R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #1006
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

RCMART had a very busy period at one stage due to moving premises (everything).. I got the word that they hired a heap of more people to help deak with the huge level of orders.

I can honestly say they're right back on track.. I had my MM CTX-D shipped to me in two days (from HK to Aus).. and that was on the weekend!!! very happy with RCMART's service..

if you have a faulty product, send it back. This is the downside to buying international, if it fails, it will have to be posted back..

James
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #1007
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lol, i seriously doubt rcmart are back on track
when they can't even communicate with their suppliers.
so many people who have brought gear from them are in
the same boat. check the forums on their site for a
MASSIVE list of complaints related to shipping & bad service.
and even after the move it still continues.
....if they can't deal with returns on faulty products, what good are they?

.RCMART SUCK.
[and thats my opinion, along with heaps of others]
mitchsterbrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:21 PM   #1008
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to WhoMe

Anyone have a recommended charging profile for micro cells on the Cell master; like GP 1100s?
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #1009
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchsterbrau
lol, i seriously doubt rcmart are back on track
when they can't even communicate with their suppliers.
so many people who have brought gear from them are in
the same boat. check the forums on their site for a
MASSIVE list of complaints related to shipping & bad service.
and even after the move it still continues.
....if they can't deal with returns on faulty products, what good are they?

.RCMART SUCK.
[and thats my opinion, along with heaps of others]
so go support your LHS then

in any business you will NEVER NEVER EVER get 100% customer satisfaction no matter how hard you try. either internal or external factors or just plain customer ignorance will come into play. rcmart does thousands of orders a month, lets say 20 a month come up unhappy. (look on ebay what their rating is 98%??)

98% satisfaction. can your business you work for be able to say that?!?!?
XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:36 PM   #1010
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

does anyone here buy the optional fan that is to be plug on the right hand side of CTXC? coz if i dun have this fan, would it be neccessary to set the fan temp during charging? and how much would the fan cost? can we get other replacement fan for it? Thanks
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #1011
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

guys, other than the optional fan which still have no answer, does anyone here charge their TX AA 2500mah Ni-Mh battery here? can i know the settings? i tried to use CTX charge, is it ok? coz when i use peak charge, it stop chargin very fast, i think false peak. not sure. for the fan, can we use the normal 25x25 or 30x30 fan with it? and is it use to blow the battery?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #1012
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I would only linear charge AA batteries. You usually recharge them from a partial charge as well since I would guess you do not have an AA discharger. (assuming). CTX should only be used for a battery that has been fully discharged. I would turn up the delta peak and still use the temp probe as a fail safe.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:26 AM   #1013
Tech Fanatic

anyone here use heatsink or cooling fan during charging battery? coz my muchmore CTX charger always show temp cut after it finish charging. so i was thinking that my battery might be getting too warm before it can fully charge the battery. i remember seeing some battery stand with cooling fan in some of the competition picture. so was just curious about it.

As for this charger, i always use CTX charge with discharging function 1st, so is it ok? and for AA battery, linear charge how to use ah? i also charge the AA Ni-Mh battery the same way as stick pack. is it ok?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #1014
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I use the heatsink during charging. It seems to equalize the temperatures of the cells and keep it at a slightly cool temperature. I always crank the delta peak up a tiny bit more though, so it gets the cells a touch warmer. I actually dont use the temp cutoff. It's not much of a big deal around here since it's not veyr warm. I can see using it out in thailand or any other really warm climate.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #1015
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Anyone have a recommended charging profile for micro cells on the Cell master; like GP 1100s?
Discharge it first at discharge mode.

1.0A 0.1V cut

then charge

Linear mode
20minutes long lock out, 1.2A charge, 6~8mV.

Above setting will work perfect.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #1016
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
guys, other than the optional fan which still have no answer, does anyone here charge their TX AA 2500mah Ni-Mh battery here? can i know the settings? i tried to use CTX charge, is it ok? coz when i use peak charge, it stop chargin very fast, i think false peak. not sure. for the fan, can we use the normal 25x25 or 30x30 fan with it? and is it use to blow the battery?
For your TX AA 2500mah,

Please try the setting that I've mentioned above.(for GP1100)

It will work too.

If you experience false peak, just try 10~12mV and check contacts between alligator clips and battery.
Keeping good contacts is very very important for reading voltage.

Ryan
Old 04-30-2006, 12:32 AM   #1017
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default much less

hey guys got a problem with my new cell master. it ran ok the first weekend of use,charged about 8 battery packs, i was precharging for a club race tomorrow when this thing took a crap,keeps giving error of (check clips ),thought it might be just low voltage on the pack so i tryed the same one with my orion with no problems and that charger doesn't like to charge low packs,and had no problems,tryed a total of 3 different 6 cells as well as some of my oval 4cell packs with no success,but my rino&orion chargers had no problem with them,need help quick! i was lucky and got picked for the reedy race and was hoping this charger would be what i need but didn't last a week ,i bought it a couple of weeks ago from nexus,can anyone please help me,only got a month before the race
Old 04-30-2006, 12:58 AM   #1018
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Lee
Discharge it first at discharge mode.

1.0A 0.1V cut

then charge

Linear mode
20minutes long lock out, 1.2A charge, 6~8mV.

Above setting will work perfect.
sweetness!!!..thanks Mr. Lee, a little different than the settings i was using but will give the expert's advice a try
acsubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:10 AM   #1019
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-tech-redneck
hey guys got a problem with my new cell master. it ran ok the first weekend of use,charged about 8 battery packs, i was precharging for a club race tomorrow when this thing took a crap,keeps giving error of (check clips ),thought it might be just low voltage on the pack so i tryed the same one with my orion with no problems and that charger doesn't like to charge low packs,and had no problems,tryed a total of 3 different 6 cells as well as some of my oval 4cell packs with no success,but my rino&orion chargers had no problem with them,need help quick! i was lucky and got picked for the reedy race and was hoping this charger would be what i need but didn't last a week ,i bought it a couple of weeks ago from nexus,can anyone please help me,only got a month before the race
Try to increase PS voltage. That seems to help other guys with same issue

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:26 AM   #1020
Tech Adept

Default ps voltage?

i don't want to sound to stupid, but what is ps voltage? and how do i rase ?