Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad? >

F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?

F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
To be a True F1 purist, we need No pan car conversions , no rear solid axles !!! Stop looking at the front end only and concentrate on the whole car: rear independent suspensions only !!! Get a FGX or Nothing !!! If it's not a fgx , it's pan car based ok !!!!!! So no more F103's, F104's, F109's : they are all pan car based buddy !!!
Your right...
Although I think people need to relax about F1 racing. It's a fun class (well it is over here) and we regulary get 12+ cars racing every meet. We race silver cans only, but pretty much every thing else goes. Everyone else runs another car with the F1 being their second car. We have F103, F104, F109, even a Corally turns up. We wouldn't turn away any F1... even if it had IRS.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Unfortunately that would leave only the FGX and the F201 as legal cars while the F103 and F104 platforms are vastly more popular. Yes they are a "pan car" but they are purpose built to look like an F1 car while converted pan cars use the same non-scale suspensions and non-scale wheels/tires which is why those are most often referred to as a pan car or pan car conversion and not the F103 or F104 even though technically the are a pan car.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's possible to have a Purist Class(fgx/F201 2wd) on top of the existing 180mm , 200mm class, and cheater(pan car) class...lol ....
Old 10-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also some people could flame me for my F104Pro...
I run the standard F104Pro front rims and F103 rear rims. The F103 rear rims are much wider, I would run the F103 front rims but they don't fit over the kingpins.
I even have some rear hub converters to run WGT wheels on the rear and some bearings to allow WGT wheels on the front. I measured up my current rims against my WGT car and they are the same width. Haven't used them yet, but keen to try them out sometime and see how they go.
And when your talking about scale I have seen some F109's with some really really small foam wheels that don't look at all scale, so I can't the difference between that and running WGT wheels.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

It's possible to have a Purist Class(fgx/F201 2wd) on top of the existing 180mm , 200mm class, and cheater(pan car) class...lol ....
If you can get enough people sure...but right now we need people for F1 in general...splitting the class up right now may not be a good idea.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

To be a True F1 purist, we need No pan car conversions , no rear solid axles !!! Stop looking at the front end only and concentrate on the whole car: rear independent suspensions only !!! Get a FGX or Nothing !!! If it's not a fgx , it's pan car based ok !!!!!! So no more F103's, F104's, F109's : they are all pan car based buddy !!!
hehe, I get it. zzzzzzz
Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So I dont own this thread, nobody does really. But in watching this and other threads, everywhere you post you are just making noise, no real constructive feedback, just a bunch of disruptive noise.
As far as being a purist, as I stated earlier, I have been running F1 for almost 23 years. I have run every permutation of F1 chassis that Tamiya has made since 1989 and I currently own at least 1 example of each generation chassis including 3 F201's as well as the original Kyosho F1 chassis which by the way was 4 wheel independent suspension. The independent suspension cars are cool, but they are all compromised in their design in the name of scale realism, the new FGX included. I am not saying any of these are bad cars , but they are not designed as true racecars first. The 201 is very cool, but is more of a novelty. If someone wants to bring one out to race, all the power to them, they are very delicate, tricky to work on and parts are in short supply, although I will soon be stocking whatever I can get my hands on.
The reason that a majority of the chassis offered are of a pan car design is that it works, plain and simple. You can package all the necessities underneath a properly proportioned body, they are light, fast , and easy to work on, not to mention very robust.
I probably wouldnt have said anything about your comments, but seeing as we are starting to get some agreement on rules and what not, your rants and raves are hurting more than helping. Good luck with your new toy
Old 10-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I probably wouldnt have said anything about your comments, but seeing as we are starting to get some agreement on rules and what not, your rants and raves are hurting more than helping. Good luck with your new toy
Go to the UserCP menu at the top of the page, choose the Edit Ignore List option and put in the name of anyone annoying.

Cleans the thread up nicely and it suddenly seems a lot calmer in here.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

Bp, you should be the first one in the purist class, and I hope you are not telling me that I need to have 23 years in Rc F1 racing to share my opinion here ! I don't how old you are but, noise , talk , share ideas, right or wrong , is how progress is made in our new world . I purchased my FGX to somewhat stay true to F1, but I still would like to see the new 200mm F1 cars race against the old pan car ones , just as much as a young man like me would race against (old) you !!! OK....
Old 10-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Champion

Cool

To be realistic, tamiya is probably getting ready to release its new 2WD F1 with independent rear suspension, and will discontinue the F104 line, the same way 3racing is slowly dropping the F109 . The truth scares alot of folks here, and is even harder to accept the second time around. It's best to ignore it !!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Champion

It is possible but not likely...Tamiya just released the X1 and brought back some of the F103s...given that plus the overall failure of the F201 I doubt they are even considering a new F1 design. If anything they will probably sit back and see how the FGX does first.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To be realistic, tamiya is probably getting ready to release its new 2WD F1 with independent rear suspension, and will discontinue the F104 line, the same way 3racing is slowly dropping the F109 . The truth scares alot of folks here, and is even harder to accept the second time around. It's best to ignore it !!!!
Originally Posted by InspGadgt
It is possible but not likely...Tamiya just released the X1 and brought back some of the F103s...given that plus the overall failure of the F201 I doubt they are even considering a new F1 design. If anything they will probably sit back and see how the FGX does first.
what inspgadgt says... +1

How can anyone possible know what any big company is doing... the FGX has hardly been out 2minutes, yet people are proclaming the death kneal for other cars. Seriously... don't be so naive.
Bertrand, Just because you believe to be truth from behind your keyboard (and in your mind... which appears to be ever more contradictory!), doesn't make it real. Plus you have made it clear, for some reason, you have a big beef with tamiya.

I wait with interest to see what contradictory statement you spew out next to defend yourself...
Old 10-26-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's good if Tamiya releases an IRS type F1. At least we have new toys to look forward to this Christmas
Old 10-26-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Bp, you should be the first one in the purist class, and I hope you are not telling me that I need to have 23 years in Rc F1 racing to share my opinion here ! I don't how old you are but, noise , talk , share ideas, right or wrong , is how progress is made in our new world . I purchased my FGX to somewhat stay true to F1, but I still would like to see the new 200mm F1 cars race against the old pan car ones , just as much as a young man like me would race against (old) you !!! OK....
Im not suggesting at all that you need 20+ years to post on here, I'm asking you to think about what you post and how you post it. These forums are here for people to offer their ideas and thoughts, and like I said, no one owns this or any other thread. Obviously I'm not the only one that you touched a nerve with. As a suggestion to you , you might want to get your new car built and lay down a few laps before you proclaim an F1 revolution. I have nothing against the FGX, as a matter of fact I look forward to seeing it in person, and hopefully I will be selling them in the near future, but I don't see the current chassis designs going away anytime soon. And if you know anything about Tamiya and their product cycles we have at least another year to year and half with the 104 before we see a new design. You may not like Tamiya for whatever reason, but there is a very good possibility that without them there wouldn't be F1 R/C cars, and I would have a lot of money in my pocket, and a Ferrari in my garage
Old 10-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
When was this? I have yet to see more than 5 F1's on any track in GA in the last 6 years!
If you remember when the series went from here to andys place to B'ham to Chris's track and up through Chattanooga every track counted for the seriesllisting all races and tracks together. Some drivers came later and were down on points and the total # of single entries was 47. I still have the list somewhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.