R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #76
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

I just ordered the new 417x, although the track where i will be racing the xray is the quickest car, I got the oppurtunity to try it, did five laps with it , then did five laps with the 417 regular kit, and right off the back i was quicker with the 417 in fact i had the fastest time with the 417 at the track, so i asked for the set up and it was setup like the instructions had said, same goes for the xray 2012, so long story short, ask you friends to try out the other cars, and see if you are quicker, and it will let you know right away, which kit to get and which will be suited to you, I wish I could try out the serpent, but no body here has it
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #77
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

This is what I mean on the T3. "T3 if you want to make this car turn faster the rear end is not staple" T2 and T3 12 are having the same issue (I switched from T2). People may not see it happens on low traction but in good traction surface this happens unless your car is push.

check it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aT8ELN0Lc
at 23 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaAOJJ6E6k4
at 52 sec

After starting driving 411 and later cars like bd5, tc6.1 ARC R10, I no longer face this kind of thing. So, I'm pretty sure this is T3 design issue.
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #78
Tech Rookie
 
Showbiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
Default

I think each car have their own characteristic. It could be true that some model might be faster than the other but the questions is what way?.

As you may know that Hara is drive for HB. But in my local track he borrowed some T3 2012 for leisure & he still the fastest in the track (also leave me in the dust lol).
Showbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
This is what I mean on the T3. "T3 if you want to make this car turn faster the rear end is not staple" T2 and T3 12 are having the same issue (I switched from T2). People may not see it happens on low traction but in good traction surface this happens unless your car is push.

check it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aT8ELN0Lc
at 23 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaAOJJ6E6k4
at 52 sec

After starting driving 411 and later cars like bd5, tc6.1 ARC R10, I no longer face this kind of thing. So, I'm pretty sure this is T3 design issue.
Still sounds like a setup issue.
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #80
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
This is what I mean on the T3. "T3 if you want to make this car turn faster the rear end is not staple" T2 and T3 12 are having the same issue (I switched from T2). People may not see it happens on low traction but in good traction surface this happens unless your car is push.

check it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aT8ELN0Lc
at 23 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaAOJJ6E6k4
at 52 sec

After starting driving 411 and later cars like bd5, tc6.1 ARC R10, I no longer face this kind of thing. So, I'm pretty sure this is T3 design issue.
You do realise that the guy who won that meeting was driving an Xray T3, right?
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #81
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
You do realise that the guy who won that meeting was driving an Xray T3, right?
T3 is just as fast or faster at our local track. Asphalt and carpet. I have owned a s411 and it was not the car for me. I like my T3 2012 waY better. It's a lot easier to drive and easier to find a set up.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #82
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Worcester, West Midlands, UK
Posts: 6
Default

Interesting thread and I've only read the last page... My son Reece has been Xray from day 1 and it's hard to see him driving anything else...
__________________
You're only as fast as your father can afford!!!
Xray T3'12- Team Powers XPS PRO 140A- Team Powers Plutonium 13.5/10.5- Team Powers 5600/50c and 6200/60c lipos
www.rcdisco.com
www.team-powers.co.uk
BakerTeamPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #83
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,195
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

I read through just some of the pages, but just judging from the title of the thread, if you want to buy a new car because you think it will make you faster and you have the budget for it, then by all means, buy that new car.

If you believe you are faster, you feel like you are faster, then heck, you just might be faster... forums like rc tech will give you a lot of opinions (and most of which are all valid, except for Juan's and rtypeC's lol) but at the end, if you identify something that you want to do because you expect it will give you an edge (even if it means buying a new car) then do it. I've thrown in new motor, new ESC, new bodies, tires...what ever, in between rounds at big races because I believe it will give me an edge. Just depends what budget and what level you want to play at

is a car (in its physical form) limit it to being slower than another car? like the title states "a T3 2011 is slower than a TC6 or a S411"? Maybe! As design continues to be more refined and the method of approach being more sophisticated (computer software in design...etc.) sure, cars get better and better (at least I hope they are)... But I know one thing for sure: my TRF417X will always be slower than Marc Rheinard's TRF417x...
__________________
Steve Wang
ST Racing Concepts: www(dot)teamstrc(dot)com
teamstrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #84
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamstrc View Post
I read through just some of the pages, but just judging from the title of the thread, if you want to buy a new car because you think it will make you faster and you have the budget for it, then by all means, buy that new car.

If you believe you are faster, you feel like you are faster, then heck, you just might be faster... forums like rc tech will give you a lot of opinions (and most of which are all valid, except for Juan's and rtypeC's lol) but at the end, if you identify something that you want to do because you expect it will give you an edge (even if it means buying a new car) then do it. I've thrown in new motor, new ESC, new bodies, tires...what ever, in between rounds at big races because I believe it will give me an edge. Just depends what budget and what level you want to play at

is a car (in its physical form) limit it to being slower than another car? like the title states "a T3 2011 is slower than a TC6 or a S411"? Maybe! As design continues to be more refined and the method of approach being more sophisticated (computer software in design...etc.) sure, cars get better and better (at least I hope they are)... But I know one thing for sure: my TRF417X will always be slower than Marc Rheinard's TRF417x...
1+
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:26 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net