspension arms design) between Associated, Losi, Pro4 and Xray. Associated gets F in my book.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:44 PM   #98
Tech Elite

thanks for that i will check it out i think the steering has far too much slope in it and so do the arms but i love associated so i will continue on with it..... i igree with what you say as well about the instructions and stuff ....

are there any factory drivers who visit this forum if so maybe you guys could help us out a little so we can kick ass in our local tracks ../

just a thought
Old 01-04-2005, 07:08 AM   #99
Tech Elite

i checked my chassi tweak and you are rite the r/h/f wheel comes of te ground before the l/h/s does cheers for that .... if the ride height is correct and droop and that stuff does it mean the chassi is twisted ?

the servo is all ok under full throttle
Old 01-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Not necessarily...your shocks could be different lengths...or any number of things.

First thing to do is pull the shocks off and make sure they are built correctly. All having the same rebound and length.

Next...with the shocks back on the car, back off the droop screws.

Now, set the ride height. The shock collars should be about the same side to side.

Check camber and re-adjust if necessary...re-check ride height.

Set the droop. There are any number of ways but my favorite is to put the car on a stand and adjust the droop till the springs are just touching the shock collar and retainer spring. See CompetionX.com for other methods.

Now put the car on the tweak board. It should be dead-nuts on or really close. If it's off, Check everything...that the arms are free, no bent hinge pins...etc.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: YOur right!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Yes-this is the truest post on this thread. The Tc3 is in my words the fastest hunk a junk on the planet. If it wasnt fast-it would be unforgiven for all its shortcomings in tolerances and materials.

As soon as the TC4 is proven fast in local as well as international competition-sloppy hingepins, 15 or more varying thickness brass shims all over the car, aftermarket and Losi parts installed to make it work will all be forgiven-just like the Tc3.
I just now saw this, LMAO!! This is very true!!
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 06:14 AM   #102
Tech Elite

Thumbs up dr_hfuhuhurr

thanks for that i done as you said and my shocks were all different lengths it is all ready nw test out ... fingers crossed it is all ok .....

what do you think of the kit set up is it a good starting point is there a better one the track i race on is ashfault good straight fast l/h turn and technicall sections i race 19 turn with rubbers
Old 01-05-2005, 06:33 AM   #103
Tech Elite

call mu dum

but im haveing trouble understanding the shim adjustments you can do with the tc4 for the front and rear suspnsoin can someone pls help me understand it pls
Old 01-05-2005, 07:07 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I'm a foam/carpet guy so I can't help you with setup there.

As for the shim adjustments under the hinge pin blocks they adjust Pro-Squat/kick-up/anti-dive/anti-squat and roll center.

Lots of stuff. Read up at www.competitionx.com for descriptions of what all that stuff does.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:24 AM   #105
Tech Elite

thanks for that you have been a greta help