Wiki Posts
Search

Japan's death grip on the touring car world

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Japan's death grip on the touring car world

First let me say that I'm a proud American who serves in the Navy. My friends HPI , Tamiya and Xray will never let this class get from under their clutches, yes I know that Xray is from Europe and distributed in the US but I'm just using them as an example. When the factory TC4 comes we might be looking at the next TRF 416 ,evo5, Pro 5 and by the way Mike Dumas was running a prototype xray at the new England Shootout, maybe testing new parts or a new car who knows.

I know that a lot of you are very "HARDCORE AND VERY LOYAL TO THE TC3,TC4 AND THE NEW LOSI CAR COMING OUT", I'm not dissin' any those great cars mentioned above, it just seem like the they just can't touch right now in the long run.

THIS IS JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION, NO NEED TO SEND ME ANY HATE MAIL BECAUSE ITR WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO FLAME ANYONE.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Japan's death grip on the touring car world

Originally posted by dawgmeat
First let me say that I'm a proud American who serves in the Navy. My friends HPI , Tamiya and Xray will never let this class get from under their clutches, yes I know that Xray is from Europe and distributed in the US but I'm just using them as an example. When the factory TC4 comes we might be looking at the next TRF 416 ,evo5, Pro 5 and by the way Mike Dumas was running a prototype xray at the new England Shootout, maybe testing new parts or a new car who knows.

I know that a lot of you are very "HARDCORE AND VERY LOYAL TO THE TC3,TC4 AND THE NEW LOSI CAR COMING OUT", I'm not dissin' any those great cars mentioned above, it just seem like the they just can't touch right now in the long run.

THIS IS JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION, NO NEED TO SEND ME ANY HATE MAIL BECAUSE ITR WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO FLAME ANYONE.
WHAT CANT SEND ANY HATE MAIL DAMN DUDE YOUR NO FUN!!!!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Japan's death grip on the touring car world

Originally posted by howard hudson
WHAT CANT SEND ANY HATE MAIL DAMN DUDE YOUR NO FUN!!!!
OPEN THE FLOOD GATES FOR HATE MAIL OR PM
Old 01-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is it the cars or the drivers that are winning the races?

Tamiya is a big company in the RC scene. i dont know of any company that has been around longer, that translates into $ for R&D for new cars.

Other companies i dont know much about, but i believe the USA based car brands are relativly new in comparison. It also seems that sedan racing is much bigger in Asia & europe than over here in NA, also translating into what? ba-ling.

Do racers in Europe & Asia run the TC4 or Losi?

Do racers in NA run the "imported" cars you listed?

its all about popularity and fan base. To me it just seems the scene is much more developed in europe & asia. of course i could be wrong. If im right, heres hoping it changes.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NVisible
is it the cars or the drivers that are winning the races?

Tamiya is a big company in the RC scene. i dont know of any company that has been around longer, that translates into $ for R&D for new cars.

Other companies i dont know much about, but i believe the USA based car brands are relativly new in comparison. It also seems that sedan racing is much bigger in Asia & europe than over here in NA, also translating into what? ba-ling.

Do racers in Europe & Asia run the TC4 or Losi?

Do racers in NA run the "imported" cars you listed?

its all about popularity and fan base. To me it just seems the scene is much more developed in europe & asia. of course i could be wrong. If im right, heres hoping it changes.
I RACE THE 415 AND SO DO OTHER 5 GUYS AT HOBBYCHAMMBER
AS A MATTER OF FACT I WILL GO FAR TO STAY THAT THE X-RAY HAS REPLACE THE TC3 AND TC4 FOR CARPET RACING
Old 01-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

cool. cap locks key broken?

yea thats pretty much my point. im waiting for my xray to arrive actually
Old 01-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

I agree. I see associated and Losi being left behind right now. HPI,Tamiya and Xray seem to be running away with it.
Losi and Associated are pretty established companies. However, they seem to stay away from the quote, unquote "Luxury" style racers.
This may be hurting them. I still think they should keep doing what they are doing, but release something really top notch that may be $$$$.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Nothing stays the same forever.

I think Tamiya will be on top for as long as they choose to stay serious about racing. Its gotta be hard to compete with a company as big as they are.

It will be interesting to see what Kyosho comes out with.

Xray seems to have set the stage for quality. Losi seems to have caught on with the new JRX but AE seems to think the same old same old is the way to go.

Its also pretty cool that Tamiya has their own track, it would be cool to see the other guys do the same.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

This may sound petty but HPI needs to ditch the purple, nice car, wrong color.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Peter Busch
This may sound petty but HPI needs to ditch the purple, nice car, wrong color.
What do you suggest? Blue is Associated, Silver is Xray, Red is Alex racing and CRC, seems the only other color is Purple.
How about a nice Puke Green! lol
Old 01-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by scoobydo
What do you suggest? Blue is Associated, Silver is Xray, Red is Alex racing and CRC, seems the only other color is Purple.
green would rock
Old 01-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Tamiya is blue but they set themselves apart from AE by anodizing them all the same shade of blue. Green would be cool but I doubt it would go over well with most guys. I'm glad Xray went to polished silver, that brown they had was nasty.

I just don't like purple.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

That green is sweet.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by scoobydo
Lets not forget Masami's colour is yellow/green, he did have some green parts on his cars before. Though they were one off items.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

We need gold!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.