R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2005, 11:54 PM   #376
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 285
Default

A lot of grief !
jrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 06:15 AM   #377
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 472
Default

I thought this thread was dead, and now after so long a new kit, well there go's my $$$$
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:03 AM   #378
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Nope, not dead... just hanging out at the gas track all summer. I still have Gas Nat's in a month and then it will be all carpet. I am looking forward to the new brushless motors and bat's. I have conventional equipment, but it is quite apparent that brushless is going to be the new faise. I am leaning towards the Ready/LRP. I currently run LRP esc's and have always liked Ready motors. Although the latest Orion motors with that crazy end bell has turned my motor maintenance into ..."none"! Without starting a bat/motor war thread, has anyone else put together a Ready/LRP with IB3800's yet and like the results?
Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:06 AM   #379
Tech Master
 
SRAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default RE

Brian.....you gonna make Vegas for the Paris Memorial in 2 weeks? This is "the guy" with your tent in California. I need to know if I should bring it or? LMK
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:11 AM   #380
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Hey "the guy with my tent"! Naw, can't make that one this year. I will have a big work load around that time and it's too close to Nat's. Thanks for the offer. Have fun though! Scott and Rich are going. Scott is really getting tuned up. He should be laying down!
Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:14 AM   #381
Tech Master
 
SRAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default RE

That's too bad Brian.......I hear you're pretty quick with the K Car. You get the 2005 yet? Maybe we'll see you in April...right?
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:20 AM   #382
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

The K car is good... and fast. Working with the Empire Team has been a treat. April should be no problem, but I will miss the porkchop

What about the brushless systems? Anyone?
Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:41 AM   #383
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey Brian,

Not even sure if the LRP/Reedy B/L is even available yet. One thing I know is do not even bother with the Novak GTB... Ellis bought one last week, put it in his truck to do a test.... puff of smoke came out while he was setting it up on the bench! Needless to say, he wasn't pleased and now in a box going back to Novak.

But as I was told, the IB3800 has more runtime and voltage compare to the 3700. So I guess the 3800 are better, period.

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #384
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default set up

Hi Dom
Can share your carpet set up....I'm going to give myself one more chance
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #385
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Hey Brian,

But as I was told, the IB3800 has more runtime and voltage compare to the 3700. So I guess the 3800 are better, period.

Dom
That's pretty much true......I love my IB3800....make sure you get the latest 3800 cell,there are two different IB3800 on the market
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:53 AM   #386
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA
Hi Dom
Can share your carpet set up....I'm going to give myself one more chance
Hey Franko! Sure, here's my regional setup in case anyone else wants to try...

Traction: Medium on Saturday, High on Sunday

Tires: Jaco dbl pink/pink
Front spring: .022 on Sunday, .020 on Saturday
Front caster: center
Roll center: upper hole on Sunday, middle on Saturday
Center spring: silver
shock oil: 30wt AE
side tubes: New Hyperdrive (CRC metal) tubes
side tubes springs: 2 .020 in each tube
side tubes fluid: Losi Hydra fluid, medium weight
side tubes preload after tweak: don't remember, but very little
Battery position: back
Center shock under rear top plate
Sauce: TQ Red (1/2 front, 3/4 rear)
Slapmaster diff thrust bearing

It's been awhile since I looked at my MS, I might have missed something...

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing

Last edited by litespeed-dom; 09-28-2005 at 11:06 AM.
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:27 AM   #387
Tech Fanatic
 
crimson eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 841
Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle
Default

Bill, Jim, Brian etc,

We are looking forward to a great indoor carpet season, there should be some good turnout in 12th scale this year at Stockton. We had a strong stock season last year and I'd like to do 19T and play with Mod a few times just for the hell of it. I'll always come back to stock though, thats where the most drivers are.

Bill,

If you don't stop that I'll start blushing

I'll probably use the MS2.2 for 19T but I'm not set on that.

Chris
crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #388
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Brian,

I have been running the reedy/lrp bl in my sedan with IB3800 for close to a month now and love it.

The IB3800s are averaging about 30sec more run time than the GP37s and their latest batch is yielding a higher % of the 1.195-1.205 cells than GPs right now with the highest discharge energy packs in the low to mid 1.19 range.

The Sphere speedo works great in both bl and brushed modes and does not suffer from the thermal problems the novak does. The Neo-1 motor is performance equivalent to about a 9T in my sedan and feels strong all heat. The Novak 5.5 motor is supposed to be a bit faster and will work with the lrp speedo.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:01 PM   #389
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Hey Franko! Sure, here's my regional setup in case anyone else wants to try...

Traction: Medium on Saturday, High on Sunday

Tires: Jaco dbl pink/pink
Front spring: .022 on Sunday, .020 on Saturday
Front caster: center
Roll center: upper hole on Sunday, middle on Saturday
Center spring: silver
shock oil: 30wt AE
side tubes: New Hyperdrive (CRC metal) tubes
side tubes springs: 2 .020 in each tube
side tubes fluid: Losi Hydra fluid, medium weight
side tubes preload after tweak: don't remember, but very little
Battery position: back
Center shock under rear top plate
Sauce: TQ Red (1/2 front, 3/4 rear)
Slapmaster diff thrust bearing

It's been awhile since I looked at my MS, I might have missed something...

Dom
Thanks Dom
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #390
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten
Brian,

I have been running the reedy/lrp bl in my sedan with IB3800 for close to a month now and love it.

The IB3800s are averaging about 30sec more run time than the GP37s and their latest batch is yielding a higher % of the 1.195-1.205 cells than GPs right now with the highest discharge energy packs in the low to mid 1.19 range.

The Sphere speedo works great in both bl and brushed modes and does not suffer from the thermal problems the novak does. The Neo-1 motor is performance equivalent to about a 9T in my sedan and feels strong all heat. The Novak 5.5 motor is supposed to be a bit faster and will work with the lrp speedo.

Mark
sound good
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slapmaster MS 2.3 1/12th scale harjo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 01-09-2008 03:24 PM
12th scale MS2.3 Slapmaster fjm9898 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 07-29-2007 10:59 AM
Slapmaster MS2.3 12th scale fjm9898 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 06-30-2007 06:06 PM
SLAPMASTER MS2.2 1/12th scale nhra6849 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 12-26-2006 12:55 PM
Slapmaster MS2.3 12th scale stumper1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 09-03-2006 02:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:28 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net