R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2005, 02:08 AM   #871
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to belgianchamp

Hi,

I have problems to with my CM ,I think my setup in the charger is wrong.Last race my charger stopped on +-2300 and my battery was discharged @20amp and later on a Rayspeed discharger.I use 18Mv ( 3mv @ 1cell x6cells) = 18Mv??

I'm using GP3700 Orion battery's.This is my e-mail adress and messenger [email protected] PLS HELP ME
belgianchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #872
Tech Rookie

Hi I need a CTX profile for Nosram 3000 batteries.
I race in a stock class and race duration is 10 mins with 21 turn motor.

Thanks
previssimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #873
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

How hot are the cells when they stop? If they're under 100F, then put them in a bit longer, and have the Temp Cutoff kick in at a higher temp, maybe 110-115. Some do 125-130, but that's a bit much for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianchamp
Hi,

I have problems to with my CM ,I think my setup in the charger is wrong.Last race my charger stopped on +-2300 and my battery was discharged @20amp and later on a Rayspeed discharger.I use 18Mv ( 3mv @ 1cell x6cells) = 18Mv??

I'm using GP3700 Orion battery's.This is my e-mail adress and messenger [email protected] PLS HELP ME
Old 12-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #874
Tech Fanatic

125-135 is what your shooting for at peak.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #875
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

A couple quick questions. I have a cell master on it's way and can hardly wait for it to arrive so I can try thing thing out.

Questions: Do you have to use 3 steps when charging with the CTX? Can you only do two steps.

Related to that what is the point of the 30mah at a low amp prior to finishing off the battery at a lower charge rate.

Also how are people determining when to step down? Is there a formula you guys are following or just guessing? It seems like the longer you charge at a high amp rate the more performance you will get out of the batteries. I guess I will be able to answer some of these questions when I get my cell master.

Last one. At what point (mah) does the temp in the cells start to go up? Anyone determine this for GP3300 and GP 3700? I know the temp remains pretty stable during charging for the most part and then as it nears capacity the temp ramps up but when does this normally happen with a fully discharged batter?

Thanks for the input.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:55 PM   #876
Tech Prophet

One more. Does this charger give you battery internal resistance measurements during charging?

Old 12-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #877
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

You can see IR measurement after the disharge is finished

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 PM   #878
Tech Prophet

Ok- I am used to seeing charge internal resistance on my integy chargers that I judge battery age with. I was not planning on discharging batteries on the cell master so I was hoping you could get internal resistance during the charge cycle.

Thanks

Old 12-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #879
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
A couple quick questions. I have a cell master on it's way and can hardly wait for it to arrive so I can try thing thing out.

Questions: Do you have to use 3 steps when charging with the CTX? Can you only do two steps.

Related to that what is the point of the 30mah at a low amp prior to finishing off the battery at a lower charge rate.

Also how are people determining when to step down? Is there a formula you guys are following or just guessing? It seems like the longer you charge at a high amp rate the more performance you will get out of the batteries. I guess I will be able to answer some of these questions when I get my cell master.

Last one. At what point (mah) does the temp in the cells start to go up? Anyone determine this for GP3300 and GP 3700? I know the temp remains pretty stable during charging for the most part and then as it nears capacity the temp ramps up but when does this normally happen with a fully discharged batter?

Thanks for the input.
1) You can do only two steps if you wish...all you have to do is set the FIRST step to 0000mah.

2) A little bit of both. We start with what is provided to us, and work from there. You are correct in that the longer you charge at higher amps, the more power.

3) This is one thing that makes the Cell Master different from other chargers. With the CM, the battery gets its temperature during charge as opposed to at the end of charge. This is because the CM's super linear current naturally gets the battery hotter. Another result of this is that you will set unusually low delta peak settings (compared to other chargers). The amount of time that the battery's voltage actually drops becomes very short and constant with the CM. Basically, you don't have to overcharge the battery with the CM in order to get power. In fact, some factory racers use the zero delta peak in certain situations.
More information on this here: http://nexusracing.net/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=29
Old 12-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #880
Tech Prophet

Thanks for the info. I am sure I will have more questions when I finally get my hands on the charger. It is in the mail!

Old 12-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #881
Tech Regular

hi. my ctx-c is only 2 weeks old.

however my ^ button is not working well.... when i push it lightly, the button clicks but nothing happens. to make it work, i have to push it hard and hold it for a little while....

is this an easy fix, like opening it up and cleaning the connectors? is it a common problem?

i dont want to void warranty, but if its easy to do, i rather do it myself than go without a charger for a month.

ryan lee, can u advise what i should do?
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #882
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Is the cell master able to charge Li-Po batteries ?

thanks
Ralf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:26 PM   #883
Tech Master

yup
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #884
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Oh yes it does

You can download it's manual here

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:39 PM   #885
Tech Elite

Yesterday, I can't charge my Li-Po with usual setting 3cells 0.7A using CellMaster. There is *TEMP CUT* pop up instantly after the charging start and then aborted.
I'm sure temp probe is not touching any hot surface.
This case only happened in LI-po function on the charger

Never experience case like this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.