R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2011, 07:46 AM   #211
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Gonna pull the trigger on this car today any hop up parts or spare parts I should pick up as well?

Thanks
Applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #212
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
Gonna pull the trigger on this car today any hop up parts or spare parts I should pick up as well?

Thanks
I would get
Hop ups :
Angled servo mounts : CLN1715
Bag of red low roll pivot balls : CLN13615 ( to be used on steering block with angled mount)
Center spring set : CLN3299

Spares :
One set of extra front end plastics ( Arms CLN3247,Pivot balls CLN3246 Steering CLN3221 ,and Caster blocks CLN3243)
Bearings ( Front axles CLN1248, Rear axle CLN1386)
Old 11-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #213
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Craig
Default setup help

This is my first year running 1/12 scale, running a Gen XL and before I order the new chassis, I need to get this chassis dialed in. I need the car to rotate faster,seems like i have to wait a split second before I can get back on the throttle or it pushes out of the groove. My fast lap time is a 10.1 and Tq is 9.8 and watching his car it seems to rotate very fast. We all run the same compound tire so that isn't the difference. My off power steering seems fine, its on power that needs help or getting the car to rotate better.
Car setup
.50 springs front
Parma Blacks
Red center spring
30wt shock oil
White side springs
5K damper fluid
Yellow rears
Any thing else you guys need to know? Thanks for help. I am not sure why in the many years of running touring cars I never tried 1/12 but its a blast other then my feet start to hurt after 8 minutes for some reason.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #214
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
This is my first year running 1/12 scale, running a Gen XL and before I order the new chassis, I need to get this chassis dialed in. I need the car to rotate faster,seems like i have to wait a split second before I can get back on the throttle or it pushes out of the groove. My fast lap time is a 10.1 and Tq is 9.8 and watching his car it seems to rotate very fast. We all run the same compound tire so that isn't the difference. My off power steering seems fine, its on power that needs help or getting the car to rotate better.
Car setup
.50 springs front
Parma Blacks
Red center spring
30wt shock oil
White side springs
5K damper fluid
Yellow rears
Any thing else you guys need to know? Thanks for help. I am not sure why in the many years of running touring cars I never tried 1/12 but its a blast other then my feet start to hurt after 8 minutes for some reason.
I believe crc makes other castor blocks. 0', 5', 10' Which one's are you using?

Old 11-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #215
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Car setup
.50 springs front
Parma Blacks
Red center spring
30wt shock oil
White side springs
5K damper fluid
Yellow rears
Without seeing your tweak or track width, I will assume they are fine. The only thing I see wrong with your setup is the damper fluid at 5k. That is way too light IMHO. Lowest I run is 20k, and usually if I have to go that low it means my side springs are too stiff. I would suggest 30k in the damper links, you might even be happy with 50k.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #216
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowarn View Post
The only thing I see wrong with your setup is the damper fluid at 5k. That is way too light IMHO.
+1 on that

I personally run a windtunnel green #3 fluid which i believe is about a 25 or 30,000wt oil.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #217
Tech Apprentice

Keep in mind, going from 5k to 30k is going to make your car REALLY want to turn, so you may also have to back down your dual rate some...but that is also a good thing.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #218
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
I believe crc makes other castor blocks. 0', 5', 10' Which one's are you using?

I am running the 5 degree blocks. I will try some 20k-30k next. What springs ? Same?
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #219
Tech Apprentice

Wouldn't change anything on your setup right now until you tried the 30k. I run the 5 degree blocks, pretty much the same setup you have minus the super thin damper fluid. I promise you will be shocked at how much more your car will turn with that simple change.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #220
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys

I am running a CRC GenXL and am after some help

In my sidetubes i am running diff lube as my mate recomended it but i feel like i am missing steering corner in

I have also the Corally soft and hard lubes , what thickness are these ???

Thanks Phil
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #221
Tech Apprentice

Well I just pulled the trigger on upgrading one of my rides. My 13.5 boosted XL will have to wait....so says the wife lol! But I should be on the new chassis by the weekend!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #222
Tech Apprentice

Order # 6116 Order Date: 11/15/2011

OMG what is taking UPS so long!!! Seriously!!! I ordered this like 2 minutes ago........*takes a strong look at the empty coffee pot and notes it is 2am*.....
Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 AM   #223
Tech Initiate

Hello everyone,

Kenny,

Could you explain what the benefits are of using an angled servo compare to a layed down one?

Could you also explain the difference between running the long and short upper arms?

I am running boosted 10.5, would you recommend using the inline lipo for that class on the Xi? Do you have a pic of your car for modified class?

Thanks.
Jeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #224
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Car setup
.50 springs front
Parma Blacks
Red center spring
30wt shock oil
White side springs
5K damper fluid
Yellow rears
How much pod droop are you running?
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 AM   #225
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeppi View Post
Hello everyone,

Kenny,

Could you explain what the benefits are of using an angled servo compare to a layed down one?

Could you also explain the difference between running the long and short upper arms?

I am running boosted 10.5, would you recommend using the inline lipo for that class on the Xi? Do you have a pic of your car for modified class?

Thanks.

I find the angled mounts are a little smoother which lets me get away with running car more aggressive. Long arms will smooth turn in and give you more mid to exit steering is reason alot of mod drivers use them.