R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #346
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Rc F1 is dying because of these old racers that want everything just for them, and don't welcome newer generations of racers ! There should be a pipeline of kids racing their rtr Radioshack F1 toys at every club, but instead you find a bunch of 60 year olds fainting on the driverstand ! Rc clubs don't even advertise their events in toyRus or Radioshack in the hopes of attracting new people, and you expect a good turnout... Wow....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #347
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I remember the frowns and bad attitudes the racers had at first when I showed up with my Nikko to practice : nobody liked it when I passed them, and some were cursing, but couldn't do a thing to me....The shame couldn't be wiped off their faces for a long time until they realised I was serious about my racing, and they subsequently let it be....Whenever they see me now they ask me for my F1, and it's all good now that I am getting my FGX , but had I not been someone with a tough character, I would have quit a long time ago !!!!! Guys let the youngsters bring their cars to your tracks without having to be intimidated because they don't have the right chassis. You discourage them that first time, and they will quit for sure !!! Or maybe that's what you guys want !!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #348
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,287
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I remember the frowns and bad attitudes the racers had at first when I showed up with my Nikko to practice : nobody liked it when I passed them, and some were cursing, but couldn't do a thing to me....The shame couldn't be wiped off their faces for a long time until they realised I was serious about my racing, and they subsequently let it be....Whenever they see me now they ask me for my F1, and it's all good now that I am getting my FGX , but had I not been someone with a tough character, I would have quit a long time ago !!!!! Guys let the youngsters bring their cars to your tracks without having to be intimidated because they don't have the right chassis. You discourage them that first time, and they will quit for sure !!! Or maybe that's what you guys want !!!
Ok, first of all its 40 get it straight, second once again you create things that were never said. No one ever suggested that newbies aren't welcome, it was suggested that F1 not be sold as an entry level class, because it isn't.
Cant remember fainting on the driver stand , farting occasionally, but never fainting. You should come to Detroit and bring that Nikko, so you can show us how its done.
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #349
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I don't have the Nikko anymore , I am waiting for my FGX to arrive, and after I finish setting it up, I might come to you neck of the hood to show you a few tricks....Make sure everybody is in good shape before I get there: there is nohing worse than having to pickup some 400lbs racer off the ground , and injuring my racing hands...lol...
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #350
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

get your POPCORN! ... PEANUTS! ...
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #351
Tech Master
 
CR0SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: EL Jebel
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

__________________
You know the guy that beat you at the last race? It was not because of his car, or motor, or battery, it is because he was a better driver. Now go practice so you can beat him.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #352
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I don't have the Nikko anymore , I am waiting for my FGX to arrive, and after I finish setting it up, I might come to you neck of the hood to show you a few tricks....Make sure everybody is in good shape before I get there: there is nohing worse than having to pickup some 400lbs racer off the ground , and injuring my racing hands...lol...
I think this thread is well represented with long time F1 races using a variety of different brands from across the county/world. I for one would love to know where your going to race your FGX so I might get the chance to witness your mastery of the remote! Due tell oh RC master, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know!
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #353
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,002
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I even allow lemans to race with the F1s. The AMB was not working, but no one cared

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


I guess if we're just starting out, to attract new blood, run what you brung rules is the best. Too much rules will filter out much needed racers.

Locally our rule is simple. Not smiling on the driver stand is a 1 lap penalty.
__________________
www.rccartips.com
www.f1rccars.com
www.f1rcclub.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #354
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
I even allow lemans to race with the F1s. The AMB was not working, but no one cared

I guess if we're just starting out, to attract new blood, run what you brung rules is the best. Too much rules will filter out much needed racers.

Locally our rule is simple. Not smiling on the driver stand is a 1 lap penalty.
This! I 100% agree with you!
I think F1 is a great way to get into RC racing, and if you put to many rules in you will scare people off!
I like your 1 lap penalty rule to!
FST4RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #355
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,287
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack View Post
I think this thread is well represented with long time F1 races using a variety of different brands from across the county/world. I for one would love to know where your going to race your FGX so I might get the chance to witness your mastery of the remote! Due tell oh RC master, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know!
So cruel
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #356
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The RcMaster never reveals where he trains ! You should know that by now RCAPPRENTICE... It's a Rcshaolin greatest secret !!!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #357
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
The RcMaster never reveals where he trains ! You should know that by now RCAPPRENTICE... It's a Rcshaolin greatest secret !!!!


Well I had you under suspicion but this post sealed the deal. You are clearly a E-thug. You talk like your gods gift to RC but then when asked where you race you get shy. How about you just post your name or link us to some website like Jlap that shows off all your F1 wins?
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #358
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Tonight I took my F104pro to the track without a battery or the right tires but I just wanted to show it to some people since F1 is a new class for Toledo. It was very well received by the few peeps who where there. We did slap a battery in it and try to make a few laps but the rear tires pull up the fibers from the carpet and then its done. I was shocked at how sticky those tires got in such a short time even though they looked like Old worn out tires. I will get me some pits this weekend!
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #359
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I only race during the summer on asphalt, the real F1 racing suface, not the fake carpet surface ! Come on down to Brooklyn next year , I'll show you how it's done....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #360
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

__________________
Exotek F1Ultra Tamiya TRF101 Speed Passion SP1 and Exotek F1UltraX Prototype.
"TexasTC, the single Greatest RCF1 racer I have ever known" - My mom
"you are a disgrace to RC" - everyone else. TCdoesRC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net