R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Hypnomagic
In the Market for a 1/12 scale on road car. Which car is the one to go with?

I love onroad racing and saw 1/12 scale racing for the first time this weekend. I know of the cars that are available but wanted to get feedback as to what route to take. I drive an Xray factory for 1/10 carpet racing and need a 1/12 for carpet.

I wanted to get a car that is easy to set up. I am a good driver but if i constantly have to set up the car things dont go so well. I am not a great tech.

All the feedback would be so much appreciated.
Thanks.
Hypnomagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:38 PM   #2
Tech Master

I think the Associated 12l3 or 12l4 are the easist to setup and maintain. They are cheap and parts are available everywhere. And also the aftermarket industry is flooded with hop ups if ya need them.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would take a look at the CRC T-Force car. It comes with the lowered pod plates and a set of tires you can run on carpet.
JJ187RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:59 PM   #4
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default Re: In the Market for a 1/12 scale on road car. Which car is the one to go with?

Billy at www.speedworldraceway.com has the Yokomo MR-4TC Mini 12th scale Mini touring car for $150 and it is a fantastic performer. I have one and it rocks against 10th scale 19 turn and below Tourers if I have a Hot Mod in it( Which I do (D6 9turn flatwire)) It is easy to setup and it brings the fun back into RC. I love mine and have started a little bit of a following.
Hope this helps.
The Xray is too expencive for me and you need too much to get it up and running. The Yok has it all there and a body.

Stephen <><

Quote:
Originally posted by Hypnomagic
I love onroad racing and saw 1/12 scale racing for the first time this weekend. I know of the cars that are available but wanted to get feedback as to what route to take. I drive an Xray factory for 1/10 carpet racing and need a 1/12 for carpet.

I wanted to get a car that is easy to set up. I am a good driver but if i constantly have to set up the car things dont go so well. I am not a great tech.

All the feedback would be so much appreciated.
Thanks.
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:02 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Default clear things up a bit

Just to let you guys know im looking for a 1/12 car like the carpet knife or the L4.

not 1/12 touring.
Thanks guys
Old 11-23-2004, 09:08 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Default Re: clear things up a bit

Quote:
Originally posted by Hypnomagic
Just to let you guys know im looking for a 1/12 car like the carpet knife or the L4.

not 1/12 touring.
Thanks guys
I think almost everyone knew that. The Carpet Knife and Speedmerchant Rev 4 are really good cars for carpet but perhaps a little difficult to get dialed in. If you are just starting out the L4 is a great choice because it works well and you can change it to any number of other types of car with inexpensive conversion kits (PRC Quad 12, IRS Rug Rat, etc)

Check out the 1/12th scale thread on this forum-there is a lot of information for you there.
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:21 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Talking

Thanks alot for your tips I really appreciate it.