R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #91
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,788
Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Sounds pretty cool are they developing another class for it

New weight?
Motor .5 class?
??????????????
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED // REEDY POWER // BLAST RC
JustWill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #92
Tech Addict
 
hogmansp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berrien Springs MI
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

What are the different handling features between the 2 Black art bodies?

4168 - Black Art - AM "Bomb'R" Lightweight 1/12th Racing body
4167 - Black Art Audi R8C Lightweight 1/12th Racing body
__________________
Losi 22 revtech
Kyosho SC-R Big Bores revtech
hogmansp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #93
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,019
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeadman View Post
today our shop owner made his own using is GenXL and some spare parts. a piece of carbon and a little measuring.

It does fit but there is 0 room for moving the battery forward or rearward with the old chassis and a Futaba 9602 servo. But the RS fits nicely alongside the battery and a receiver on the other.

Looks Pretty cool. had i thought about it I would have taken a pic with my iphone
The GEN XI has a longer chassis then the XL did, so things do fit easier.
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #94
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,019
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae View Post
What about the conversion kit? Is it already out? Does it come with a surprise too?
Both the conversion kit and the full car kit are on the website for preorder. They will be ready very soon!

Only the full car kit comes with the surprise.
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #95
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,019
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOT View Post
New car looks great cant wait till it comes out. Saw the full kit and the conversion kit on the CRC site. About how much will the parts needed to get the conversion kit to where you can mount the shorty pack inline cost...the stand offs, top brace....
The full car kit comes with all the parts needed to go inline.

The conversion kit will require parts to go inline. There will be a parts pack available soon to go along with the conversion for those that want to run the battery inline. However, the car is very fast with the battery in the normal position....
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #96
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,019
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Sounds pretty cool are they developing another class for it

New weight?
Motor .5 class?
Not sure what you are saying here.....

This car will run in all the available 12th scale classes. We ran the car in Vegas, and it was super fast. Yes the car can be run light with the shorty pack, but it can also be brought up to minimum weight.
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #97
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,019
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogmansp View Post
What are the different handling features between the 2 Black art bodies?

4168 - Black Art - AM "Bomb'R" Lightweight 1/12th Racing body
4167 - Black Art Audi R8C Lightweight 1/12th Racing body
The Audi R8C turns like an animal is really is the body of choice in 17.5 and 13.5 classes.

The Bomb R is smoother and has more rear bite than the R8C. It really plants the car. Usually we use this body in faster classes, however I have seen people win races in 17.5 blinky with the Bomb R and people win in 12th mod with the R8C. As a matter of fact Naoto's first 12th scale world championship was won with the R8C.

So I guess it is a matter of choice, and what you like, but that is the general characteristics of the bodies.
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #98
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
The full car kit comes with all the parts needed to go inline.

The conversion kit will require parts to go inline. There will be a parts pack available soon to go along with the conversion for those that want to run the battery inline. However, the car is very fast with the battery in the normal position....
can you list the parts that are needed to convert it inline.
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Last edited by cheehtae; 10-24-2011 at 10:20 AM.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #99
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Double post.
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #100
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
The Audi R8C turns like an animal is really is the body of choice in 17.5 and 13.5 classes.

The Bomb R is smoother and has more rear bite than the R8C. It really plants the car. Usually we use this body in faster classes, however I have seen people win races in 17.5 blinky with the Bomb R and people win in 12th mod with the R8C. As a matter of fact Naoto's first 12th scale world championship was won with the R8C.

So I guess it is a matter of choice, and what you like, but that is the general characteristics of the bodies.
I've been running the R8C all year, and find it to be the most balanced body available for 13.5 & Mod.

I am curious as to why I was the only driver using the R10 at iic in 17.5 blinky.
That body works so perfectly for the lower speeds.
And looks more scale in appearance than all the other modern 12th scale bodies.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #101
Tech Elite
 
strodedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 2,619
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

just ordered today
__________________
Team Whiteknuckle-Jim Mastroddi
TLR 5B-e 8s Futaba/JX/HW/Poseidon RC/SMC
Tekno EB410 Futaba/JX/SMC/SMC/SMC
Dynamite/Grafil/Punched RC/RC Monster/DE racing/Exotek/Protek RC
Dutch Oven Designs/Pro-line/Silverback RC
strodedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #102
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,019
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I've been running the R8C all year, and find it to be the most balanced body available for 13.5 & Mod.

I am curious as to why I was the only driver using the R10 at iic in 17.5 blinky.
That body works so perfectly for the lower speeds.
And looks more scale in appearance than all the other modern 12th scale bodies.
The R10 does actually work well in the slower classes. I think it is one of those things that because alot of racers are "monkey see monkey do", so they will not use it because other people are not using it.
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #103
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,019
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Conversions are shipping today!
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #104
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
Not sure what you are saying here.....

This car will run in all the available 12th scale classes. We ran the car in Vegas, and it was super fast. Yes the car can be run light with the shorty pack, but it can also be brought up to minimum weight.
With there being so many classes I thought that with the shorty pack a new class was being created but I guess you guys will use the new inline car to use regular packs

I thought it was just for stock racing...lol

Later
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #105
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
Conversions are shipping today!
Ordered; but, intend to use it in the standard configuration for the TimeZone II GP.

Longer is better...for me.

Thanks Dumper.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:16 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net