R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #421
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
A few months ago, Brian Bodine of Slapmaster Tools supplied me with two different sizes of his Thrust Bearing Kits to allow me to use the new 16-ball spur gears on my LE/Xi cars without using any additional spacers. I really like the smoothness of CRC 16-ball spurs combined with Slapmaster Thrust Bearings.

Contact Brian at www.slapmastertools.com for a professional solution to your issue.

Bill
+1 Thrust bearing kit #101 sorts it out straight away. You can pick up Brian's trick red bumper with the order too for a smidge of bling and protection. The protection is for fellows like me who get a bit board happy from time to time. The red bling has been known to shave a miniscule amount off of lap times.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #422
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

SMT #105R..... I use it for full speed T-Bones with confidence. It's great for clearing a lane.
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #423
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Wow, good day huh?
yeah, pretty good day. Built the Exotek tonight. Start the Xi tomorrow.
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #424
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default My Xi is done

This is the Xi I brought from Hong Kong. take me quite some time to finish it with few extra cosmetic upgrades. I tried to put all heavy thing in the center yet trying to balance the car with minimum weight.

I really like the extra spaces in the car that allows me to put my big ESC centered behind the servo.

what I want to see is aluminum servo mount. and the use of hex screw for the 8-32 from end come in stock. but no big deal.
Attached Thumbnails
New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....-p1000231.jpg   New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....-20111218_202641.jpg  
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:22 AM   #425
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you build the diff per the instructions, it should come out smooth every time.

I do not trim anything. I do not sand anything. I build it stock using two 1/4" shims between the diff spacer and the flanged bearing in the outside of the diff hub (as per the instructions). I do not use the lightweight rings, I use the #4202 regular rings. I also grease 8 of the 16 balls on one side of the gear, then do the other 8 on the other side. No extra parts needed, no expensive ceramic stuff, no carbide stuff, just stock parts.

Anytime one of you sees me at a race, feel free to come up and ask for help with the diff if you are struggling with it. Most people make the diff more complicated than it needs to be. Simple=better.

dumper
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #426
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_recliner View Post
+1 Thrust bearing kit #101 sorts it out straight away. You can pick up Brian's trick red bumper with the order too for a smidge of bling and protection. The protection is for fellows like me who get a bit board happy from time to time. The red bling has been known to shave a miniscule amount off of lap times.
There is no shame in running a bumper. Every one of us on the team use one. Most of us use the #3259 small bumper, but we also offer the #3260 "plow blade" full width bumper. These not only help protect the front end, the also help support the body in case of an impact. They weigh so little, it really is foolish to not use one.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #427
Tech Elite

brian, im going to let you off the hook this time, after all it is the christmas season.........

i dont always run bumpers, but when i do, it's to take out the guy qualified in from of me.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #428
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post

i dont always run bumpers, but when i do, it's to take out the guy qualified in from of me.
And most of the time that person is me lol
Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #429
Tech Elite

Quote:
brian, im going to let you off the hook this time, after all it is the christmas season.........

So rather than a bumper, you could call it a "Nash Smasher"?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:

Exactly! Tis the Season. Hope you and yours are doing great this time of year. I already miss racing with you.

I run a bumper for the guy who messes up in front of me. It's just a few grams of insurance.
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #431
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

since im not doing inline im running a front bumper.
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #432
Tech Elite

i prefer the "dirla driver".
hahahahaha.

brian - in for birds and carpet nats. you guys need to come down for our 3 day. april 13-15. flights from portland are cheap on southwest. $127 ea way. $100 each way from seattle.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #433
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

thanks for the info im replace the bearings tonite in the hub and check the axle length if and is sticking out past hub. Just trying get it ready for sat.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #434
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
i prefer the "dirla driver".
hahahahaha..

How did I get caught up in this.... and mario you need a rear bumper not a front one. you don't go fast enough to worry about hitting anything...

I don't run a bumper... makes it easier to chunk the rear tires with the chassis that of the person your punting ...
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #435
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post

I don't run a bumper...
of all the people that need one...........