Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New CRC Gen Xi 12th car..... >

New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

Reply

Old 12-08-2011, 12:24 PM
  #361  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Kenny L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post
What size is that .082 drill bit? is it a 1/16?
#46 drill is the one I use got it at true value hardware
Kenny L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:39 PM
  #362  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 238
Default Not a Carpet Knife.........

Originally Posted by haywood View Post
I have been getting reports of an old Carpet Knife beating the new xi shortys up in Dakota last weekend. Are those reports accurate?

The car I ran was a Gen X with a brushless pod, not a Carpet Knife. I just haven't upgraded to the most current stuff, I would like to but the time isn't quite there. It shows how competitive the platform is.



Last edited by flyernemesis; 12-08-2011 at 04:58 PM.
flyernemesis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
  #363  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by flyernemesis View Post
The car I ran was a Gen X with a brushless pod, not a Carpet Knife. I just haven't upgraded to the most current stuff, I would like to but the time isn't quite there. It shows how competitive the platform is.


And how competitive you are as well, Mr. Witteman.
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:54 PM
  #364  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Collins CO
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Kenny, why on all of your setups do you run a quarter of a millimeter lower on the center compared to the front of the car and rear pod?
Bull_Dog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 AM
  #365  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,028
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I think people have forgotten just how good Mitch is.
dumper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:16 AM
  #366  
Tech Addict
 
jasons56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 685
Default

Originally Posted by dumper View Post
I think people have forgotten just how good Mitch is.
Mitch is a sleeper.

I remember once asking him at a Nats how it felt to be competing with the big dogs. And he pointed it out that he had been racing with, and occasionally beating some of them for a long time.

I felt bad for Mitch and out of touch with the scene. Don't know why his skills aren't more widely known?

Mitch, showboat more or something..

Maybe because I haven't seen you throw tantrums, scream, bully officials, or otherwise draw attention to yourself that I didn't notice you rocking the drivers stand?
jasons56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:44 AM
  #367  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Kenny L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bull_Dog View Post
Kenny, why on all of your setups do you run a quarter of a millimeter lower on the center compared to the front of the car and rear pod?
Makes car little less edgy off and on power
Kenny L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:35 AM
  #368  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St Albert AB. CA
Posts: 1,304
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up Re...XL set up

Thanks, Dumper and KennyL, for the prompt response to my Q's. Now please define tons of droop!!!!! also which is the WGT shock end. (there is a short ball end, a long ball end, and a long flanged one)Thanks guys...
THEBIGBULL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:13 AM
  #369  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Makes car little less edgy off and on power
Edginess which can be a symptom of running too much pod droop..... Just saying Bro......
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:34 AM
  #370  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,028
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL View Post
Thanks, Dumper and KennyL, for the prompt response to my Q's. Now please define tons of droop!!!!! also which is the WGT shock end. (there is a short ball end, a long ball end, and a long flanged one)Thanks guys...
I am not a believer in the "tons of droop" theory. I have tested it as have others here at the factory, and 1-2mm of droop of enough. Some of these guys are running a lot of droop and running well with it, but it not something you have to do. Just a different way to set the car up.

dumper
dumper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:53 AM
  #371  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Im close to finishing the kit i think ill have it done today, i just have to do the front end now. but all i can say is they have the best CS ever!!! A screw was messed up from the kit and i called and they are sending me another one with no questions asked!!!

That makes me very happy.
For_the_win is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:24 PM
  #372  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Kenny L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Edginess which can be a symptom of running too much pod droop..... Just saying Bro......
Personally I like alot on the Xi something I didnt run as much on the Xl actual measurement is 3.5mm. Also for myself the droop tends to make it less edgy maybe cause I don't lift but thats me and how I drive.
Kenny L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:18 PM
  #373  
Tech Fanatic
 
RacinJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mesa Az
Posts: 759
Default

Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post
Im close to finishing the kit i think ill have it done today, i just have to do the front end now. but all i can say is they have the best CS ever!!! A screw was messed up from the kit and i called and they are sending me another one with no questions asked!!!

That makes me very happy.
That doesn't surprise me a bit. Frank, Brian and the rest at CRC are great people and huge supporters of the hobby.

Way to go CRC!
RacinJ is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:58 PM
  #374  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 25
Default

First time running the car and road course and it was really fun. I got through the corners well but when I hit the back straight, the car was very edgy(hard to hold it straight). Any ideas?
Thanks,
Fireball
Fireball10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:42 PM
  #375  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,289
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fireball10 View Post
First time running the car and road course and it was really fun. I got through the corners well but when I hit the back straight, the car was very edgy(hard to hold it straight). Any ideas?
Thanks,
Fireball
Sounds like either toe-out or tweak.

What is your front toe-out? Try the wheels with zero toe.

Do you have a method for determining tweak issues at the front and rear of the car?

Bill
Still Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service