SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Standard damper prototype. Carbon tube, carbon piston.
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-d-tube.jpg  
Old 01-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Possible t-shirt design!

A racing buddy of mine, is a graphic arts designer. He has some pretty snappy computers to play with and has some pretty creative skills to operate them with. He also shares the same sence of humor to go along with Slapmaster Tools and the MS2.2 line. Not that I don't take this seriously, but we do race these cars for fun... and I hope to remind us of that! Bill, also is going to put the website together, but we gotta have shirts first!

Brian; [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-slap_blk_tee-1-.jpg  
Old 01-27-2005, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Brian,

You sort of reminded me of something I was thinking about a few weeks ago with your last post. I'm from England and we have many different ways to say monkey spanker and thought you may like to hear some them. (or see them written down anyway)

Ham Shanker
Bishop Basher
Five knuckle Shuffler
And then there is good old fashined -

Wanker.

Enjoy.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

That shirt is the sh** I would purchase one even though I don't run the car.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default T-shirt

Now, that's an awesome shirt!!!! Love it!

Dom
Old 01-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default t-shirt

can i pre order one of those t-shirts.... car is almost done...pics to follow soon.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Default shirts

Right now, I am trying to get shirts done for Snowbirds and for those that are attending. By then, I should have a price and some sellection options; white, black, steel blue...., T-s, longsleeves, polos..... Stickers are also in the works. I should have some samples before I leave. The website is also marching forward at the speed of volunteers, which I am very thankful to have.

At this time, I am back ordering car kits until after the Snowbirds race. Thrust bearing kits are shippable any time.

Rudy, I can certainly put you down for a shirt!

Brian; [email protected]
Old 01-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Well Brian, looks like the operation is in full swing now! I'm definitely in for shirts, gotta get replacement for "Team Raul"!

You plan on coming down for the series race on Feb 19-20?

Dom
Old 01-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

That is funnier than hell..... How do I get one of those shirts....?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default shirt info

Well....
it looks like I will have to add another product listing: #107 - Slapmaster T-shirts. I think that they are going to be priced around $12+/-. We are going to do black t's first with white print. I am going to do a short run first just to get them "out" to those attending 'birds and then they will go online for sale. I can't believe that molded carbon fiber and shirts with a monkey butt on it was going to be so popular. But then again.... this is the r/c biz. If Trinity can put Godzilla on a stock motor, then I can put a monkey's ass on a shirt!

Oh yea!!!

Brian
Old 01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default more shirt

This would be the white T.
Brian; [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-slap_wht_tee.jpg  
Old 01-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Godzilla?

Brian,

FYI, that's not Godzilla. It is Reptar from the RugRats cartoon. My kids watch that stuff. I got one hell of a laugh the first time I saw it on a sponsored guy's car. LOL
Old 01-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by revzalot
Do you guys use the gurney strip on the 12?
depends on the track quality you race on:

the Majority at our Hobby town track run either a gurney off the body or a wing mounted off the rear pod. (old school) we had problems running any mod motor due to traction problems at the rear so we went to stock but still had inconsistent handing at the rear. tried adding a gurney flap (like the 12th body that Protoform has on the Speed-12) at the rear of the body. the handling improved a little but not much. so me an another old school 12th racer decided to put wings on the rear pods like we did back in the 80's thru early 90's. first some other drivers scoffed at it. now 4 of us are running them. with 3 others looking or waiting for the shop to get some more wing mounts in. we do modify the body by cutting away some of the kickup on the rear of our bodies when we add a pod mounted wing

prior to that, I was racing 12th mod on carpet with the latest bodies and had no problems. no extra d-force required. however when our shop pulled the carpet and put in a dirt oval. because i don't run offroad or dirt oval, i was forced to run at our local Hobbytown on asphalt track/outdoors. the asphalt is blown off but not prepped (sugar water, thinned out VHT, sugared soda water) like asphalt tracks i ran on years ago. they also run offroad races on the same day and dust travels.

at ROAR races this add ons are not legal, however would't be needed because 99.9% of the time the track will be properly prepped with no offroad races 15ft from the asphalt track

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 01-28-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi all,

This is my sprung damper tube, carbon tube and piston. I have the small ball socket on the tube end with a grub screw for tweaking and a standard ball socket on the piston end. This allows me to have the maximum damped length I can. They are not as easy to make as I would like and I need to work on this a little before I consider making them on a production basis. My issues are the small ball cups, these ones come as two only from a pack of 14. Please check out the picture and let me know what you all think. Standard tubes (no springs or tweak adjustment) is not too bad to make.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-spr-d-tube.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Chris,

Are those 2/56 ball cups? If so, Du-Bro makes a certain parts kit that has them in it at an inexpensive price. You'll just need to get a hold of a lot of these "kits"

Dom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.