Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tuning How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 02:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb Tuning How-To's

I managed to get some practice time in this weekend and definitely feel that my driving skills are improving - there's almost as much paint left on my car as there is on the wall!

Talking with some of the other drivers provides all kinds of ideas/opinions on how to best tune a car. I noticed that the Xray T1 has a 28 page manual on how to tune that car, and it can be downloaded from their web site. Is there any reason I couldn't use that as a rough guide on how to best tune my Pro3? I suppose the specifics will be different, but won't the basic concepts apply to any car?

Thanks,
Old 09-17-2001, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Here is a link to HPI website, Pro3 tuning tips section. It is not very detailed, but I hope that it will help.
http://www.hpiracing.com/k-p3-rt.htm
Here is link to a webpage explains what everything does and how it effects your car.
http://gallery.uunet.be/heremanss/
I hope that this stuff helps you. You might also try posting in the Pro3 thread and asking for help.
Old 09-18-2001, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Great info - thanks.
Old 09-18-2001, 05:14 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

The tuning guide from Xray will provide the basic fundamental concept on tuning the car which can be applied to any car! The problem starts occurring when you realise that a particular parameter on the Pro3 is not adjustable!
Old 09-18-2001, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Ah... so it's another way for me to get frustrated with my Pro3.
No prob, I'm learning a lot about tolerance since starting this hobby.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocket
I managed to get some practice time in this weekend and definitely feel that my driving skills are improving - there's almost as much paint left on my car as there is on the wall!

Talking with some of the other drivers provides all kinds of ideas/opinions on how to best tune a car. I noticed that the Xray T1 has a 28 page manual on how to tune that car, and it can be downloaded from their web site. Is there any reason I couldn't use that as a rough guide on how to best tune my Pro3? I suppose the specifics will be different, but won't the basic concepts apply to any car?

Thanks,
holy crap
Old 10-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

very good info. Also you could buy a xxxmain setup manual. It apllies to all types of vehicles
Old 10-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdwaeracer
very good info. Also you could buy a xxxmain setup manual. It apllies to all types of vehicles
If you have a iphone or Android phone, look out for the Setup application by Martin Crisp. Same guy who did the XXX Main book.
You might think it expensive for an app... but then think how much you spend on the rest of the hobby, and it'll put it in perspective (and make you faster in the long run!)

HiH
Ed
Old 10-24-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

10 year old thread
Old 10-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mdwaeracer
+1