Team Much-More cell master v1

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ngo8
use 5000 mah cutoff
just 5000mah cut off ?
so the cells reach there peak ?

because with my old 4200 packs they sometimes started venting when they reached more than 4200mah.

and what is better to cool the cells bij vents. or go for temp cut-off ?

greets.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by freekthefreak
just 5000mah cut off ?
so the cells reach there peak ?

because with my old 4200 packs they sometimes started venting when they reached more than 4200mah.

and what is better to cool the cells bij vents. or go for temp cut-off ?

greets.
Set the capacity cutoff very high so that the charger will cut due to either delta peak or temperature. If you set the capacity cutoff at 4200, the battery will cutoff at 4200 and not get a full charge.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Set the capacity cutoff very high so that the charger will cut due to either delta peak or temperature. If you set the capacity cutoff at 4200, the battery will cutoff at 4200 and not get a full charge.
ok, will do.

and how about the temp ? with of without fans ?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello All,

I'm in the market for a 2nd charger and saw the CTX cell master limited ver.2 Marc Riehnard edition. I had a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. Is this a current charger or should I wait for something new; how long has it been out?

2. In the near future I want to get a Lipo, is this charger a good choice for lipo batteries?

3. New battery technology is always on the rise; Is the CTX cell master software user or factory updatable for when new cells and new charging methods are required?

4. Lastly, can anyone recommend a place to buy one for an enexpensive price?

Thanks everyone.

Happy Holidays
Old 12-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

1. The Marc Reinhard edition charger hasn't been out for that long, so I would consider it current.
2. This is not a good charger for Lithium batteries, as it only does a 1 amp charge.
3. As of now, there have been no software updates to the charger. This is a great charger for the current line of NiMH cells (ie: IB 3800, 4200, GP 3700, 4300 ect.)
4. Probably the best place to get a Cell Master would be from Nexus Racing
Old 12-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freekthefreak
ok, will do.

and how about the temp ? with of without fans ?
if youre charging 4200 WC cells start at 6 amps at 06 deltapeak temp cut off 48c mah at 5000 and you will be ok but before you charge youre pack make sure you equalize them 0.9v per cell and you are set .
Old 12-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Hello everyone

I'm going to order my (cell master) and (battery equalizer and personal matcher) tomorrow. Has anyone ordered from racing11 and if so can you tell me how their service was.

much thankx
Old 12-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Hello everyone

I'm going to order my (cell master) and (battery equalizer and personal matcher) tomorrow. Has anyone ordered from racing11 and if so can you tell me how their service was.

much thankx
I haven't ordered from racing11 but you may want to check with Nexus racing. I ordered the ctx-d2 from them and it got to my home within the week. I had great service from them, you can't go wrong. Just my .2 cents.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone

much thankx
hey man order from nexus beacuse if you get youre muchmore stuff form overseas and it breaks they wont service youre stuff here in north america for some reason , i know its cheaper from hong kong but buy youre muchmore stuff from here you will thank me in the long run plus arun from nexus is an awesome guy .
Old 12-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ngo8
hey man order from nexus beacuse if you get youre muchmore stuff form overseas and it breaks they wont service youre stuff here in north america for some reason , i know its cheaper from hong kong but buy youre muchmore stuff from here you will thank me in the long run plus arun from nexus is an awesome guy .
+1
Old 12-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

So if I buy from overseas can I still have my units repaired overseas? but I can't have them repaired here in the USA? What purpose does that serve other than price gouging?

Just trying to figure this out...no insult to anyone intended.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I have a question which doesnt relate to the topic, but im hoping someone can help me

tekin esc question
Old 12-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Im hoping soomeone can help me out, I acquired a tekin titan esc and there is an extra wire coming out of the front where the receiver wires come out. I have the manual and it doesnt mention the wire. Anyone know?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Rookie

here it is
Attached Thumbnails Team Much-More cell master v1-kitty-009.jpg  
Old 12-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So if I buy from overseas can I still have my units repaired overseas? but I can't have them repaired here in the USA? What purpose does that serve other than price gouging?

Just trying to figure this out...no insult to anyone intended.
Yes and Yes. It's not price gouging at all... Much More Racing is a company that operates in different continents. Many products are developed for certain continents... the first Power Masters had a 110V version and a 220V version depending on where the consumer is located.

I've done both (purchase MMR products overseas and the USA)... items that can be costly if they break (Power Master, Cell Master, CTX-D, etc) I have purchased in the US (Nexus Racing)... now, smaller items such as the heat sinks, distibution blocks, etc I would consider purchasing overseas.

Very similar in photography... I have thousands of dollars invested in Nikon camera gear over the years... it is much cheaper to buy gear overseas (called grey market) but, grey market items do not carry the same warranty as Nikon USA gear. As with MMR, if any of the items purchased overseas broke, I would have to ship it somewhere in Asia... same with MMR. USA bought Nikon gear, if broken, gets shipped to Torrance, CA while MMR items gets shipped to British Columbia, Canada.

So... yes, overseas items may be a little bit cheaper but, if something went wrong... I think you'll wish you had spent a little more buying here in the USA.

I have had very good experiences with Arun and Kumpol at Nexus Racing... also with Steve at SpeedTech. I strongly recommend them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.