R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #511
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Ah well.
Another time Bill

North vs: South to be continued......

btw. Andrew was quick.
That car of his is dialed.
The California Championship Onroad Series...
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #512
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Fortunately we don't actually weigh our cars at the races but I have to ask, has anyone here weighed their ready to run Xi? I just got mine off of the scale after shortening the wires for a cleaner appearance and am sitting at between 658 and 664 grams depending on which set up tires I put on it.

Configuration:
Tekin RS
Single 240mah cell inline with tekin switch
Speed Passion 17.5 1S
JR Z3650
CRC 1S Shorty
KO 408S Receiver
CRC R10 LMP Body
CRC Tires (Re Pink, Fr Magenta)
CRC 16ga wire
Replaced most flathead screws with aluminum (except for on the pod, the 3 at the center pivot and the 4 on the links)
Factory F-Glass whip antenna
MyLaps transponder in holder, wire is still full length.

It seems to me I will be able to change my front/rear weight balance significantly if required to run at the full 730grams.
__________________
John Barr
On-Road: VBC WildFireD08; VBC Lightning10; VBC Lightning12; VBC Lightning10-235mm
Off-Road: Not likely
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #513
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkless View Post
Fortunately we don't actually weigh our cars at the races but I have to ask, has anyone here weighed their ready to run Xi? I just got mine off of the scale after shortening the wires for a cleaner appearance and am sitting at between 658 and 664 grams depending on which set up tires I put on it.

Configuration:
Tekin RS
Single 240mah cell inline with tekin switch
Speed Passion 17.5 1S
JR Z3650
CRC 1S Shorty
KO 408S Receiver
CRC R10 LMP Body
CRC Tires (Re Pink, Fr Magenta)
CRC 16ga wire
Replaced most flathead screws with aluminum (except for on the pod, the 3 at the center pivot and the 4 on the links)
Factory F-Glass whip antenna
MyLaps transponder in holder, wire is still full length.

It seems to me I will be able to change my front/rear weight balance significantly if required to run at the full 730grams.
Your car is that weight because of the shorty pack.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #514
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: France
Posts: 172
Default

what is the thickness of 1/4 crc shim set ?

Thanks
Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #515
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,070
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Picture of my Gen Xi with Hobbywing 1s, shorty lipo (enhanced by Power Push), and Team Scream 17.5.

Ran it last night in 17.5 blinky, not bad


New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....-car-002.jpg
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #516
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
Picture of my Gen Xi with Hobbywing 1s, shorty lipo (enhanced by Power Push), and Team Scream 17.5.

Ran it last night in 17.5 blinky, not bad


Attachment 866582
Really nice wire job

One of the best Xi (Shorty Packs setups) I've ever seen
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #517
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 143
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

.
BIGBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #518
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 143
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
Here are a couple of better pictures of the car that Wiita posted.



What speed control and servo did you use for this configuration?
Looks awesome!!!
BIGBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #519
Tech Regular
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
Picture of my Gen Xi with Hobbywing 1s, shorty lipo (enhanced by Power Push), and Team Scream 17.5.

Ran it last night in 17.5 blinky, not bad


Attachment 866582
What is a push power? Is is like the novak booster?
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #520
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post
What is a push power? Is is like the novak booster?
http://www.powerpushbatteries.com/
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 8 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #521
Tech Regular
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Yeah im on my girlfriends stupid ipad so it wont let me see it...
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #522
Tech Adept
 
rocco987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 218
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Tonight I was able to finish building my Xi. Can't wait to hit the track. Wires around the esc are a bit messy. May spend a bit more time cleaning that up later but for now it will work.
Attached Thumbnails
New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....-photo-3-3.jpg  
__________________
Off Road: TLR 22 2.0
rocco987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #523
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco987 View Post
Tonight I was able to finish building my Xi. Can't wait to hit the track. Wires around the esc are a bit messy. May spend a bit more time cleaning that up later but for now it will work.
Looks good, are you going to shake it down a little tonight so you can race this Sunday?
E
__________________
<
AE 12R5.2 & R6(x2) - TC7.1 convert, F6 - M05 - M05V2R

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #524
Tech Elite
 
KAHUNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ~ Stuck in ~ Maryland ~ For Now
Posts: 2,438
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool Ian is a Tool !

Hey out there do they still make these and where can I find them in stock , cant find them their old school . Frank has them on the site but click on them and no go !

thanks


Team CRC Pan Car Machined Delrin Upper A Arm's 4275
Attached Thumbnails
New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....-arm-crc.jpg  
__________________
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #525
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 32
Default

Flysky receiver?
Currently trying go inline with full size lipo and mod motor 5.0T. Looking forward how it drives
fotko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:28 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net