Old 02-09-2005, 03:52 PM   #181
Tech Addict

looks good Rudedog...
Too bad the pics aren't that large
Old 02-12-2005, 10:15 PM   #182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default PNW Spanker guys

Well boys, looks like our guys did pretty good at 'Birds.

Brian, Travis Schreven, Peter Robinson got in the B in stock. I'm sure Brian would have some good stories to tell when he gets back.

Dom
Old 02-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #183
Tech Elite

Well, considering I have never win a club 1/12th race before, it was finally my time today. Car was handling flawlessly, I have no complaint, fastest thru the corners and at the beginning, car was evil to drive but once it's settled down, it's like driving a slot car!

I did some drastic changes on the bench this past week and hoped for the best and it finally paid off. Even though it was a brand new layout, track was green but hey, a win is a win! Hopefully it'll carry to next weekends series race #4.

Dom
Old 02-12-2005, 11:32 PM   #184
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by litespeed-dom
Well, considering I have never win a club 1/12th race before, it was finally my time today. Car was handling flawlessly, I have no complaint, fastest thru the corners and at the beginning, car was evil to drive but once it's settled down, it's like driving a slot car!

I did some drastic changes on the bench this past week and hoped for the best and it finally paid off. Even though it was a brand new layout, track was green but hey, a win is a win! Hopefully it'll carry to next weekends series race #4.

Dom
Hi dom
What tires are you useing down there?
Old 02-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #185
Tech Elite

Hey Franko,

I was using purple front and pink rear.... ended up running Jaco Pink and Dbl Pink.

You coming down next weekend?

Dom
Old 02-12-2005, 11:56 PM   #186
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hey Franko,

I was using purple front and pink rear.... ended up running Jaco Pink and Dbl Pink.

You coming down next weekend?

Dom
I'm not too sure.......I can't get the dam car to drive easy like my yokomo 12scale....need more track time to get it to works
Old 02-12-2005, 11:58 PM   #187
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by OVA
I'm not too sure.......I can't get the dam car to drive easy like my yokomo 12scale....need more track time to get it to works
perhap I'll try the pink and dbl pink next time..
have you try the parma brands
Old 02-12-2005, 11:59 PM   #188
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by OVA
You are kidding me. I couldn't get the damn Yoke to drive right on carpet at all. This car is only like 10 times easier to drive and corners like 300 times faster! I'm sure Brian can help you out.

Dom
Old 02-13-2005, 12:02 AM   #189
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
You are kidding me. I couldn't get the damn Yoke to drive right on carpet at all. This car is only like 10 times easier to drive and corners like 300 times faster! I'm sure Brian can help you out.

Dom
R U kinddin my just the opposite of your problem
Old 02-14-2005, 05:10 PM   #190
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default 'Birds results

Well.... what a learning experience the 2005 Snowbirds was for me and the MS crew. 800+ entries, 450 of them were in the on road side. 130 in stock touring! About 70 in stock 12th and short of 50 in mod 12th. The stock handout was miserable to get tuned in. I didn't see that it was that close to the twin, the Monster stock, at all. I tried gear ratios from 1.65 to 1.83 roll out and 25% of the field still pulled me out of every corner and 10+ feet down the straight. We tried different brushes, different spring combos, different tires..... and all we came up with was different combinations of "suck". I was heading into the final 3rd round and Sean Maybell got the "tip". It wound up being full face Huricane Gold brushes with a green/green and about a 1.77 r/o. Sure enough, it worked. I can not believe that we couldn't have stumbled upon that somehow, but we didn't. You had to run 10.2-10.4's to be in the main, prior to this, the best I could do was a 10.9 and the rest 11+. The worst part was that the car was on rails. We just had no motor. The 3rd run turned out to be on the brink of the making the tail end of the main, but it tapered off enough to barely make the B. It was very close! I got the car to run 10.6's and .8's through out, but it was too little too late for more attemps. The B main was fast. I had a good start getting up to 4th in the first two corners from 9th on the grid, only to brush a pipe and get spun by the pursuing train and got knocked back to last. I was only able to make up one spot in 7 1/2 minutes with 4 possitions within 2 seconds of my reach. What can I say, it was a fast B. Trav wound up running a car for Speedmerchant and Peter put together a RugRat from IRS. Sean Maybell took 2nd in the C with the next in line MS2.2.

Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:31 PM   #191
Tech Elite

Default 'Birds set up for stock

With the Paragon traction being used on the latest version of Ozite, the grip was intense. The stock set up had too much steering right away. We wound up using the upper hole on the blocks, caster all the way forward, I used .024 springs while Sean used .022's. I used Parma purple fronts and Parma pink rears at 1.62/1.73. Sean used a simular diameter but used Parma purple fronts and the new Jaco "wraps" rear. We ran the front as wide as possible, they almost stuck out of the sides of the bodies. There were a lot of Parma Speed 8's in the A main, but all I had painted up was Protoforms Speed 12's. We ran 3/4 & 1 degree of camber and no toe out. I only let the traction sit on the tires for about 3-4 minutes. It was pretty planted. I question whether it was too planted and not freed up enough to run stock power. The track layout was an oval with a not so complicated infield. I really think that we could have excelled more if the lay out had some 180's or at least some hairpins to show off the corner speed of the car. The good news is that there was a lot that was learned from this race that will show up in future kits. I will do some testing with damper plates to see if we can find some benafits over the tubes on some specific tracks. Only good will come from a race like the Snowbirds. This car will only get better with age! The diff kits never skipped a beat. While I checked out some diffs from the CRC boys that were killer, they say that they have a life span of 2 weeks. I blew them away when I told them that mine was 16 months old.

I got to meet lots of racers and lots got to see the car. Most everyone was impressed with a car that is barely 1 year old. And yet it has come a long ways already.

Brian; www.slapmastertools.com
Old 02-27-2005, 11:34 PM   #192
Tech Elite

Default Thrust kits in stock!

Wow, before I slip off the bottom of rctech, just a reminder that the thrust kits are in stock. Pick them up for the end of the season for that all important regional race or nat's. Put that diff maintenance behind you and focus on the car! It's been quiet here on my thread, but that does not mean that it's been quiet around the shop. I have hit three different carpet tracks in the span of three weeks, one of which was the Snowbirds. This has really brought my set up techiniques up to speed. I feel the MS2.2 is a very versital car and reacts well to the changes. You just need to be aware of what changes to make to get the most out of the car. If you are having some trouble, feel free to drop me a line.

Good luck at the track.
Brian; [email protected] or www.slapmastertools.com
Old 02-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #193
Tech Elite

Talking Not that quiet.....

Well, took my first TQ yesterday, also resulted in a win. Car is just on rails, my current setup and the layout now is just an awesome combo. Took the win 2 laps over 2nd place. Travis took TQ last weekend with a 56 laps with Mod, with the traction slight down from last weekend, I TQ'ed at 53 laps with a 19T, so it's really not that bad at all.

This car is just WAY too awesome!!!

Dom
Old 02-28-2005, 07:49 PM   #194
Tech Master

wait till u see my new spanker at regionals.....veery different

maybell

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:51 PM   #195
Tech Master

for anyone who wants their 12th scale diffs to last twice as long... get a slapmaster thrust bearing....not joking!

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote