R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ioxqq,

I think you have a good point

I have T3'11 and 417

Two drivers at my track have 411 and their laptime is very quick immediately. No doubt this car is a weapon

If I were you, I would definitely buy the 411 but I would also keep the T3

Take both to the track and learn to understand to set the T3 so it is equal to 411

If you learn to be a master of set up it will not matter what car you friends have!
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
At some point he is right. This Year I was at the European championship in Austria and talked to some average racers that used T3 (out of the box) complaining about their cars and that the Factory drivers were using cars no near the design of the standard kit (the biggest difference was in the carbon peaces but also the bulkheads and other stuff). But usually the factory team drivers test some new things anyway. The point is that Tamiya, Yokomo, Serpent, Associated team drivers were using the standard kit with light modifications that you can do yourself and the Xray car was from the ground up different. That's what caused the main anger among the average drivers. You buy a new car for the 2011 season and in the middle of summer it's outdated!?
The team drivers are always testing and evaluating new parts, R&D has to happen some how.
Drivers complaining that team drivers have much better equipment etc has always happened, and most of the time it won't make much difference to their performance, but as you don't have it, that must be why they're beating you.
I have no idea what the 'light' mods are on the other cars, but the new Xray is about to come out and the main difference is.... top deck and chassis.

Everyone has said that the servo position change makes no difference to lap times, only the amount of room on the chassis and perhaps the 'smoothness' of the steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae View Post
Change all your ball bearings, before changing cars.
Hmm, this also occured to me, or perhaps worn out wishbones etc which now have more play than usual.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default T3 2011

Don't sell this kit short as it is very capable of being as fast as the next. My buddy bought and built this kit 3 weeks before the IIC in Las Vegas and ran it stock except for ceramics and ecs shafts and stuck it 5th in qualifying in like a 70 car field!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The agressive, small setup window cars can be very fast in perfect conditions, or on tracks where you get a lot of time to figure out the setup. They also have the highest chance of letting you down when things aren't just right. And if you race on a track where the grip level changes dramatically, it can be hard to keep the setup dialed in. There's some risk/reward for going that direction.

The cars with a broader setup window will thrive when conditions aren't just right, and aren't ans sensitive to changing grip levels. But, perhaps, at the expensive of a little outright speed.

In my experience, anyway. Lately, I've been leaning more toward safe and predictable.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Recently I've moved from another car to the S411 and I am more then happy with this car. When I placed it on the track in an outdoor scenario, on the second lap I was as fast as I was with a chassis that I have been racing for a couple years (well - incarnations of the same chassis). My opinion on the XRay is that it is a great car that is very durable allowing you to push yourself - however, for some it might not have the suspension geometry that allows you to get the set-up that works for you. There are a lot of very fast guys running the T3 2011 locally (as I bet are at your track) so finding a set-up was never a problem - however, with the S411 I am very impressed on how this car reacts to changes. I'm working on a set-up that is very close for me and once I do get the S411 dialed in, I know this car is going to be Very Fast! I do find that the S411 seems to have a lot more steering then any of the other cars I have driven... this I find can help lead to faster lap times.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #21
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am sure the T3 can be as fast as the tc6, or S411, it's just a matter of setup. With the right setup/driver/practice combo even my Fttc4 can run with them.....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I am sure the T3 can be as fast as the tc6, or S411, it's just a matter of setup. With the right setup/driver/practice combo even my Fttc4 can run with them.....

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa....that's kind of stretching it.
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #23
Tech Master

[QUOTE=DuckStang;9795245]Yeaaaaaaaaaaa....that's kind of stretching it.[/QUOTE

My 414 still beats up on most cars
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #24
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To tell you the truth, my driving needs alot of polishing , but my Fttc4, in the right hands, can easily run with these newer cars! I just need to prove it with a win next year, and a fastest lap in Mod....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:13 AM   #25
Tech Champion

[quote=Juan Aveytia;9795389]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckStang View Post
Yeaaaaaaaaaaa....that's kind of stretching it.[/QUOTE

I have a 415msxx that can out qualify mi4's, but it feels like I am racing it at 110% to get the most out of it

All good fun though!

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
Tech Master

[QUOTE=tc3team;9796467]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post

I have a 415msxx that can out qualify mi4's, but it feels like I am racing it at 110% to get the most out of it

All good fun though!
My car is very aggressive with all my changes to it. Its easy to drive fast
Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post

I heard that light blue anodizing is worth 0.1s a lap but if you add a little bit of red it's actually 0.2s. Also, each unrelated sticker you put on the body is worth 0.01s.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #28
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
I heard that light blue anodizing is worth 0.1s a lap but if you add a little bit of red it's actually 0.2s. Also, each unrelated sticker you put on the body is worth 0.01s.
Thats why I have alot of unrelated stickers
Old 10-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 414

If you added 100g of stickers to make it legal weight I bet it wouldn't be as fast as a tyco.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
If you added 100g of stickers to make it legal weight I bet it wouldn't be as fast as a tyco.
King of 1 liners, lol