R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #301
Tech Regular
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I cant wait to get one of these!!!!!

I just found an XL and i was going to buy the Xi kit for it. This is going to be better than 1/10 racing.
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #302
Tech Master
 
Weazsel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,459
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

If anyone's interested...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...nd-spares.html
__________________
Michael Garramone

Serpent America l Desoto Racing l Pro-Line l Picco l Arrowmax l TQ Wire
Weazsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #303
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Got the new kit

Although I will not have any chance running RC in near future, I still bought a new XI kit just for the sake of building it after selling my CK 3.2 4 years ago. I got the little surprise added to my kit. I even bought a full set of tools just for it. although it will be built to be almost RTR, it will probably not seeing any tract for really long time.

The new kit is beautifully made. and it got the new steering block that is closer to the pre Gen-X(my driving skill is horrible, I didn't get the Gen X back due to skeptical of the Gen-X Alu steering wheel shaft). I just hope one day CRC will switch to metric hardware. that will make the perfecting car closer to perfection.

I shall post the car once it is complete or maybe a building progress
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #304
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 32
Default

Just ordered kit . What spares should I buy?
fotko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #305
Tech Regular
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker View Post
Although I will not have any chance running RC in near future, I still bought a new XI kit just for the sake of building it after selling my CK 3.2 4 years ago. I got the little surprise added to my kit. I even bought a full set of tools just for it. although it will be built to be almost RTR, it will probably not seeing any tract for really long time.

The new kit is beautifully made. and it got the new steering block that is closer to the pre Gen-X(my driving skill is horrible, I didn't get the Gen X back due to skeptical of the Gen-X Alu steering wheel shaft). I just hope one day CRC will switch to metric hardware. that will make the perfecting car closer to perfection.

I shall post the car once it is complete or maybe a building progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotko View Post
Just ordered kit . What spares should I buy?
Im guessing its you two that sent them out of stock on amain......
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #306
Tech Master
 
Kenny L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotko View Post
Just ordered kit . What spares should I buy?
I would get
Hop ups :
Angled servo mounts : CLN1715
Bag of red low roll pivot balls : CLN13615 ( to be used on steering block with angled mount)
Center spring set : CLN3299

Spares :
One set of extra front end plastics ( Arms CLN3247,Pivot balls CLN3246 Steering CLN3221 ,and Caster blocks CLN3243)
Bearings ( Front axles CLN1248, Rear axle CLN1386)
__________________
Team Tekin, Ko Propo America
Kenny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #307
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post
Im guessing its you two that sent them out of stock on amain......
EXACTLY
Kenny thanks
fotko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #308
Tech Elite
 
MAD916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: La Center Seca
Posts: 3,117
Default

instock at Timezonehobbies.com

sorry shamless plug
__________________
Timezone Raceway Park " on-road outdoor european style road course.
Timezone II 60'x100' indoor carpet track. Host of the ROAR 2011 Carpet Nat's.
Timezonehobbies.com your new source for online RC products.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #309
Tech Regular
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotko View Post
EXACTLY
Kenny thanks
BOO ON YOU!!!!

Its okay, i just went to my LHS and they ordered me one its 10 bucks off and it will be here saturday or monday. so
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #310
Tech Master
 
wingman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tewkesbury, UK via Plymouth, UK.
Posts: 1,259
Default

Ok, so here in the UK, over a national weekend, we run 10.5 on the Saturday (4 qualy's and a final) and then mod on the Sunday (same 4 qualy's and a final). I have already built up a Gen Xi conversion kit that I will be using as the 10.5 car, and am waiting for another full Xi kit to arrive to build into a mod car. So, my question is this, how should I go about setting each car up for each class?! Short arms on the 10.5 car, long arms on the mod car?? If so, why?? If anyone would like to give me a good start point for both cars, and the reasoning behind it, that would be awesome! Cheers, Chris.
__________________
Sponsored by CML Distribution - http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #311
Tech Regular
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman2 View Post
Ok, so here in the UK, over a national weekend, we run 10.5 on the Saturday (4 qualy's and a final) and then mod on the Sunday (same 4 qualy's and a final). I have already built up a Gen Xi conversion kit that I will be using as the 10.5 car, and am waiting for another full Xi kit to arrive to build into a mod car. So, my question is this, how should I go about setting each car up for each class?! Short arms on the 10.5 car, long arms on the mod car?? If so, why?? If anyone would like to give me a good start point for both cars, and the reasoning behind it, that would be awesome! Cheers, Chris.
Im going to give this a try since im new to the pan car thing.

Short arms on the 10.5 im guess your not running boost, and for the mod if your running boost then the longer arms will give you more stability
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #312
Tech Master
 
WIITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,590
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Stock setup
CRC Gen-Xi
Body: CRC Black Art Audi R8C
Front Tires: Crc magenta 41 mm glued face
Rear Tires: Crc yellow 42 mm
Batteries: inline
Front springs: .55
Caster: 5 degrees with shims 1 forward two back
Camber: 1 degree
Side springs: whites 2 from all way out & tweaked
Center shock spring: green
Center shock oil: 30wt
Dampner oil: Losi 20000
Front ride height: 3.75mm
Rear ride height: 3.75mm
Center ride height: 3.5mm
droop: tons use wgt shock end
Angled mount for servo

Superstock
CRC Gen-Xi
Body: CRC Black Art Audi R8C
Front Tires: Crc magenta 40.75mm glued face
Rear Tires: Crc Grey low 42 mm
Batteries: inline
Front H Brace
Front springs: .50
Caster: 10 degrees with shims 1 forward two back
Camber: 1/2 degree
Side springs: whites 2 from all way out & tweaked
Center shock spring: red
Center shock oil: 30wt
Dampner oil: Losi 50000
Front ride height: 3.5mm
Rear ride height: 3.5mm
Center ride height: 3.25mm
droop: tons use wgt shock end
Angled mount for servo
Thanks a lot kenny! Really appreciate you sharing. Just 2 curious questions. Why the 20k for that higher grip and not higher like 50k? and why .55 springs and not .50? Just really curious about trying different things and how things work on the car and its nice to hear it from a top driver. Any info is much appreciated.
__________________
Team CRC / Sanwa / Team scream / Genesis RC / Hobbywing / TQ Wire / Schelle / MIP / RC^2 / TEKNO / BoomRC
WIITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #313
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

What's the little bonus and how do we know if we got one?
__________________
John Barr
On-Road: VBC WildFireD08; VBC Lightning10; VBC Lightning12; VBC Lightning10-235mm
Off-Road: Not likely
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #314
Tech Regular
 
For_the_win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa,Fl
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkless View Post
What's the little bonus and how do we know if we got one?
The little bonus is to run shorty packs. And if you got the kit it should say.
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #315
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post
Im guessing its you two that sent them out of stock on amain......
No No No, I am traveling in Hong Kong, I bought it off LHS there
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:32 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net