R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-30-2006, 08:20 AM   #1156
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Charging profiles, Can I use the same profile for 4 cell that I used for 6 cell 3800's. If not, could some one post one up. Thanks

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #1157
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

You can if you dont have to set the number of cells like a Pulsar Competition 1/2, But on a Reedy Quasar Pro, you have to define the number of cells.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #1158
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I meant other that changing the number of cells in the profile. so I guess that's a go then, just change the number of cells and I'm good to go (doin the Taco Bell hand thing). Thanks

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #1159
Tech Regular

Hi guys, i need some help with my Cell Master. I just got my IB4200 SHV and tried charging it with my Cell Master. Today is the 3rd time i charged it and it peak cut at 353mAH although i have fully discharged it with my Spintec Batt Manager. The first charge of the battery was at around 4300mAH, the 2nd charge was around 3500mAH and the 3rd charge at 353mAH. What's wrong?
oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #1160
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

List what your profile settings are. It is hard to tell what the problem is without knowing how the charger is setup up.

Check out the nexus racing site for recommended profiles

http://nexusracing.net/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=19

My guess is your lock out is not set long enough and your delta peak may be a little low.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:14 PM   #1161
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle
Hi guys, i need some help with my Cell Master. I just got my IB4200 SHV and tried charging it with my Cell Master. Today is the 3rd time i charged it and it peak cut at 353mAH although i have fully discharged it with my Spintec Batt Manager. The first charge of the battery was at around 4300mAH, the 2nd charge was around 3500mAH and the 3rd charge at 353mAH. What's wrong?
A 15-20min long lockout should fix this. The spintec Batt Manager takes the voltage of the pack way down slowly...the end result is you have a very dead pack. Your pack probably just needs to get some charge into it before the voltage stops fluctuating.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #1162
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
A 15-20min long lockout should fix this. The spintec Batt Manager takes the voltage of the pack way down slowly...the end result is you have a very dead pack. Your pack probably just needs to get some charge into it before the voltage stops fluctuating.
Thanks for your advice. As i read from the Spintec Battery Manager thread, i'm suppose to use the Battery Manager to discharge by battery after play and to equalize it before i charge again. Is this true?

Anyway, i'll try what you said tomorrow evening as i will be practising with my buddies. I just hope that my IB4200 is ok.

Thanks again
oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:27 AM   #1163
Tech Prophet

The spintec is to be used for "maintaince" of the pack. I would not use it every time. It works great at making old packs "fresh" again but it really does not make good packs any better. I would only recommend trying the cells down to no less then .7V per cell and then charge from there. Every 5-10 runs of the pack use the spintech.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:54 PM   #1164
Tech Fanatic

You can't make old packs fresh again,only new is fresh and once packs are old they are old.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:02 PM   #1165
Tech Prophet

Sorry-- The spintec will make an old pack perform more like it did when it was new. Is that better?

Old 09-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #1166
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Ryan/Nexus Racing,

Need help here. The 2 fans on my new cell master v1.0 come on immediately when the charger is plugged onto a power supply. Is it normal? I thought that they are supposed to come on only when the charger heats up to a certain temperature?

Thanks.
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #1167
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Tan
Hi Ryan/Nexus Racing,

Need help here. The 2 fans on my new cell master v1.0 come on immediately when the charger is plugged onto a power supply. Is it normal? I thought that they are supposed to come on only when the charger heats up to a certain temperature?

Thanks.
Yes, the fans should be off at rest unless the charger is still hot from a previous discharge/charge. Are you in a hot environment or in direct sunlight?
Old 09-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #1168
Tech Master

Quote:
Yes, the fans should be off at rest unless the charger is still hot from a previous discharge/charge. Are you in a hot environment or in direct sunlight?
nope. Was using the charger in an air con room at about 24 degree centigrade. Weird thing is that i booted up the charger from cold. It apparently charges ok. Just that the fan noise during idle is driving me nuts at home,and i think the fans will die of overwork.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #1169
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Tan
nope. Was using the charger in an air con room at about 24 degree centigrade. Weird thing is that i booted up the charger from cold. It apparently charges ok. Just that the fan noise during idle is driving me nuts at home,and i think the fans will die of overwork.
You should contact your local distributor to make them aware of your issue. Since your charger is new, you should be eligible for an easy (and hopefully quick) replacement.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #1170
Tech Master

Quote:
You should contact your local distributor to make them aware of your issue. Since your charger is new, you should be eligible for an easy (and hopefully quick) replacement.
Point noted. Thanks!