R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-29-2006, 12:31 AM   #1426
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcharger
Im hoping soomeone can help me out, I acquired a tekin titan esc and there is an extra wire coming out of the front where the receiver wires come out. I have the manual and it doesnt mention the wire. Anyone know?
FET Servo wire???
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:46 AM   #1427
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcharger
Im hoping soomeone can help me out, I acquired a tekin titan esc and there is an extra wire coming out of the front where the receiver wires come out. I have the manual and it doesnt mention the wire. Anyone know?
Wrong thread but its probably a FET servo wire, needed for servos that require 7.2v to operate. You can make sure of this by taking a multimeter, measuring between that wire and the negative wire coming off the servo or the battery. (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #1428
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngo8
if youre charging 4200 WC cells start at 6 amps at 06 deltapeak temp cut off 48c mah at 5000 and you will be ok but before you charge youre pack make sure you equalize them 0.9v per cell and you are set .
i'm have the SHV cell's
at what rate should i charge them ?
freekthefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #1429
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Temp Charging

I've read the manual but must be doing something wrong anyway. What I really want to do is temp charge at 6 amps until the batteries reach 45 degrees C. As I understand it, that can only be done in CTX mode.

I've set step 1 to charge at 6 amps for 100 mA, step 2 to charge at 6 amps for 150 mA and originally set the temp cut-off and the voltage cut-off to 45 degrees F and 0.03 respectively.

With those settings, the charge cut off by the peak detect with a temp reading of well below 45 degrees C. So, over the coarse of the day I moved the peak detect up to 0.14 in an attempt to achieve a temp cut-off. When I got to 0.14, the unit continued to charge even after 45 degrees C was surpassed.

What am I doing wrong? As I said, all I want to do is charge my packs until the temp reading is 45 degrees C. If it matters, all of the packs are 6-cell and all were discharged to 5.4 volts prior to starting the charge. Thanks.
Stroker Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #1430
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

is there a way to adjust how bright the back-lite display on the MM -ctx charger ?
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:17 PM   #1431
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Ace
I've read the manual but must be doing something wrong anyway. What I really want to do is temp charge at 6 amps until the batteries reach 45 degrees C. As I understand it, that can only be done in CTX mode.

I've set step 1 to charge at 6 amps for 100 mA, step 2 to charge at 6 amps for 150 mA and originally set the temp cut-off and the voltage cut-off to 45 degrees F and 0.03 respectively.

With those settings, the charge cut off by the peak detect with a temp reading of well below 45 degrees C. So, over the coarse of the day I moved the peak detect up to 0.14 in an attempt to achieve a temp cut-off. When I got to 0.14, the unit continued to charge even after 45 degrees C was surpassed.

What am I doing wrong? As I said, all I want to do is charge my packs until the temp reading is 45 degrees C. If it matters, all of the packs are 6-cell and all were discharged to 5.4 volts prior to starting the charge. Thanks.
CTX charge is not neccessary to do this. All you have to do is initiate a regular "peak charge" (linear charge) at 6 amps, turn the delta peak all the way up (99 I believe), and set the temp cut to 45 deg .
Old 12-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #1432
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC
is there a way to adjust how bright the back-lite display on the MM -ctx charger ?
No.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #1433
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngo8
hey man order from nexus beacuse if you get youre muchmore stuff form overseas and it breaks they wont service youre stuff here in north america for some reason , i know its cheaper from hong kong but buy youre muchmore stuff from here you will thank me in the long run plus arun from nexus is an awesome guy .
I got a used ctxd from here on R/C tech swap and sell how do i tell if was sold in the US or over seas. Let me know it needs to be sent in for repair.
gotyournumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #1434
Tech Initiate

Thanks Nexus, works just like it's supposed to.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:31 AM   #1435
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotyournumber
I got a used ctxd from here on R/C tech swap and sell how do i tell if was sold in the US or over seas. Let me know it needs to be sent in for repair.
If it is a US unit, then it will have a silver sticker on it indicating so.

Sometimes we have also noticed different languages on the internal components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Ace
Thanks Nexus, works just like it's supposed to.
No problem .
Old 12-30-2006, 01:22 AM   #1436
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun
If it is a US unit, then it will have a silver sticker on it indicating so.

Sometimes we have also noticed different languages on the internal components.

No problem .
great mine has that sticker.
gotyournumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #1437
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default lithium charging

Can someone provide the charging specs in the lithium mode?

I understand that there is a 1 amp limit (I'm only using this for tranmitter packs) but my Cell Master appears to limit the current as the cells reach capacity; down to .1 and .2 amp as I approach 12.3V on a 3-cell pack; what I assume to be the voltage cut on a 3-cell pack.

Is this "ramp down" normal in the lithium mode or does my charger require service?

Thanks,
Ralph
ralph m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #1438
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph m
Can someone provide the charging specs in the lithium mode?

I understand that there is a 1 amp limit (I'm only using this for tranmitter packs) but my Cell Master appears to limit the current as the cells reach capacity; down to .1 and .2 amp as I approach 12.3V on a 3-cell pack; what I assume to be the voltage cut on a 3-cell pack.

Is this "ramp down" normal in the lithium mode or does my charger require service?

Thanks,
Ralph

The Team Orion Advantage charger does the same. At least on that charger it is supposed to be that way according to the manual...
Old 12-31-2006, 11:58 AM   #1439
Tech Initiate

Default Charge Error

I just had a charge terminate, the blue light is blinking twice per second and there is a message that says SUP on top row just to the left of the charge capacity number. What does SUP mean? Thanks.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #1440
Tech Adept

sorry to dig up an old thread....

But i am trying some different things with my IB4200s.

Like on the SMC website they say to charge 4cell with a 5mv cut off per cell 20mv in total (0.02v delta peak) and for some reason i can't set the charger to 0.02, it either goes 0.00, then jumps to 0.03v, can anyone see if their cellmaster does this? as it is quite annoying
drivingpro is offline   Reply With Quote