R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2005, 07:11 PM   #301
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to jumbo360

wow those are some high quality pictures dom nice! oh yea and with the conversion is it just the tubed chassis or does it come with like a rear pod or something?

Justin
jumbo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #302
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Tubes

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
Sweet pics, thanks ill look into those CRC damper tubes from hyperdrive. Those pics have some CLARITY, very nice camera.
Nikon D70 at macro.

You should think about getting a spanker, you'll be blown away!

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 07:15 PM   #303
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jumbo360
wow those are some high quality pictures dom nice! oh yea and with the conversion is it just the tubed chassis or does it come with like a rear pod or something?

Justin
The conversion kit comes with chassis, front susp blocks, bumper, instructions, setup for mod and stock, parts list to make this car happen. This is a hand built car that is probably more exotic then anything out there and you'll be amazed when you see it in person.

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #304
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle

Hi Dom,

Do you use the bolink tube when you need springs and the crc tubes when you don't?

Chris.
crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #305
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by crimson eagle
Hi Dom,

Do you use the bolink tube when you need springs and the crc tubes when you don't?

Chris.
Chris,

Actually, there are springs in the CRC tubes too. It's inside the tubes, you can put 2 AE front springs in to create the rate that you want. Generally, for stock you don't use any springs since you have so much steering already.

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #306
Tech Fanatic

This is my sprung damper tube, one side is the small ball cup, the piston side is the regular assoc ball cup, easier to work the spring into it this way. The piston and the tube is carbon fiber and it has the grub screw for tweak adjustment.

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spr d tube.jpg (24.3 KB, 116 views)
Old 03-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #307
Tech Fanatic

Hi Dom,

Thats actually an interesting idea, I just got a t-fource for asphalt, I'll have to think about that, there may be a time when i will want a little more steering.

Chris
Old 03-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #308
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by crimson eagle
Hi Dom,

Thats actually an interesting idea, I just got a t-fource for asphalt, I'll have to think about that, there may be a time when i will want a little more steering.

Chris
I actually know one of my local racer driving a T-force and he put springs in it too. He loves it!

I think putting front AE springs inside the CRC tubes should be a Brian patent!!!

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #309
Tech Fanatic

I was considering using the MS for stock but so far i have been saving it for mod. I was racing stock with another car the lasy few times as the mod scene was quiet and I was very much enjoying it. I was wondiering is I removed the tweak screws from the t-bar would the MS behave more like a link car as I really like them on the rug for stock racing. Anyone tried this?

Chris.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:10 PM   #310
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Side Springs

Chris: nope, haven't tried removing the t-bar tweak screws and run just on the side springs. It's worth a try. I have never turned a single lap on asphalt with a 12th scale car, but I would think that a single spring damper tube would create to high of a spring rate with such a short throw. The CRC's with 2 springs might be better suited for out doors. But then... what do I know.

Dom: you are doing so much rep work here, you might actually have to start drawing a check!

Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:24 PM   #311
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that spanker that broke the front arm didn't hit anything very hard...I run weekly with that guy and he is a great driver. He has been running a carpet knife way harder than this car was run with no ill effects. too bad, car looked great...
dylanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:30 PM   #312
Tech Elite

I'm not understanding the point of your post. You didn't drive it, we didn't drive it, I personally don't know the guy at all. I've seen several CRC cars broke this season and mine is still intact, so that doesn't mean anything anyway. Don't come on here and start bad mouthing a car.

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 11:46 PM   #313
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

not new to the forums and especially not new to RC...not bad mouthing the car, just too bad nobody stood behind the car. no biggie, lesson learned. car looked killer, in fact I told him that would be the sturdiest on-raod car he would own, I run a ton of carbon on my 8th offroad and absolutely love it. best, toughest stuff around. but I also deal with a guy that will replace anything that breaks, no questions asked...
dylanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:01 AM   #314
Tech Elite

Again, still not getting a good understanding on your post. Who will replace broken parts for free anyway? If you buy a chassis from BMI and breaks it and you expect them to replace it for you, no questions asked? I would like to see if Jason would listen to that. Associated, Losi, XRAY, Mugen, Serpent doesn't have that kind of replacement programs either. Your comment of nobody stand behind the car is not cool at all, Brian comes on here to give everyone his latest setup, ideas, you don't see a lot of designer/racer comes on here to talk about their own products and give advice. If you expect everyone to give you free replacement parts because you broke it, that's not standing behind their product, that's called charity.

Again, it's hard for me to understand your point, because if I see a friend's Carpet Knife breaks and I don't run one myself, I really wouldn't go on CRC website and start talking about how Frank doesn't stand behind the products because my friend isn't getting a replacement chassis for free.

Dom
Old 03-15-2005, 12:16 AM   #315
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think that we need to be careful here. If Scott was not happy because I did not stand behind my car, he needs to say so. He told me that he likely fractured the t-bar before heading down the straight full tilt only to find that it did hold up when it met the cinder block wall. Now if the story varies, well so be it. If I drive any car into a cinder block wall, I will break it. So if I understand this right, the car was driven into the wall, and I am supposed to be guilted into fixing the car for free? These are hand laid carbon fiber chassis that are cut by hand, not by some impersonal machine that I have contracted out. Every car out on the market will have a lifespan, walls make it much shorter. If there is a problem with the bushings, miss drilled holes.... something like that, then its my issue to resolve. Scott may have picked this car up 2nd hand as I was under the impression that John was going to build it. I have no idea if it hit the track before he owned it. For the record, I have at least 35 cars all over North America and this is the first car to have the arm torn off.... to date.

Brian; Slapmaster Tools; [email protected]
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote