SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

You are right I run a Rug Rat and now a CRC T-Force and the CRC has 256. Just to let everyone know Im expecting a package here soon and its the slapmaster and im looking forword to running the car.It looks very interesting and I like the way the car is designed Im excited about running the car.If I get it in time I might even get to put a few laps on it at the nationals next week during practice.Not sure yet tho might not have the time to get it togathor But when I get back from the nats we have our regionals and if I get enough time on the car I'll be running it for sure.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ChadK
Dom,
Last night Guy ran and destroyed a wheel in the main, it was literally broken in half thru the bearing, the only thing that was holding it together was the foam, he ran on it for 5-6 min, it was pretty funny. I may run 12th on Sat. we will see who shows up and if I am prepared.

Chad
It's been awhile since you ran 1/12th 19T with us. Great if you run this Sat, give us slow guys something to shoot for!

Dom
Old 03-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by serpentracer1
You are right I run a Rug Rat and now a CRC T-Force and the CRC has 256. Just to let everyone know Im expecting a package here soon and its the slapmaster and im looking forword to running the car.It looks very interesting and I like the way the car is designed Im excited about running the car.If I get it in time I might even get to put a few laps on it at the nationals next week during practice.Not sure yet tho might not have the time to get it togathor But when I get back from the nats we have our regionals and if I get enough time on the car I'll be running it for sure.
look me up i'll be at pit table 55, runnin a spanker, and a bmi tc4,

my name is rudy. i am a local there.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thats cool Rudy I'll be arriving Tues.I talked with George yesterday and Im hoping that I get to pit with the guy Im coming up with.I was originally told we could bring our pit tables and now im not sure whats going on.Im suppose to contact him Fri to find out but I'll be their.I run 12thmasters class.My name is Dave
Old 03-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy tables

he's been building pit tables left and right, the new ones are lower and will fit the chairs better, i am at the old ones and they are high, so i have a stool i carry around. i wont be there till late thurs, i might even miss practice. oh well
Old 03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yea thats what George told me he was doing.Not sure why he just didnt rent tables for the event so he didnt have to spend so much time on the tables.Hopefully we will get it worked out that I can pit with my friend because their is some equiptment that we have that we share
Old 03-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Rug Nat's

Sorry Guys, I will not be able to make Nat's. I have too many obligations at home this time around. I wish everyone well and drop me an email if things get a little to hard to figure out, maybe I can help out.

Turtleman-post a pic of your alxe. It may explain your trouble. Show it with the thrust and sleave off and see if you can put a set of calipers next to it like this pic.

bb
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-.jpg  
Old 03-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know one thing im looking forword to going a few more days of work some tuning this weekend and off I go.Brian how thick is the chassis where the T-bar is bolted.By the way got your e-mail to Thanks.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The whole chassis is about .075 everywhere. It veries a little due to the molding process. Dave, your goodies should arrive any minute! I just got back from the track tonight. I am tuning in a 2nd car. This car, I made some steering stops so that the wheel will not turn into the ball cup and the lower arm. I have been noticing some "dings" in the inside of the wheel. The stops were and experiment to see if could improve this. The stops were crude, just some screws with nuts drilled through the arm. It appears that it was doing the job, but I would like to come up with something better. I had something happen to my thrust bearing for the first time in over a year of running them. Somehow, a piece of junk got into it and was getting all crushed up inside the thrust bearing. Well of course the diff felt aweful. I was more suprised that I had to take it appart! Sure enough, something got inside the thrust bearing and died there. I cleaned it out and back to diff like butter. My buddy gave me a hard time: "... so you only got two months out of that diff before you cleaned it..." It's true. My other diff is still going strong at 18 months old with the same balls and plates. I would run in it in any Nat's or Worlds right now. I have a couple of t-shirts left. They are larges and xl's. $10 each, but the shipping is going to be a little extra. I will have to find out for sure. Email me if you are seriously interested.

Brian [email protected]
Old 03-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Package arrived!!!!! Damn Looks better in person then in the pics.Your instructions are out right awesome.I like the way you did them up.Their are companies out their that still cant get instructions right.Yours are great.Looking forword to building the car will prob.start on it sat evening.Got to work on sat and then have some other things to do I should get most if not all of it completed.

The reason I was asking about the chassis was when I lower the cg in the car at the T-plate I take and Mill out .040 around where the T-bar screws are so I can lower it so that the T-bar screws sont hit the chassis.We have been thru cutting the ball down and then adding .010 washers to adjust hgt with only dremeling where the screws are but its a pain to get the the right measurement on the balls but it worked great once it was setup right.I have also tested a T-bar with recessed T-plate screws in the T-plate its self and it worked great but as you know when you cut strength out of fiberglass it does'nt last as long.I could get maybe 6-10 runs on a T-bar before it started to give which isnt really that great for the pocket.I normally run a .075 T-bar but for the nats I'm going to run .081(got it from crc) and try it out to see how I like it.I've run the spring steel T-bar from IRS in both med and med stiff and they were just out right awesome when setup with the lower cg T-bar.but I bent a few between the 2 screw where the T-bar attaches and that hurt the pocket even at my price but found out the problem ,just havnt run them again as of yet(using the asc T-bar brace when tightened down bows the T-bar abit and weakens it and in my case bowed the spring steel, so if anyone is using the brace just open the holes on both ends to relieve the stress it puts on the T-bar and you will be fine.Just thought Id let ya know why I asked the question.I have alot I'm going to be testing with in the next few weeks and over the whole summer I will keep you informed.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Snake: Are you gonna have it ready by this weekend? And yes, the car actually looks better in person than in pictures. Got to look at it when he brought it by Mark and Arv's room down at Snowbirds.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jeff If I get enough time sat I will finish the car and maybe put some runs on it sun.But I will bring it with me either way and I have some info with it to I can show you.I'm hoping to get some time on it to run at the regionals with it when I get back from the nats.Let Arv know the car looks awesome and he should ck it out might be right up his alley!
Old 03-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

we saw at the birds already.....sweet chassis. For not being a 12 scaler....it sure did catch my eye. Now I've been stung by the 12 scale bug. Can you PM your #. Gotta ask you a couple of questions.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jeff you have PM
Old 03-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't mean to be a dick, but can you guys take these personal converstaions to PM? I'm getting hit with all these emails notification, thought something new happening at the spanker camp, but it's not. Thanks.

Dom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.