R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #961
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'll check the number of cells, but I did a factory reset a couple of times hoping it would reslove the issue. Thanks. Please keep 'em coming peeps...
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #962
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Check that the power supply is not putting out too much voltage? I am not an expert but this could be a problem?

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #963
Tech Regular

I had this problem with my 8 cell pack from my transmitter.
I lowered the amp's and solved it. So lower the amps for a try.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:14 PM   #964
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can anyone suggest a good CTX setup for the IB3800 cells?
also is there anywhere where you can get CTX setups as
the much more site only has surikarns one. What is surikarns
like anyway?

cheers
AL-HEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:31 PM   #965
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

here ya go alex http://nexusracing.net/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=19
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:36 AM   #966
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about for IB3600?

Ive tried it with the setup found in the manual and half way through the charge the cell were heating up.
work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #967
Tech Addict

hi i was just curious if the ib3800 charge setup can be used for the ib4200s aswell?
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #968
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

IB3800 setups should be able to be used on IB4200 packs, but they may or may not give the best performance. I can say that the going trend has been to "widen" the current setups when higher capacity cells become available, so it may be advisable to set the stopping point of the first step to a higher mah, and adjust the other steps accordingly.

We just haven't tested or gotten any feedback on IB4200 setups yet, so we have not been able to list any on the site.

You probably can't go wrong with a linear charge on the IB4200. These cells apparantly have so much power AND run-time already. When it gets to the point where you have 200+ seconds of run-time left on a pack after a race, a CTX setup may not be giving you anything.

Perhaps Ryan Lee can give some insight on how he is charging his MMR IB4200 batteries .
Old 03-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #969
Tech Addict

it is mmr ib4200s that i have and the power and runtimre they have is amazing. I had to reduce my throtle high point to 60% at my last club meeting because the torque was just to muchand doing this still won the a final. I was just using ryan lees ib3800 setupand got 300 seconds back out of my cells after a 5 minute stock sedan race. I got these numbers on my spintec of average voltage 7.75 volts cant remember the capacity and 22 internal resistance afgter 3 runs of the cells.
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:25 PM   #970
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Am I doing something wrong?

I just received my brand new cell master today from nexus racing and I can not get it to charge any battery. Every attempt at a charge results in about a 1 sec charge and then it stops indicating a temp cut off. On the charge screen, in the upper right, the display cycles between the input voltage, the battery voltage and the temp probe as it is supposed to. Unfortunately, the temp probe ALWAYS reads 99.9 degrees. I tried a factory reset of the unit, without any change. Am I missing something, or did I get a problem unit?
minidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #971
Tech Regular

I charge my IB4200 at 6.0A linear and 6mV delta peak.
I dishcarge my pack by zero-v mode on CTX-D before charge as Nexus recommended few page before. I think this way of discharging helps putting more capacity(200mAh+ ) to my batteries!

It's winter here in Korea now, so I warm up my batteries before charging.
I made my own battery warmers that can store 3packs.
It is connected to Tire cooker of CTX-W. Maybe you guys could use your bar type tire wamers as battery warmers.

Then I move my battery pack to Warming Tray. (set 30~40deg.C on Cell master), then start charge.

My target temperatue when the charge terminated by peak cut, is 50~52deg.C.

You may feel some lack of power from new 4200 cells. But after 3-4 runs, power gets higher !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
IB3800 setups should be able to be used on IB4200 packs, but they may or may not give the best performance. I can say that the going trend has been to "widen" the current setups when higher capacity cells become available, so it may be advisable to set the stopping point of the first step to a higher mah, and adjust the other steps accordingly.

We just haven't tested or gotten any feedback on IB4200 setups yet, so we have not been able to list any on the site.

You probably can't go wrong with a linear charge on the IB4200. These cells apparantly have so much power AND run-time already. When it gets to the point where you have 200+ seconds of run-time left on a pack after a race, a CTX setup may not be giving you anything.

Perhaps Ryan Lee can give some insight on how he is charging his MMR IB4200 batteries .
Old 03-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #972
Tech Regular

I'm sorry to hear that,

Either temp probe or MCU(main IC) might be broken.

If "battery sensor open" message shows up when you put input power into Cell Master, temp sensor has short circuit problem.
In this case, It can be fixed by replacement of temp probe.
Or you may fix it by yourself. Get rid of heat shrink holding around temp sensor. then try to resolder the diode(small red colored one).

If it is MCU problem, you have to send it to Muchmore USA or Nexus racing.
They'll service it very quick without repair charge cuz it's under warranty term.

Thanks,

Ryan/Muchmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidriver
Am I doing something wrong?

I just received my brand new cell master today from nexus racing and I can not get it to charge any battery. Every attempt at a charge results in about a 1 sec charge and then it stops indicating a temp cut off. On the charge screen, in the upper right, the display cycles between the input voltage, the battery voltage and the temp probe as it is supposed to. Unfortunately, the temp probe ALWAYS reads 99.9 degrees. I tried a factory reset of the unit, without any change. Am I missing something, or did I get a problem unit?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #973
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I do not get the "battery sensor open" message on start up of unit. So I guess it is not just the temp probe, but a failure of the unit right out of the box.

nexus racing said I had to email [email protected], which I have now done.

Sorry, but there is absolutely no way I am going to attempt "self repair" of a unit (opening it up, soldering something, etc) that I just received today and that does not work.

I just hope that the warranty repair process is good, quick and no cost to me, including shipping the unit back to somebody.

Last edited by minidriver; 03-15-2006 at 07:51 AM.
minidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #974
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21
Clips are perfect. Changed the amps on step to from .2 to .6 and it seems to be working fine.
Your chargers need to be checked by our engineer.
LM324 or 5025 FET part may have problem.
Please send it to Muchmore USA, we will look into it asap.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 03-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #975
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudguard
Maybe someone can shed light on my problem Am trying to charge my (8-Cell) 4200 Nimh battery pack at 5AMPs but CM keeps on beeping and amperage goes down to Zero and climbs back. Using a DC regulated 13.8V 6-AMP power supply but cant get the beeping to stop Is the Charger Defective???
If you charge 8cells at 5amp, out put voltage will exceed input voltage. so Cell master will make OVER VOLTAGE error "OVER VOT" on the display.

8cell charging by the CM is for 8cell(0.5~1.0A) transmitter batteries.

Thanks,

Ryan