Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad > Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad

Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad

Reply

Old 03-29-2014, 10:13 PM
  #346  
Tech Adept
 
JayRC66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Elmhurst, NY
Posts: 233
Default

I got the Ofna DM1 Spec nitro race roller (80% built). I want to convert it to electric. What is the most proficient way to convert it. Will the OFNA 1/8 GTP & Late Model Dirt Oval Electric Conversion Kit work on it? Thanks the help
JayRC66 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:51 AM
  #347  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,687
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayRC66 View Post
I got the Ofna DM1 Spec nitro race roller (80% built). I want to convert it to electric. What is the most proficient way to convert it. Will the OFNA 1/8 GTP & Late Model Dirt Oval Electric Conversion Kit work on it? Thanks the help
The GTP and Late Model are a totally different design. To do it well, you need the chassis and servo/esc/motor platic mount and the the electric motor mount. All the diff's, suspension and center drive are the same. You might also want to get the center single speed shaft and gear.
Grenade10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:13 PM
  #348  
Tech Adept
 
JayRC66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Elmhurst, NY
Posts: 233
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
The GTP and Late Model are a totally different design. To do it well, you need the chassis and servo/esc/motor platic mount and the the electric motor mount. All the diff's, suspension and center drive are the same. You might also want to get the center single speed shaft and gear.
Thanks I will try it out.
JayRC66 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:18 AM
  #349  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
SNR Graphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 586
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayRC66 View Post
I got the Ofna DM1 Spec nitro race roller (80% built). I want to convert it to electric. What is the most proficient way to convert it. Will the OFNA 1/8 GTP & Late Model Dirt Oval Electric Conversion Kit work on it? Thanks the help


If you going that route you might as well buy my graphite chassis to convert it. It lighter and has a bigger slot for the motor mount for higher
gearing speed run.
SNR Graphite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:36 AM
  #350  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,687
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post
If you going that route you might as well buy my graphite chassis to convert it. It lighter and has a bigger slot for the motor mount for higher
gearing speed run.
+1 on that conversion.
Grenade10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:34 AM
  #351  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,687
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Ferrari Body

This will NOT fit either the DM-1 or GTP but if you have a long wheel base Kyosho or Team-C, OFNA V2 car it is a perfect fit.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13168089
Grenade10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:09 AM
  #352  
Tech Adept
 
koval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: greece
Posts: 180
Default Ofna dm-1 110mph+ castle 1717 motor mount

Hello from greece,
i have seen many people during the past years converting dm-1's for high speed passes ,problem as everybody knows is that we cant gear up our dm-1's with the stock motor mount .
This is a motor mount that i made especially for the castle 1717 bl motor and huge pinion gears up to 40t.







I also made another motor mount for 1/8 type motors like leopard 40 series or castle 1515



In the next days there ll be ready a battery tray for 8s lipo and hv esc's like castle xl2 .
This motor mount can be placed so as the motor is faced to the front or in the rear side of the car without any modifications .





Any suggestions for the battery trays will be helpfull cause i ve made some prototypes but the final product is not ready yet ,think that a double side battery trays backwards and the motor attached to the front will be identical especially for the 1/7 dm-1 .

More details of the conversion at http://brushlessmaniac.blogspot.gr/2...brushless.html

Last edited by koval; 04-20-2014 at 01:29 AM.
koval is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:20 PM
  #353  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

What bodies is everyone running on their DM-1 Spec Electrics?


I have a the Ofna X3 and wonder how well it fits the DM-1e

ViperZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:58 PM
  #354  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,687
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
What bodies is everyone running on their DM-1 Spec Electrics?


I have a the Ofna X3 and wonder how well it fits the DM-1e

Should work as I just put a OFNA McLaren on an X3. I have not run the new body yet, as I'm doing some comparison and needed to keep the body the same. I think the new body looks great, but aero dynamic should be also good.
Grenade10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:14 PM
  #355  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I was asking as I don't own a DM-1. I have a TRX Rally GT8 conversion running the Ofna DP8 body (McLaren) and it just fits. I had to use lower shock towers from a XO-1 to allow the DP8 body to sit at the right height.

A fellow forum member is running a similar Rally GT8 setup and is extensively modifying his rear towers to clear the X3 body. He use to run the DP8 body with no issues, but is needing to get even lower to fit the X3.

My thoughts were to maybe pick up a DM-1 for this X3 body, but I would like to know if it fits first. The X3 chassis maybe lower thus fitment of the DP8 would not be an issue, however vice verse could be...
ViperZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:05 PM
  #356  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,687
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
I was asking as I don't own a DM-1. I have a TRX Rally GT8 conversion running the Ofna DP8 body (McLaren) and it just fits. I had to use lower shock towers from a XO-1 to allow the DP8 body to sit at the right height.

A fellow forum member is running a similar Rally GT8 setup and is extensively modifying his rear towers to clear the X3 body. He use to run the DP8 body with no issues, but is needing to get even lower to fit the X3.

My thoughts were to maybe pick up a DM-1 for this X3 body, but I would like to know if it fits first. The X3 chassis maybe lower thus fitment of the DP8 would not be an issue, however vice verse could be...
Today I don't have the total answer today, but rear is similar. I put the DM1 rear body mount on the X3, to help support the DP8 body. X3 is off the shock tower, and wider than the DM1. Front with stand up shocks is only one hole lower with the X3 body. However, the windshield is back farther, and not sure if it will clear the fuel tank. Should know that answer after the Novarossi thus next weekend.

Last edited by Grenade10; 04-20-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Grenade10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:18 PM
  #357  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Okay, that's good to know.. I'm in no real hurry, so can wait for the final answer

Thanks!


Koval, I'm very interested in those motor mounts you are making. I need to do a bit more research regarding what will fit. Thanks!
ViperZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:18 PM
  #358  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

You can run just bout any body that is gt1 size 325-330mm on dm1 , I don't see why the x3 wouldn't work on dm1 seeing as it has lay down shocks , all body's from kyosho inferno nitro gt1 fit dm1 also if u can find any
FLoJo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:43 PM
  #359  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
You can run just bout any body that is gt1 size 325-330mm on dm1 , I don't see why the x3 wouldn't work on dm1 seeing as it has lay down shocks , all body's from kyosho inferno nitro gt1 fit dm1 also if u can find any
Just wanting to be sure is all, It seems the laydown shocks would actually be taller in overall height than a uprights up front (but I'm just speculating), and I was wondering about the back clearance as well as I had indicated.

Thanks!
ViperZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:06 PM
  #360  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 64
Default

just see some website have the newest ofna X3E RTR,including servo,mootr,esc,remote-controller and receiver battery.
any one knows where can i got it ?
POLE is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service