Wiki Posts
Search

Strange GT7 issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Strange GT7 issue

This one has me stumped. Have a GT7 hooked up to a JRRS300 receiver (one that comes w/ the JrXS3). Been running this combo fine for months, today in mid lap, car dies. Take it back home, no lights on the GT7, switch batteries, etc, still no lights. Unplugged the GT7 from the receiver and voila, lights on the GT7, but no "chirping" on the motor when turned on. Anytime I plug it back into the receiver all the lights go out again. Unfortunately I don't have any extra receivers/escs around here to test with. Any guesses on which piece is failing? GT7 or receiver?

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Thanks,

John
Old 11-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Mine just started acting stupid the other night. It shut off a few laps into a race for no reason, then came back on.

Getting ready for the next heat, I turned it on and it shut right off again...anyways...long, painful story short...one of the switch wires broke off the board inside. Fixed it (tied a knot inside for a strain relief) and it's good as "new" (to me...bought it used).

That and the reciever lead would be the prime suspects.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

I had the same trouble one time. It was a bad crystal. Unfortunately I sent in my reciever for repair and waited 2 months getting it back just to find that out.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
you should try cleaning out your reciever . sounds like theres small rocks in it around the pins . causing a short ...
Old 12-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Unless the rocks are made of metal it will not cause a short, it sounds like the ESC is bad.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Most Novak speedo's I've owned have some sort of customer service logic built right in. After so long of working, they will just stop. You send it in for repair (replacement) and many $$ later, it starts working again.

I hear the next generation Novak ESC's will have $ bill changers that after so many runs you'll feed $60 into it and it will work again
Old 12-13-2004, 10:57 AM
The Evicerator

zxracing--

I would check your input harness wires to make sure that they are not shorted together... make sure they are not nicked or cut or anything... If something looks questionable, I would replace that input harness.