Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest Spec/Blinky Mode ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jerry P
That is true but some speedos have been known to have a little extra. The "Friend" i am talking about clearly was faster on the straight when check with a radar gun and it clearly had more out of the corners. That was same driver and same setup. If i didnt have a crap week with my touring car at IIC i would have jumped on the band wagon.
Even if there were discrepancies between ESC's, gearing, motor timing, car setup and driver will all play a much bigger factor then the ESC would.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
Even if there were discrepancies between ESC's, gearing, motor timing, car setup and driver will all play a much bigger factor then the ESC would.
That is really not true...at the highest levels of racing all of the drivers are pretty similar in their ability to hot lap. Everyone should have been within a tenth, not three or more tenths. In a blinky class the speeds of the cars should be very similar...
Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The brand of ESC is not going to matter much in Roar blinky stock. Motor is going to be a much more important decision, and even more than that is car set up and driver skill.

As for what ESC to run it normaly falls to brand preferance. I've always Preferd the LRP's so that is what I run. I ran a Tekin in boosted but have even switched that to the LRP, the Tekin I think is still faster but I'm faster with the LRP because it feels smoother to me and more linier. The tekin I could never get set up properly to get rid of that second gear feeling.

Run what your most comfortable running because thats what you are going to be fastest with because its one less thing on your mind to break concentration on the drivers stand. Thats been my experiance anyway. Its never about what the fast guys are doing its what you can do to make yourself faster. I cant run a Hara setup because he can drive a twitchy car and I cant, so I'm faster with my setup than with his.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It was On the ROAR list for a while and they submitted new software. That new software was not approved as it had timing in it. They used it anyway at the ROAR Carpet nats and was banned from ROAR when caught.

I am not sure what software they used at the IIC but it was fast. Brad Johnson was 2nd with a speed passion and I thought he was just as fast though on the straight (where timing would show up mostly).

I have a guess as to why it was allowed but will refrain from posting.

EA
Thanks Eric....Im sure it wouldnt have anything to do with ORCA being a paying sponsor for the event. That wouldnt look right....but stranger things have happened.

Also I think Brad ran a SXX in Blinky but used a SP motor....I could be wrong.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Thanks Eric....Im sure it wouldnt have anything to do with ORCA being a paying sponsor for the event. That wouldnt look right....but stranger things have happened.

Also I think Brad ran a SXX in Blinky but used a SP motor....I could be wrong.
You may very well be right about Brad. I just assumed he was using a SP speedo but didnt really pay that much attention. I know I seen SP, TP, ReVtech, D3 and other motors in his car but not sure if it was open or blinky class. He was pitting to far away to snoop much! LOL. I also didnt get to gaze at him in awe all week either!

EA
Old 10-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by artwork
That is really not true...at the highest levels of racing all of the drivers are pretty similar in their ability to hot lap. Everyone should have been within a tenth, not three or more tenths. In a blinky class the speeds of the cars should be very similar...
I respectfully disagree...

Even at the highest levels there are still so many variable factors that could have contributed to that. Plus top speed and hot lap times are two factors that are not always dependent on each other.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
At the highest level....what are those guys doing running Blinky....
Old 10-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
At the highest level....what are those guys doing running Blinky....
Probably to keep from running against 3 world champs in the regular stock class among other paid pro drivers. But thats just a guess. Plus there was amateur for the true stock racer/non sponsored guys.

EA
Old 10-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

i think it is a differance in the esc in blinky..i was running a viper all summer went to a gtb & lost 4 tenths or so...same track layout.. same motor.. same gearing..same setup..same lipos..so i would say say
Old 10-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
I respectfully disagree...

Even at the highest levels there are still so many variable factors that could have contributed to that. Plus top speed and hot lap times are two factors that are not always dependent on each other.
eh, you're wasting your time here, bud. the guys that get it, get it. the guys that don't, never will.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I tested both Black Diamond and Tekin at the IIC 17.5 12th scale class and literally found no difference what so ever in feel, punch, lap time - fast or last. The finishing time was within 3 seconds which falls within driver and car prep. The speed in spec will come from the chassis, not the speedo.
Brian
Old 10-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You may very well be right about Brad. I just assumed he was using a SP speedo but didnt really pay that much attention. I know I seen SP, TP, ReVtech, D3 and other motors in his car but not sure if it was open or blinky class. He was pitting to far away to snoop much! LOL. I also didnt get to gaze at him in awe all week either!

EA
I did....I have absolutely no idea how Brad did on the track. But I will tell you that Brad puts on one hell of a show in the pits!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

I also didnt get to gaze at him in awe all week either!

EA
If you ever need your Bradly fix search YouTube for....One Minute of Brad Johnson.....you never know when the cam is on!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by seaball
eh, you're wasting your time here, bud. the guys that get it, get it. the guys that don't, never will.
And thus Seaballs breaks down the internet and how it works.....
Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I believe all the team Orca guys that had their first two qualifiers taken away ( at the Roar Carpet Nats ). Those that chose to stay put other ESC's in and ALL regained their same qualifying positions ( all at the very top ).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.