R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2007, 06:41 AM   #1456
Tech Addict
 
proceed5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: KL
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH
on an added note, reading through some of the other battery charging threads here, it seems that its not a good idea to run fans while charging my batts. i live in a hot, humid and tropical country so afternoons can get pretty nasty especially during the summer. would it still be a good idea to run fans while charging my IB4200s? Says it increases internal resistance of the bats. I'm currently set at 6A @ 6mV delta. Or should i run the fan blowing away from the battery instead?

Thanks!
Hi VoodooPH,
The muchmore HeatsinkII which connects to the CTXC's output ports are good for hot and humid weather conditions. There are 6 fans on the HeatsinkII placed 3 above and 3 below the Aluminum heatsink, all blowing outwards direction.
I have been using these HeatsinkII's on both my CTXC's each time I charge. Cheers.
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #1457
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

hi proceed5,

thanks for the tip. noticed your fans are blowing away from the batt... maybe that's what i'm doing wrong (i have a pair of 80mm fans blowing at the batts during charge). i'll try to get a heatsink for better heat dissipation (looking at the Atlas heatsink that doubles as a battery soldering jig). btw, what temp does your batts peak at?
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #1458
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 210
Default

I bought one of those Battery HeatSink2 dealies also.. not impressed with the price.. but very impressed at how quickly it brings battery temps down.
mcgmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:48 PM   #1459
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Bay
Posts: 485
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Hello All,

Just looking to buy a used (but good condition) CTX-C. Anyone selling? If so how much? send me a pm.

Cheerz
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #1460
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,764
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Check the F/S trade section here. I have seen a couple go for around $130.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 4.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #1461
Tech Addict
 
proceed5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: KL
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH
hi proceed5,
thanks for the tip. noticed your fans are blowing away from the batt... maybe that's what i'm doing wrong (i have a pair of 80mm fans blowing at the batts during charge). i'll try to get a heatsink for better heat dissipation (looking at the Atlas heatsink that doubles as a battery soldering jig). btw, what temp does your batts peak at?
Hi VooDooPH,
Yes correct, The HeatsinkII's fans standard from the factory blows away from battery. Generally, my batteries peaks at 42C-46C. Cut off Temp 48C. Fan starts 40C.
Suggest you purchase the Muchmore HeatsinkII. The HeatsinkII is effective & dissipates heat fast, plugs straight into the Cell Master Charger and allows pre-set operating parameters.
As for other types/brands, no doubt the fans works, but fans are On all the time, whereas the HeatsinkII will operate at the Temp Start programmed n controlled by the CTXCharger.
Cheers
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:39 AM   #1463
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

Li-Po charging on the CTX...


was able to get a VRX Stylus bat pack for the M8. Its 800mah and 3-cell. Do I just punch in "3 cell" and charge at .8A? The CTX will know when the pack is full and will shut down on its own?

asking the questions coz i noticed the li-po charging feature doesnt have the other set parameters available to NICD and NIMH charging.

Thanks!
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:44 AM   #1464
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proceed5
Hi VooDooPH,
Yes correct, The HeatsinkII's fans standard from the factory blows away from battery. Generally, my batteries peaks at 42C-46C. Cut off Temp 48C. Fan starts 40C.
Suggest you purchase the Muchmore HeatsinkII. The HeatsinkII is effective & dissipates heat fast, plugs straight into the Cell Master Charger and allows pre-set operating parameters.
As for other types/brands, no doubt the fans works, but fans are On all the time, whereas the HeatsinkII will operate at the Temp Start programmed n controlled by the CTXCharger.
Cheers

was able to get an Atlas heatsink with fan (doubles as a battery jig which i find neat ). But the fans blow at the heatsink not away from it. I'm thinking this is fine since the air from the fans don't hit the batteries in any way anyway.

was also able to make a make-shift connector for the side terminal with old female servo connectors. now i can set the fans to go on a specified temp (right now set at 45 with cutoff at 50).

the combo is good alternative to the MM HeatSink II, imho. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my hands on the MM stuff (all for the love of bling) but I have a wedding to save up for.
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #1465
Tech Fanatic
 
Nexus Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH
Li-Po charging on the CTX...


was able to get a VRX Stylus bat pack for the M8. Its 800mah and 3-cell. Do I just punch in "3 cell" and charge at .8A? The CTX will know when the pack is full and will shut down on its own?

asking the questions coz i noticed the li-po charging feature doesnt have the other set parameters available to NICD and NIMH charging.

Thanks!
Yes, .8A and 3cell is all you need to input, and it will safely charge your pack.
__________________
NEXUSRACING.com
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #1466
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Yes, .8A and 3cell is all you need to input, and it will safely charge your pack.
ok. thanks! tried it but it says ".7A" when charging (eventhough i entered ".8A")... is this normal?
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:51 AM   #1467
Tech Addict
 
proceed5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: KL
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH
was able to get an Atlas heatsink with fan (doubles as a battery jig which i find neat ). But the fans blow at the heatsink not away from it. I'm thinking this is fine since the air from the fans don't hit the batteries in any way anyway.

was also able to make a make-shift connector for the side terminal with old female servo connectors. now i can set the fans to go on a specified temp (right now set at 45 with cutoff at 50).

the combo is good alternative to the MM HeatSink II, imho. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my hands on the MM stuff (all for the love of bling) but I have a wedding to save up for.
Great VooDooPH, great to hear that you have found an alternative that works.
Maybe you can try re-configuring your Atlas Heatsinks' Fans positions so that it blows away from the battery (that is, if you like the idea).
Yupe, I understand very well what's its like to charge under Hot and Humid weather situations.
Cheers & good luck
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:26 PM   #1468
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,502
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone tell me the RPM of the fans in the cellmaster?
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #1469
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proceed5
Great VooDooPH, great to hear that you have found an alternative that works.
Maybe you can try re-configuring your Atlas Heatsinks' Fans positions so that it blows away from the battery (that is, if you like the idea).
Yupe, I understand very well what's its like to charge under Hot and Humid weather situations.
Cheers & good luck

tried them out during the club race yesterday. early in the day (we started racing a bit after noon), and my packs were temp cutting at around 4400mah (on IB4200WCs, 50deg temp cutoff). with 3 packs, i started with 45deg as the trigger point for the fans. then 42deg, then 40deg. it was only the last pack that didn't temp cut (peaked at 4600mah, 3mV) but it was late in the afternoon already with the temperature much lower). i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the temp wasn't too high and that i didn't damage my cells... they're kinda new.
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:45 AM   #1470
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 262
Default Fan RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Can anyone tell me the RPM of the fans in the cellmaster?
Hi,

The fans in the CM are 12,000rpm at 12V.

Thanks,
keithander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS/FT: TEAM MUCH MORE Motor Master & Cell Master litespeed-dom R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 06-15-2006 08:44 PM
Team Orion Advantage w/ LiPo or Team Much More Cell master? RH Customs Electric On-Road 6 04-06-2006 06:05 PM
Team Much More Cell Master FRP R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 01-25-2006 03:04 PM
Team Much More Racing CTX Cell Master and CTX Motor Master letitroll R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 11-18-2005 11:25 AM
Team Orion Advantage or Team Much More Cell Master charger alana07 Electric On-Road 1 12-18-2004 05:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:29 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net