New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

You're on Page 25 of 54
Go to
  • Quote: What size is that .082 drill bit? is it a 1/16?
    #46 drill is the one I use got it at true value hardware
  • Not a Carpet Knife.........
    Quote: I have been getting reports of an old Carpet Knife beating the new xi shortys up in Dakota last weekend. Are those reports accurate?

The car I ran was a Gen X with a brushless pod, not a Carpet Knife. I just haven't upgraded to the most current stuff, I would like to but the time isn't quite there. It shows how competitive the platform is.

• Quote: The car I ran was a Gen X with a brushless pod, not a Carpet Knife. I just haven't upgraded to the most current stuff, I would like to but the time isn't quite there. It shows how competitive the platform is.

And how competitive you are as well, Mr. Witteman.
  • Kenny, why on all of your setups do you run a quarter of a millimeter lower on the center compared to the front of the car and rear pod?
  • I think people have forgotten just how good Mitch is.
  • Quote: I think people have forgotten just how good Mitch is.
    Mitch is a sleeper.

I remember once asking him at a Nats how it felt to be competing with the big dogs. And he pointed it out that he had been racing with, and occasionally beating some of them for a long time.

I felt bad for Mitch and out of touch with the scene. Don't know why his skills aren't more widely known?

Mitch, showboat more or something..

Maybe because I haven't seen you throw tantrums, scream, bully officials, or otherwise draw attention to yourself that I didn't notice you rocking the drivers stand?
  • Quote: Kenny, why on all of your setups do you run a quarter of a millimeter lower on the center compared to the front of the car and rear pod?
    Makes car little less edgy off and on power
  • Re...XL set up
    Thanks, Dumper and KennyL, for the prompt response to my Q's. Now please define tons of droop!!!!! also which is the WGT shock end. (there is a short ball end, a long ball end, and a long flanged one)Thanks guys...
  • Quote: Makes car little less edgy off and on power
    Edginess which can be a symptom of running too much pod droop..... Just saying Bro......
  • Quote: Thanks, Dumper and KennyL, for the prompt response to my Q's. Now please define tons of droop!!!!! also which is the WGT shock end. (there is a short ball end, a long ball end, and a long flanged one)Thanks guys...
    I am not a believer in the "tons of droop" theory. I have tested it as have others here at the factory, and 1-2mm of droop of enough. Some of these guys are running a lot of droop and running well with it, but it not something you have to do. Just a different way to set the car up.

dumper
  • Im close to finishing the kit i think ill have it done today, i just have to do the front end now. but all i can say is they have the best CS ever!!! A screw was messed up from the kit and i called and they are sending me another one with no questions asked!!!

That makes me very happy.
  • Quote: Edginess which can be a symptom of running too much pod droop..... Just saying Bro......
    Personally I like alot on the Xi something I didnt run as much on the Xl actual measurement is 3.5mm. Also for myself the droop tends to make it less edgy maybe cause I don't lift but thats me and how I drive.
  • Quote: Im close to finishing the kit i think ill have it done today, i just have to do the front end now. but all i can say is they have the best CS ever!!! A screw was messed up from the kit and i called and they are sending me another one with no questions asked!!!

That makes me very happy.
    That doesn't surprise me a bit. Frank, Brian and the rest at CRC are great people and huge supporters of the hobby.

Way to go CRC!
  • First time running the car and road course and it was really fun. I got through the corners well but when I hit the back straight, the car was very edgy(hard to hold it straight). Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Fireball
  • Quote: First time running the car and road course and it was really fun. I got through the corners well but when I hit the back straight, the car was very edgy(hard to hold it straight). Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Fireball
    Sounds like either toe-out or tweak.

What is your front toe-out? Try the wheels with zero toe.

Do you have a method for determining tweak issues at the front and rear of the car?

Bill