Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I got to drive my Xi lastnight and while the race outcome was less than ideal (I will cover that more later, lol!), the car blew me away.

I was astonished to find that it was actually more nimble than my XL was. I have a permanent track I drive on so it allows me to get a good comparison to the differences between the chassis. Being a longer chassis I expected it to be lazy and unstable in the chicane. Big NOPE there! It was actually faster to respond off center than my XL was and blasted through the chicane with ease. It actually felt more stable going through the chicane than my XL did.

I KNEW having the battery in a TRUE inline configuration was going to be good...but it blew me away at how stable and nimble this car is.

The racing outcome was less than ideal, and not due to the performance of the car. In fact, I got to give the new front end a gnarly bearing blaster test. LOL! So here I am, 1min into the race and was leading it with a good margin from the tone. Was clean the whole way and getting deeply in the zone. Made it through the infield and came onto the short straight in front of the drivers stand approaching the bus turn. For starters, anyone watching that race got to see how I enter that turn....full wick and strapped. Because you see my steering servo decided it was done turning and never even tried to respond to my input. As ballistic as a 17.5 blinky can be....I covered the 15ft distance from corner entry to the wall and hit it with such velocity that my car actually rebounded back about 12ft! Race done for the night.

Got back to the pits, my servo was completely frozen, still powered and 'working' as you could apply torque to the wheels by hand and hear the servo responding with the usual 'binding' buzz. Just did not respond in any way to steering input. Somehow I toasted that one. BUT, the only thing I did to my car....bound up the rear pod ofcourse and stripped my spur gear due to the motor slipping in the mount. Didn't blow out front bearings!!!

Love this car and can't wait to get some more time with it tomorrow and Donny's!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

the more i read this thread the more im pumped for this car. just got into 12th scale and its by far the funnest onroad racing ive done so far. now thats outa the way i was drooling over the kit on crc's webpage and saw that they have new front end braces for the x series chassis including the xi. will this brace make it so that a standard 1s pack would work inline without electronics off to the side of the battery? or am i getting confused/mixed up with the braces for the 10th scale kits.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I apologize if this has already been asked: but I was on the CRC site and I found the XI car but not the "shorty" 1s pack or the adapter that allows you to use it. Are they available yet? Did I miss something on the CRC site?

If I were to get this car, I want the "shorty" pack and the adapter.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

As stated earlier, the inline parts are included if you buy the car and I confirmed this when my car showed up. It is not included if you buy the upgrade from xl to xi. I believe the batteries are not available yet but I'm anxiously waiting.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Champs is only few days away car is work very good
this is what I'm rolling into champs with
CRC Gen-Xi
Body: CRC Black Art Audi R8C
Front Tires: Crc magenta 41mm glued face
Rear Tires: Crc Yellow 42mm
Batteries: inline
Front springs: .50
Caster: 10 degrees with shims 1 forward two back
Side springs: whites 2 1/2 from all way out & tweaked
Center shock spring: green
Center shock oil: 30wt
Dampner oil: Losi 50000
Front ride height: 3.75mm
Rear ride height: 3.75mm
Center ride height: 3.5mm
droop: tons use wgt shock end
Angled mount for servo
Old 11-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Kenny, sounds like you got this thing zero'ed in. "tons of droop" as in does the rear end look like the shock fell off or somewhere about -5mm? What was the feeling difference between the flat vs angled servo? Or did it just show up in the lap times?

I just finally finished out one of my two in Xi inline format with flat servo ready to rock the Hanger Wed night. We had a good weekend with Frank out at Timezone for the GP. He so much fun, he stayed an extra day just to turn laps (I think it was because his phone wouldn't ring there!) I ran a crossed pack angle mounted servo Xi and I was pretty happy with it.

Brian
Old 11-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenny L
CRC Gen-Xi
Angled mount for servo

Funny, that's pretty close to what I ran at our trophy race a week ago with my XL in boosted 13.5

I ran about .5 mm larger all around, about .25 mm lower all around, and was using pink rears. I'm not sure what a green spring is but I was running an AE blue with 350 cst xray oil (same cst as AE 30wt). I should have tried the extra droop you're running. There was a couple little bumps that the extra droop would have very likely tamed.

Go get em Clambert
Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Kenny, sounds like you got this thing zero'ed in. "tons of droop" as in does the rear end look like the shock fell off or somewhere about -5mm? What was the feeling difference between the flat vs angled servo? Or did it just show up in the lap times?

I just finally finished out one of my two in Xi inline format with flat servo ready to rock the Hanger Wed night. We had a good weekend with Frank out at Timezone for the GP. He so much fun, he stayed an extra day just to turn laps (I think it was because his phone wouldn't ring there!) I ran a crossed pack angle mounted servo Xi and I was pretty happy with it.

Brian
Yeah looks broke . I've run flat mount servos on just about every other 12th I've run till CRC ,and have always liked the cars that I've run angled more. So it is something I have to say is more a feel thing which ever you like better.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default question for Kenny

Originally Posted by Kenny L
CRC Gen-Xi
Angled mount for servo
Kenny,
thanks for the setup recommendations. They are very helpful. A quick question......are your side springs just touching the graphite?, a little preloaded?, or are they perhaps slightly above the graphite and allowing a little bit of float in the pod?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vafactor
Kenny,
thanks for the setup recommendations. They are very helpful. A quick question......are your side springs just touching the graphite?, a little preloaded?, or are they perhaps slightly above the graphite and allowing a little bit of float in the pod?
A little preloaded
Old 11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Funny, that's pretty close to what I ran at our trophy race a week ago with my XL in boosted 13.5

I ran about .5 mm larger all around, about .25 mm lower all around, and was using pink rears. I'm not sure what a green spring is but I was running an AE blue with 350 cst xray oil (same cst as AE 30wt). I should have tried the extra droop you're running. There was a couple little bumps that the extra droop would have very likely tamed.

Go get em Clambert
Andrew,
When are you getting Xi?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does any one know if you will still be able to mount the ESC in the center of the car with the shorty pack and inline setup?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I have one built now. The car arrived the first day of qualifying. If I weren't visiting the doctor twice this week I'd be at the track testing over my Thanksgiving break. Sick sucks.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGBOT
Does any one know if you will still be able to mount the ESC in the center of the car with the shorty pack and inline setup?
Yes you can. Our testing was done in that format.

Shorty packs are close!!!
Expect a press release soon......
Old 11-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
Yes you can. Our testing was done in that format.

Shorty packs are close!!!
Expect a press release soon......
In this format can the battery be moved back and forward to adjust weight bias?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.