Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
i seriously need help understanding...HELP PLZ!!!! >

i seriously need help understanding...HELP PLZ!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i seriously need help understanding...HELP PLZ!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default i seriously need help understanding...HELP PLZ!!!!

so i wanna get into electric onroad racing but im confused about what car to get i really like team associated cars because my tc3 was just for me in the beginning and now its upgraded drives and handles like a dream at 70+mph....my ? is belt driven or shaft driven??? what are the pros and cons and what do yall run.....if someone could explain the whole belt or shaft thing to me i would greatly appreciate it.....thanks
Old 10-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you're looking to buy a new car to competitively race TC, you're going to be looking at 99% belt drive cars. Shaft drive was popular when the TC3 and the TC4 were the cars to beat, but people soon realized that they suffered from "torque steer" and that belt drive cars were generally smoother.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
If you're looking to buy a new car to competitively race TC, you're going to be looking at 99% belt drive cars. Shaft drive was popular when the TC3 and the TC4 were the cars to beat, but people soon realized that they suffered from "torque steer" and that belt drive cars were generally smoother.
srt im kinda new to this hobby but this might be a stupid ? what do u mean by torque steer exactly and couldnt it be fixed by upgrading to a high torque steering servo????
Old 10-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Torque steer is when you give the car full power it wants to steer buy its self.

Just like a real front wheel drive car.

What part of Ala. are you from?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Forget about shaft vs. belt and just buy any top kit with parts available near you. As an Xray fan I will reccomend it to you , but consider parts availability
Old 10-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gsrcivic
so i wanna get into electric onroad racing but im confused about what car to get i really like team associated cars because my tc3 was just for me in the beginning and now its upgraded drives and handles like a dream at 70+mph....my ? is belt driven or shaft driven??? what are the pros and cons and what do yall run.....if someone could explain the whole belt or shaft thing to me i would greatly appreciate it.....thanks
since u r new to on road, which means you will crash and need parts--get the tc6 to startc<----here's the best advice i can give-->use the same the tires the fast guys are using and DONT quit bc you will get your rear end kicked in for about 1-3 years. putting the "correct" book setup (most cant) for the surface on the car correctly is a great way to turn the corner/improve.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poochy
DONT quit bc you will get your rear end kicked in for about 1-3 years. putting the "correct" book setup (most cant) for the surface on the car correctly is a great way to turn the corner/improve.
good lord, I hope it didn't take you that long!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bhambrent
Torque steer is when you give the car full power it wants to steer buy its self.

Just like a real front wheel drive car.

What part of Ala. are you from?
anniston....lol my honda does it drives itself lol