Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2 >

SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Old 01-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

D.P.,

Jaco still offers donuts only. At least my sponsor shop can still get me a whole bunch still. He can get dbl pink, pink, purple and grey...our usual compound. As far as I know, Jaco hasn't shown signs of discontinuing donuts only. Also, CRC offers donuts only as well, now I've never used CRC donuts before so couldn't say how good they are. I'm hoping Jaco will just continue keep offering donuts only.

Dom
Old 01-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Wink

thats because crc gets there foams from jaco.....
Old 01-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Thrust Bearings

Well, here it is again ... nearly midnight and I have just about polished off another batch of thrust bearings. I will be filling b/o's first thing in the morning and then the rest are up for grabs! If you find your diff stiff and crunchie.....

[email protected]

and $30 later you will probably not even have to look at your diff for the rest of this season!

Alberto: damn nice photos. I was distracted there for a moment and forgot what I was doing here.

I also have been testing a Parma Xytech, I think that was the name, for a 12th scale body. I made a rookie mistake and did not lower the front end properly at first and it pushed like a lawn mower. Once I mounted it correctly, it had a lot more steering and "plant" in general. It was a bitch to get the rest of the car under it, but it did seem to handle well once it was done. I will "A-B" a Speed 12 against a Xytech in the future to see if I notice and pros and cons. Anyone else matched these two up yet?

Brian

I tossed in a couple of pics if you have not seen this one yet.
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-p1010003.jpg  
Old 01-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default side view

Oh my god... is that road rash?
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-p1010005.jpg  
Old 01-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default front end

Look, the body is almost under the car! I need to find out who I hit.... they obviously were not faster enough.
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-p1010009.jpg  
Old 01-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Brian,

Man, that body is slammed!

Hey, I need to get hookup for those Slapmaster MS2.2 stickers!
Dom
Old 01-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

i aim to please!!!

Hey brian that diff kit is AWESOME!!!! it has been in the car for 2 weeks now and there arent enough good thing to say about it !!! Super fricking SMOOTH!! You Da Man!!! Big Big thanks Alberto....
Old 01-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default diff kits

Yea, I am impressed too. Mine is in my car now since Oct '03 I and can't seem to wear it out. I think that it is as smooth as the day I installed it. So enjoy! I have about a half dozen orders going out the door today. You guys are keeping me busy.

Dom: stickers are in the works. I am hoping to have some in the next couple of weeks. It will be a full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet just chuck full, black and white at first. T-shirts are coming too. If you guys know me, I like to have fun at the track. So there will be some fun shirts and some slightly more professional shirts. Bill Broderick is lending his special tallents and I couldn't thank him enough. A website is days away too. I will make an annoucement when that is ready.

Thanks, Brian
Old 01-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Excellent! I painted 2 new bodies for next weekend, needs some new stickers!

Dom
Old 01-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

the only better addition to my new ms2.2 and zytec 04s body chassis combo would be some cool ms2.2 stickers and a t-shirt.

pics to follow soon
Old 01-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Another race

Well, about my worst outing with the Spanker so far on Saturday. Sean Maybell, one of the first spankers himself showed up and he's always very fast. So in my heats, I was hanging with Sean and ChadK again, always about 3/4 to a lap behind though.... I was about to qualify 3rd in the 3rd heat but my pack dumped in the last 2 laps, end up 1 lap behind Chad and Sean, so qualified 4th overall.

Then it all went wrong in the main... I charged up a pack that has been sitting on my bench for over a month, so there was no punch on that pack, and I had to put an untested motor for the main, so that motor was a dog. 1/2 way thru the first lap I was running 3rd and touched a pipe and got stuck.... by the time all cars cleard and marshall got me going, the leader was pretty much 2 corners behind me. So I spent good part of the race reeling people back with a flat pack and a flat motor. Ended up taking 4th behind Sean, Chadk and Wes. Sean's car was fast, he and Chadk also had some serious Br00d ponies.

I did "A-B" the Protoform Speed 12 and Parma Speed 8, the Speed 8 pushed like there is no tomorrow and I wasn't able to run as tight lines as my Speed 12 allowed. Really jimmyed up the bumper on my Speed 8 run...... Brian, you got an extra bumper for me this weekend?

Dom
Old 01-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default MS2.2 front bumpers

Bumpers are due to land at my door step any minute today. They should retail for $5.50. As a bonus, they should also fit an Asc if you simply flip them over. With this bumper, I have really noticed that the front body post holes do not get all torn up as in previous body post installations. As you all know, the first things "to go" on a 12th scale body is the post holes, the front fenders or where the chassis tried to sneak through the front of the body when you not looking. This bumper prevents or seriously prolongs this from happening. A few more car kits will trickle off of my back order list this week. Things will slow just a little as I prepare for the Snowbirds race. Several back up parts need to be built just incase they are needed for those that will be attending the race. Andrew Cartwright just drove his new car that I put together for him this last Sunday. With a right hand in cast that he can only move a finger and the thumb. Powered by an Orion 8 turn, on the first pack, he was able to turn 2 tenths faster then my personal best! Needless to say, I was impressed. We made some very minor changes and went out again for a 2nd pack. The car slowed by a tenth, but he could do the same lap , every lap. He comented that the car was very easy to drive fast. I will be helping him out at the 'birds as well as racing both stock and mod myself. This upcoming weekend will be round 3 of the NW Onroad Indoor Series located at Rain City, my home track. This will most likely be the highest concetration of MS2.2's to date and should really be a great opportunity to polish our set ups.

