Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New CRC Gen Xi 12th car..... >

New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

Reply

Old 12-12-2011, 06:55 AM
  #376  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default tweak?

Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Sounds like either toe-out or tweak.

What is your front toe-out? Try the wheels with zero toe.

Do you have a method for determining tweak issues at the front and rear of the car?

Bill
How do you tell if the tweak is in the front or rear??
I have often wondered about that.

Just getting my xl dialed in, made some improvements at our last race-
will not have a track again until after the first of the year.

thanks--srrc
SrRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:30 AM
  #377  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Personally I like alot on the Xi something I didnt run as much on the Xl actual measurement is 3.5mm. Also for myself the droop tends to make it less edgy maybe cause I don't lift but thats me and how I drive.
Yeah, It works well for your "fully-strapped" driving style. You're definitely fast that way.....
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 AM
  #378  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SrRC View Post
How do you tell if the tweak is in the front or rear??
I have often wondered about that.

Just getting my xl dialed in, made some improvements at our last race-
will not have a track again until after the first of the year.

thanks--srrc
http://www.markpayneblog.blogspot.com/

This is a great place to answer that question.
biz77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:46 AM
  #379  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
kingbee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: oHIo
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

ran my Xi inline with the shorty pack this weekend. all i can say is SWEET! it was by far the best handling car i've ever driven. the corner speed was for more than i was used to. very easy car to drive.
kingbee9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 AM
  #380  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Yeah, It works well for your "fully-strapped" driving style. You're definitely fast that way.....
Kenny is definitely fast. I can attest to that on a weekly basis, usually a couple of times each week lol! I feel very lucky to be driving with and learning from him so often.
Cowarn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:05 PM
  #381  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kingbee9 View Post
ran my Xi inline with the shorty pack this weekend. all i can say is SWEET! it was by far the best handling car i've ever driven. the corner speed was for more than i was used to. very easy car to drive.
That is exactly what I thought of mine with the inline shorty setup. I'm hoping with a few minor tweaks to catch to top guy at the track, only off by 6 seconds or so yesterday in my second qualifier....which happened to be the third time I drove the car with this setup.
linkless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
  #382  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
WIITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by linkless View Post
That is exactly what I thought of mine with the inline shorty setup. I'm hoping with a few minor tweaks to catch to top guy at the track, only off by 6 seconds or so yesterday in my second qualifier....which happened to be the third time I drove the car with this setup.
So Now that a lot of guys have the shorty packs. Whats everyone finding that works for them setup wise?
WIITA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:25 PM
  #383  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
kingbee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: oHIo
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WIITA View Post
So Now that a lot of guys have the shorty packs. Whats everyone finding that works for them setup wise?
.50 springs in front
around .5mm droop in front
gold associated center spring
red side springs
.5* camber in front
magenta/magenta
30wt. in the shock
30,000 in the damper tubes
decent amount of pod droop
3.75mm ride height
10* caster with all 3 shims back
30,000 on the king pins

speedo directly in the center of the car in front of the battery. the servo was moved forward, left ear trimmed off and moved to the left bulkhead then shoe-gooed flat. the car was balanced which put the weight on the front tires in the 140-148 gram range

pretty basic setup, nothing special for my car. i have the pod with the shock in the normal position but have the old plate on the left side, the swoopy one to box in the pod.

that's what i ran this weekend on medium grip carpet, it was a new layout that we hadn't run before.

hope that helps you
kingbee9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:58 PM
  #384  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (46)
 
Ray k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,009
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default FYI

False alarm !!! FYI on my new shorty !!

If anybody is using the spring barrel type 4mm connectors ,not the castle solid one . I had some inconsistent charging issues ,because the hole in the battery case is a little undersized .Causing contact problems for charger and car . Simple fix is to ream the plastic out to match the interior connector. Just a little twist of body reamer !
Ray k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:49 PM
  #385  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Toe is set about .01 out and rear tweek is really even. Front is about 1 ounce differenet right being heavier.


Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Sounds like either toe-out or tweak.

What is your front toe-out? Try the wheels with zero toe.

Do you have a method for determining tweak issues at the front and rear of the car?

Bill
Fireball10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:17 PM
  #386  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 78
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

What is the weight difference between the CRC 5600 65c and the new CRC 1s short 4200? Thank you
sstretch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:03 PM
  #387  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sstretch View Post
What is the weight difference between the CRC 5600 65c and the new CRC 1s short 4200? Thank you
The 5600 is a full sized 1s lipo while the 1s shorty is the new small version.
For_the_win is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
  #388  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,289
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post
The 5600 is a full sized 1s lipo while the 1s shorty is the new small version.
Weight, weight, weight...LOL
Still Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 PM
  #389  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Weight, weight, weight...LOL
And 1400 mah......

Hell, I remember when 1400 mah was the maximum capacity of the cells......
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:58 AM
  #390  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
And 1400 mah......

Hell, I remember when 1400 mah was the maximum capacity of the cells......
yeah me too but 1400 mah wont make a difference if the c is around 40
For_the_win is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service