Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peak Performance Jaguar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Peak Performance Jaguar?

Anybody ever run this motor? How is it ? We just decided on having the Jaguar as our spec motor but none of us has ever run them before. Any input/reviews?

Last edited by RaceFan3; 12-01-2004 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had one 17T. I was able to run ~ 10 packs until it started to act all weird. I opened it and armature wires were all burnt and blackened.

Couple other guys from our club ordered these motors too in same order as I and all these motors have had exactly same problems, but others just didn't stop in time using them. I think we have had total 5 of these (2 x 17T, 2 x 15T and one 13T I guess) and all others than mine have burned too, but with smoke coming out at the same time.

I cannot recommend these motors, but maybe we just had ours from a bad batch. Just start with a lot shorter ratio than normally and maybe it will run fine. I remember that this motor didn't have much torque anyways.

Some months ago I tried LRP 17T armature with this motor's can and endbell with CS PowerMax brushes and it worked quite nicely. I used shorter ratio than with my other 17T motors because it seemed to have quite less torque (vs Matrix TI with same brushes for example), but performance on the track was still quite competitive.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

I had a 13T that had the power of a very good 27T spec motor,not too amazing.after about 10 runs it burned,seems to be common.Canīt recommend buying these motors.
cheers
Old 11-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

We ordered 21T's.

Right now Im gearing my 19T at 78/17. We are running on a super short, flat, carpet Tri-Oval.

So the consensus is that the Jag's burn up ?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default oops

sorry...I meant I am currently gearing at 72/17.

I WAS gearing at 78/15.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i had a jaguar 19 turn...

ran it once... then junked it...

piece of crap.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

They are total pieces of crap. I bought a 12D to use in my 2wd buggy. I had it geared properly and it ran fine for 6-8 runs. Then, toward the end of a run it started running really slow and drawing alot of current. Upon inspecting it I found some of the insulation had burnt off the wires and was shorting out. I'll never buy a cheapo motor again.