Brian
Old 01-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default Good news!

Hey Slapper Fans,
All of my parts have arrived for creating the MS2.2 conversion kits. Instantly, I was able to finish 5 kits and produce some support parts. This comes as a huge relief to me and well.... my wife. She might actually get to see me more then just a few minutes a day. I have almost wiped out my back order list, so if you were on the fence about ordering an MS 2.2 before the Snowbirds, nows the time to get it taken care of in the next week. After that, I will only be working on support parts for the race. I will hopefully be doing some stock testing this weeking along with Dom Chung from Portland. So far I have found that a stock set up if profoundly different then the mod set up. So if you are frustrated that you can not get the set up in stock with the mod set up, don't beat your self up over it. We'll get it this weekend for sure! I also now have spare bumpers in stock. By the way, they fit nicely on an Associated car with just a few brushes with a Dremel! They are slightly stiffer foam then what I was doing before. They are $5.50, part number #105. Spare chassis are #104 going for $100. I will have another pile of thrust bearings Fri, it's hard to keep up with the popularity of these things!

In the resent car kit that I built, I noticed that it was difficult to get 3-3.5mm of front ride height with starting recommended 1.78 tire. There have been subtle mold changes and bushing changes that it has eventually added up to a smaller front tire. Fortunately, I feel that a 1.74 is in the prime starting range for a racing front tire diameter. But there may be some (like me) that will like to stretch their racing dollar a little farther. A couple of tricks you can do is to sand just about 0.030in off of the top of the steering block, grind any excess off of the length of the king pin to just short of the e-clip groove and ever so carefully bevel sand the bushing tapering thin at the front. The bushing will only get you about 0.015 of an inch, but that turns into 0.030in in diameter. Becareful as the rim on the bushing is only about 0.030in thick and it could punch through the arm. Another trick, use worn out springs... they will be more consistent in the end anyway. I will attempt to fix this in furture molds.

If anyone is in the area of Lynnwood Washington, there is going to be the 3rd leg of the NW Onroad Indoor Series at Rain City this weekend. There will be most of the NW top on road drivers in attendance. The mains should be spectacular!

Thanks for your support!
Brian
Old 01-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Morning!!!

Well, right after the shower in the hotel room and what do I do? Get on rctech and check email!

Yes, Brian and I were practicing stock yesterday. I can tell you guys one thing, Brian is like Michelangelo when it comes to 1/12th. It's my first time working with him and his passion for a great handling car is simply amazing! I can tell you by lap times, he's car was miles away from mine at the beginning of the day and I'd pretty much "copied" his setup and it was going faster and faster, hoping my driving won't fail the good car setup today in the heats.

Dom
Old 01-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default NW On Road Series Results

I have to admit, that even I was a bit surprised on how dominant my 12 stock car was. I had a feeling that it would be good, but it honestly looked like I was cheating some how. One racer commented that it looked like my car would speed up in the corners and then slow down on the straight away. It was strange, but I almost aggree with him. I accidently ran over so many guys in the corners purely because I didn't think that I would get there before they would out of there. But the car carried tremendous speed through the corners and as a result, it put me out there... on the next level. My stock car qualified 5th in mod! Randy Holst came off the bench to run some stock with his old buddies from Portland. He too, quickly got tuned in to the MS2.2 advantage, to find himself 2nd on the grid. Dominic Chung was the 3rd MS2.2, he wound up bouncing around in the top 5. Dom had eventually found that he must have been having a lot of fun at the club races with his batteries as they were a little tired when it came to the big show. Sunday was the tripple A's. My mains went as I had hoped and I was able to win the first two. The mains were just as impressive as the quals. For A3, I lent my pack and motor to Dom to see if I could lift his spirit a bit. Randy took off into the lead, but Dom with his new found confidence, quickly found himself in 2nd. Then it came down to a battle of the lines. It was small battles being won or lost. Eventually, Dom was creaping up on Randy. But just then, a marshal stepped out on the track and Dom hit him right in the foot. This jacked the body up and Dom lost nearly 3/4's of a lap after Randy was only a corner in front. Dom's body eventually slipped back over the body post and he went back to work. He was only able to make Randy's lead shrink to half a lap to take 3rd in the end. Randy did have his hands full with Ron Smith of R/C Plus hot on his heals for the last half of the race. They went at least four minutes with only a corner or two seperating them. In the end it was a great weekend for the Slapmaster MS2.2 taking TQ, the win and 2nd in stock and the TQ and the win in mod. It gave me the opportunity to come up with a great stock set up, which is very different then the mod set up. Mod was also great to drive. I lacked just a little bit of steering all weekend , but something as simple as moving the battery forward on one side, made magic happen. The mod A3 was the dream ride. I could power right into the corners and rip it right through the chicanes. Winning the event was icing on the cake, getting a car to work that good, was priceless.

Brian

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.