R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
what would i need to upgrade the x to a xi
An Xi conversion kit #3206 $64.99, the inline adapter pieces #3207 $9.99, XL lower podplate #1766 $14.99, a narrow diff hub #4227 $19.99, and if your X is still equipped with the original X style pod, a boxed top plate #1763 $11.99, would complete the conversion.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #542
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I love this car!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #543
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

ttt
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #544
Tech Master

Default shortie batterys

How are those who have switched their cars over to the GenXi configuration with the new inline shortie lipo finding the smaller battery to perform? Irrespective of handling improvements and having the ability to place balast weight anywhere that you might want to, it would sure be good to hear if guys are feeling that the power provided by the shortie lipos is equivelent to the rip that the full size batterys provide. Especially at the end of an 8 minute run, are the cars with shortie lipos staying as strong as the cars that are still running a full size lipo? Oddly, there hasn't been much discussion about this topic on the GenXi tread.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #545
AOD
Tech Regular

I'm running the shorty pack in 13.5NB and have no problem with power or run time. Car keeps getting faster every race and I'm not getting any drop in lap time from lap 1 till the last lap. I keep making gearing and timing changes to push the car faster but I guess I have not hit that wall yet.
AOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #546
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOD View Post
I'm running the shorty pack in 13.5NB and have no problem with power or run time. Car keeps getting faster every race and I'm not getting any drop in lap time from lap 1 till the last lap. I keep making gearing and timing changes to push the car faster but I guess I have not hit that wall yet.
that's great news to hear. Mine will see its first shortie pack racing action next weekend. Hopefully I'll enjoy the same experience as yours.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #547
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW View Post
Good Luck to all of Team CRC @ The Birds', and have a safe trip home!!
CD Wells
Thanks CD.

The team did well with Max winning World GT and strong results in all the other classes.

In World GT, 70% of the field was the CRC Gen-X 10 LE. In the A-main, Max led a ton of laps and took the win. Jari Taskila was 3rd with a bunch of CRC cars in tow. At different points during qualifying, Wynn, Kuenning, Taskila and myself were in the top 3.

In 17.5 1:12, the CRC team did very well. Dave Johnson (2nd) actually ran down the eventual winner, passing him twice only to have a small tap and racing incident cause him to fall back. I qualified 4th and in the 4th round set fast lap and fast last laps. Unfortunately, I hit everything but the lottery that round and did not capitalize on the speed on my Hobbywing powered Gen Xi. Jimmy Piersol put his Xi in the main as well.

In 13.5, Andrew Knapp and Max Kuenning made the A-main in a VERY deep and tough field that included the World Champ Naoto Matsukura. Knapp held TQ after 2 rounds but slipped to forth. In the A-main, Knapp reeled in the leader (Mobers-T.Q.) from his 4th position, clearly taking big chunks of real estate from the leading car only to crash and fall back. Again, Andrew would reel in Mobers and get very close and again crash and lose time. With about 1:30 to go, Andrew had time for one more charge and clearly again made ground, however he ran out of time. A 2nd place finish a solid result for the Gen Xi. To Mober's credit, the old man from Germany taught the kid from Michigan a lesson on how to drive, Marcus did not hit touch a board the entire race. A great job.

In modified 1:12th... early in practice, the mad man Andrew Knapp was wildly fast, running down and passing the World Champ and anyone else who was on the track. With Andrew in his first year in Mod, the kid knows only one speed; full throttle. He won a lot of 13.5 and 17.5 races driving that way, however, ringing the neck of a 3.5 isn't always the fastest way around the track. It is however very exciting to watch. Knapp took a 5th place finish in 1:12th modified with the Gen-Xi and CRC tires. While he did not win this time, the speed and laptimes that he and his CRC car are capable of are quite impressive.

Cool to see CRC batteries in many cars and thanks to our team work with Powerpush batteries, CRC/Powerpush packs were in a LOT of oval cars.

All in all, a good result for the CRC team.

Thanks for all the support.

Frank
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #548
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
Unfortunately, I hit everything but the lottery that round and did not capitalize on the speed on my Hobbywing powered Gen Xi.

Thanks for all the support.

Frank

Thanks for that Frank.

btw, did you see the "young" Team CRC in that 92' 12th Worlds video

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #549
Tech Addict

Default need a little help with my crc xi

new to electric on road. need help with understanding gearing, roll out. this is what i have in the car stock 72 spur gear with a 54 pinion gear running 17.5 rev-tech motor with a hobby wing xerun 1s esc with a rev-tech 6200mah 70c-1s 3.7v lipo battery. what should i true my tire down to. thanks you for any help.also any help with the esc
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #550
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I started building my new Gen Xi today. This is my first ever 1/12th scale car. I realized while checking all the parts bags that the kit was missing bag 8 (axle, left hub, body adjusters, etc.) so I guess I have to call CRC and ask them to send me the parts. Like I said, this is my first 1/12th scale car build. I know I need to supply wheels and tires, a servo saver, and some other stuff, but do I also need to get some steering turnbuckles to make the links? My kit didn't come with those either. If I have to supply them, does anyone have a recommendation of which ones to get? Is there anything else I am missing? Anyone have any building tips? This car will have an Audi R8C body shell, a jr servo, and will be running 17.5 blinky. I'l most likely be running a shorty battery pack in the inline configuration. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #551
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Dumper-Frank-Lambert-Android et al,

Will any of the CRC team be making it to carpet nats this March?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #552
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Dumper-Frank-Lambert-Android et al,

Will any of the CRC team be making it to carpet nats this March?
That's Team CRC members...LOL

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #553
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...i-forsale.html

for sale xi is like brand new and xl is a season old
Colts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #554
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Giving this thread a bump.

Does anyone who was running the Gen Xi at the ROAR Carpet nats several days ago in Dallas have a setup that they would like to share? I'm going to be running my car there in 17.5T blinky when I build it. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #555
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiSean View Post
Giving this thread a bump.

Does anyone who was running the Gen Xi at the ROAR Carpet nats several days ago in Dallas have a setup that they would like to share? I'm going to be running my car there in 17.5T blinky when I build it. Thanks in advance!
This is my setup from there

.55 front springs
30k on kingpin
5 degree blocks
all shims back
long arm and brace
.404 kingpin
servo up
shock all the way back
4mm shim under front of shock
white center spring
30wt oil