R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-24-2004, 06:28 PM   #61
Tech Addict

I would choose the MVP personally.

MVP was my first stock motor then I bought a Monster because everyone said they were the bomb, but it was on average 5sec slower over a race no matter how I tuned it, using the same setup and same batteries.

That 5sec is the difference between me winning and getting 3rd or 4th

Just my $0.02
Old 11-24-2004, 07:59 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Every one is talking about how this motor or that motor is faster. What legally can you do other than the align the brush hoods (tweaked to get the most timing out of it), soft (hi silver) brushes, heavy springs for more power, lighter springs for more RPM, a nice trued com, and a well shimmed arm to make it go better?

I have heard of some people taking a 4-40 (?) tap to the bushings and threading them to make the shaft have less contact area on the bushings along with making sort of an oil reservoir.

If you cut down the com all the way it should make the timing advance....Right? You would get more brush wrap around and in effect get more timing? How small can you cut an arm before the two brushes are touching the same pole on the arm and making a dead short thereby killing your efficiency? Remember you would have to take in to effect how long it takes to charge the pole on the arm and then figure out how much the arm turned in that amount to time to squeeze it for that much more.
Toster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:25 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
i just find it funny..people think that just because a motor builder puts his sticker on the motor it is better.. they all come from trinity/epic.... all they do is build them the right way. ie ream bushings, cut, brushes and springs... any other tweaking is illegal... re balancing arms is not legal either.. but i have heard some companies do it... stock means stock....

you are better of buying a regular old motor. for around 27 bucks.. buying a set of brushes and springs..5 dollars and having someone show u how to build it... u save 8 bucks off retail...

also... once the motor is rebuilt.. ie after 2-5 runs.. the next rebuild is yours.. you may as well peel the sticker off cause all u did was pay for the first few runs on the tuning...
You say this and then I look down at your signature, and I seem to find it to say Team One Racing Motors. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that just kill your whole arguement.
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:29 PM   #64
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

lol @ tc3stocker - good catch my man
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:48 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

thank you
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:37 AM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Actually no it does not.. i dont run for team one.. i know the owner of the comapany.. I only have the sig to help the promote there product... but i also know how team one builds there motors... they are who taught me how to build...so i think i owe them that... but no i do not get motors from team one..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:42 AM   #67
PaZ
Tech Master

CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote